BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Surely No One Is Going To Go On Tuesday V Crewe.

Seems to me that next Tuesday is the perfect game to boycott surely. After going to every home game for years me any bro are sacking that one off.

Yes it would be a low attendance anyway, but a crowd less than 4 or 5k would surely speak volumes.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Didn't we get about 4K at the Swansea match a couple of seasons back in the FA cup?

This will be a lower attendance

I seem to remember about 3500 v Cardiff last home of the season in the mid 80s .....It could have been a Mayday afternoon , not everybody got that day off in those days....

Also , i didnt go Willington replay in 72 during power strikes played on an afternoon ....similar gate maybe lower...

I seem to remember about 3500 v Cardiff last home of the season in the mid 80s .....It could have been a Mayday afternoon , not everybody got that day off in those days....

Also , i didnt go Willington replay in 72 during power strikes played on an afternoon ....similar gate maybe lower...

I went to Willington home and away. I wish I knew what the gates were.

Maybe Parson Blue is able to assist?

Away game was 4,600 and home game similar according to this

http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/features/columnists/mikeamos/backtrack/10841024.display/

although 4.500 from a newspaper report

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/willingtonafc/news/newspaper-headlines-24-november-1973-willington-cu-447654.html

4,600 at Willington PB and then 4,025 for the replay at Ewood. It was a Monday afternoon due to the power cuts. Being a student - who'd broken up for Christmas from college - I was able to get to the home game and was able to see Big John O'Mara get a couple. The acid test on Tuesday will be beating the 2,161 that were on for the Wimbledon cup-tie. Again, it was a game I saw but the fact that we were 5-0 down from the first leg explained the low gate. I suspect we might get around the 3,000-4,000 mark on Tuesday.

If that were under today's "executive management" they would have claimed 10,250 for the home gate.

4,600 at Willington PB and then 4,025 for the replay at Ewood. It was a Monday afternoon due to the power cuts. Being a student - who'd broken up for Christmas from college - I was able to get to the home game and was able to see Big John O'Mara get a couple. The acid test on Tuesday will be beating the 2,161 that were on for the Wimbledon cup-tie. Again, it was a game I saw but the fact that we were 5-0 down from the first leg explained the low gate. I suspect we might get around the 3,000-4,000 mark on Tuesday.

Thanks for the additional info PB. We did a bunk from Wellfield School in Leyland for the home game :-))

When was the Wimbledon game please?

I had forgotten about that Wimbledon game .....Thanks for the info.

Did we also need a replay to beat Altrincham that year or was that another year?

If that were under today's "executive management" they would have claimed 10,250 for the home gate.

Thanks for the additional info PB. We did a bunk from Wellfield School in Leyland for the home game :-))

When was the Wimbledon game please?

It was October 1985 PB. We won 2-1 but lost 6-2 on aggregate. On checking up I note that we finished fourth from bottom that season with survival being assured on the last day of the season - our game was put back to the Monday night after a torrential downpour had waterlogged Ewood just before the game against Grimsby was due to begin on the Saturday. The results on the Saturday meant anything less than a win would mean relegation to the Third Division and I remember that someone with a sense of humour at the club played Elvis singing "It's now or never" as the players came out! Happy days! Heaven only knows what they'll be playing at the end of this season.

It was October 1985 PB. We won 2-1 but lost 6-2 on aggregate. On checking up I note that we finished fourth from bottom that season with survival being assured on the last day of the season - our game was put back to the Monday night after a torrential downpour had waterlogged Ewood just before the game against Grimsby was due to begin on the Saturday. The results on the Saturday meant anything less than a win would mean relegation to the Third Division and I remember that someone with a sense of humour at the club played Elvis singing "It's now or never" as the players came out! Happy days! Heaven only knows what they'll be playing at the end of this season.

Archived