BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Surely No One Is Going To Go On Tuesday V Crewe.

We don't have any Championship standard full backs. Hendrie has to be one of the worst full backs I have ever seen. His error in the last minute for Crewe's 3rd goal was shocking. He could have done anything with the ball other than what he did and Crewe would have had a harder time scoring. At that stage in the game he should have put it over the Riverside roof rather than head it towards one of their players.

There's a difference between Jason Lowe's best position and what's best for Blackburn Rovers. Undoubtedly Jason Lowe's best position is right back, however that doesn't make him a good right back for us.

Marshall can 'do a job' at right back but that comes at the cost of playing Liam Feeney, which I'd rather we didn't do.

Marshall is 100% a Championship standard right back, he might even become a Premier League standard right back if he gets a run of games there. It is his best position by far and Coyle needs to play him there.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The longer fans lay off Coyle and concentrate on Venkys the better. Granted it'll happen sooner or later as he's another bit of a dud brought in for reasons way beyond football. However people in the media are beginning to sit up and take notice and if all they hear is Rovers fans Keanesque abuse of Coyle after a few games it'll be spun right back onto us :(

We have to agree the first Target is Venkys Hatcheries in India.

Koyley is a dud brought in for dud reasons.

hmm

Should've gone to Specsavers

So should Hendrie. At least I think that's what Duffy was shouting at him. Or maybe it was "Row Z you muppet" judging by his actions. Hendrie thought better of a very easy retort. Don't think he'll be here long.

The longer fans lay off Coyle and concentrate on Venkys the better. Granted it'll happen sooner or later as he's another bit of a dud brought in for reasons way beyond football. However people in the media are beginning to sit up and take notice and if all they hear is Rovers fans Keanesque abuse of Coyle after a few games it'll be spun right back onto us :(

He's rubbish. Surely we can't ignore that? No other fans would.

Agreed, but I do have to work so very hard to avoid the SEM/Crescendo/alien mendacity link....I am trying though!

The OC tactic will be to let us get 0-2 down and then show how brilliant and what a genius he is by winning the game.

My goodness this OC is a shrewd little doggie.

Are you clairvoyant PB?

An entertaining game to say the least. Crewe play an attractive style of football and at times we struggled to live with them. After his mistake which led to the second goal, Raya excelled in the second half and kept us in the game. Wharton had an excellent game and Duffy improved after a very indifferent first half. Lowe and Hendrie were poor at full-back whilst Byrne and Akpan struggled in midfield. Stokes had another poor game and offered very little going forward. Defensively we look a complete shambles at times and are conceding far too many goals. Still, it's always good to see a win no matter how fortunate it might be. I have no doubt that Coyle knows that we are five or six players short of having a decent Championship squad and surely his fate rests on the quality of player he is allowed to bring in by the owners. If they deny him money then I doubt he will last till Christmas but, then again, I doubt any manager worth his salt would be prepared to take the job by then. Both Mansfield and Crewe have made us work for the wins and had us at full stretch at times. It basically sums up the quality within this present squad.

A pretty fair summary. Yes Raya improved after half time but you can't give two goals then try to make up for it. I felt they could score every time they took a long shot. Lowe was again rubbish and it was a big improvement when Marshall took over. Feeney was utterly useless. Every cross cleared the penalty area by yards. He just can't cross. I thought Guthrie was OK when he came on and Wharton played well although he missed too many headers completely when not under pressure. He needs to improve that.

A pretty fair summary. Yes Raya improved after half time but you can't give two goals then try to make up for it. I felt they could score every time they took a long shot. Lowe was again rubbish and it was a big improvement when Marshall took over. Feeney was utterly useless. Every cross cleared the penalty area by yards. He just can't cross. I thought Guthrie was OK when he came on and Wharton played well although he missed too many headers completely when not under pressure. He needs to improve that.

I thought Feeney put in some good balls, especially in the first half.

He's rubbish. Surely we can't ignore that? No other fans would.

Other fans haven't got our form for coco though. All I'm saying is just swerve him for now, Berg, Appleton, Bowyer all got potted without any abuse so hopefully if results continue to decline he'll get the bullet. If not he'll get what's coming but with the way things are going at least some of the bigger picture will be out there before Sky are all over the 'Burnley' angle.

I thought Feeney put in some good balls, especially in the first half.

Sorry can't agree with that. Every one completely cleared the penalty area or hit the first defender. He needs sacking to avoid the temptation to play him.

great game for the neutral to watch last night - end to end with plenty of opportunities and Crewe hitting the crossbar. From a Rovers POV considering that at some stage this season that 11 could well be playing a league match, I'm worried.

• Raya made a great save at 2-1 (although it should of been buried) after his fumble allowed them to increase their lead.
  • The full-backs are were once again exposed as not good enough at this leveTl.
  • Central midfield were over-run time after time - I said after pre-season that a midfield two with Byrne in just isn't strong enough and I've seen nothing to change my opinion on that.

these are the main problem areas for me and the lack of pressing from the midfield duo resulted in yet again a run going untracked with a shot from outside the box going - although credit that it was a brilliant strike when in position to do so.

An interesting point from last, my brother isn't a Rovers fan or seen us this season although is a football watcher and even he mentioned at half-time that the players looked a bit out of shape/unfit esp. Danny Graham.

Not good enough for the 4th division? :unsure: We're surely going down.

As for the fitness - that's been an ongoing concern here for several seasons. I take it the 'fitness team' was sacked and as a cheap alternative someone searches Youtube for 'kids soccer drills'.

• Central midfield were over-run time after time - I said after pre-season that a midfield two with Byrne in just isn't strong enough and I've seen nothing to change my opinion on that.

IMO this is a symptom of Coyle insisting our wide midfielders hug the touchline at all times.

When not in possession they should tuck in and play as a much more compact four, adjusting left or right as necessary. Thus the central pair wouldn't need to cover as much of the pitch and be a bit more solid.

Old fashioned tactics, that's always been Coyles way, he's not moved with the times.

But the owners wanted entertainment, well they're getting it in one way I guess, goals, but mostly in the wrong net.

IMO this is a symptom of Coyle insisting our wide midfielders hug the touchline at all times.

When not in possession they should tuck in and play as a much more compact four, adjusting left or right as necessary. Thus the central pair wouldn't need to cover as much of the pitch and be a bit more solid.

The exact jobs done so superbly by the much maligned Diouf and Pedersen in what is almost guaranteed to be our last top half PL finish for decades, if not generations.

One of the many tasks on a football pitch that is enthusiastically scorned and derided by ignorant fans until they're shown what happens when nobody's doing it.

Archived