BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Surely No One Is Going To Go On Tuesday V Crewe.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No doubt the 'official' line will be something like "I'm proud of the lads, they battled well and fought for the win. This will build confidence after a difficult start to the season."

No mention that Crewe probably gave us a good slapping at times.

but "positive"

Least Gaz would have given it a right good go and been magnificent.

No doubt the 'official' line will be something like "I'm proud of the lads, they battled well and fought for the win. This will build confidence after a difficult start to the season."

No mention that Crewe probably gave us a good slapping at times.

Worse he was literally talking about 'taking the positives'.

As exciting as that was for the neutral we should not be outplayed, let alone conceding three against a League Two side. We got back into it, granted but even second half Crewe could and maybe should have been 5-2 up after 20 minutes.

Interesting that Lowe was subbed and Conway took the armband. Wonder if the penny has finally dropped? (Probably not).

Well done Scott Warton, he had an excellent game. Conway probably pipped him to man of the match in reality and looked like a lad who really wanted to get into the side. Akpan struggled badly and seems out of form, while Stokes has close to losing it a couple of times and needs to focus. Gallagher - jury's out.

Only my second game of the season so it was good to have a break from reality and get to shake my head at some poor football for a couple of hours.

Oh and we are so poor we can't even afford a box big enough to hold all the minutes in!

27C75109-D4A5-47A5-ABAE-8F0FC77808F5.jpe

#VenkysOut #CoyleOut

*Coyle + poor full backs + us not having had a proper midfield pairing since Tugay and Savage = 15 goals conceded in 6 games, 2 of which against lower league opposition.

*Good to see Wharton doing well. It's telling that he needed an injury crisis on top of a shambolic transfer window to get a chance to play. If Rovers are to survive without fickle sugar daddies, that approach to blooding youngsters needs to be seriously re-evaluated.

*Would Raya have spilled the shot before their second goal if he had spent last season out on loan to gain experience and build confidence?

*Coyle + poor full backs + us not having had a proper midfield pairing since Tugay and Savage = 15 goals conceded in 6 games, 2 of which against lower league opposition.

*Good to see Wharton doing well. It's telling that he needed an injury crisis on top of a shambolic transfer window to get a chance to play. If Rovers are to survive without fickle sugar daddies, that approach to blooding youngsters needs to be seriously re-evaluated.

*Would Raya have spilled the shot before their second goal if he had spent last season out on loan to gain experience and build confidence?

We've concede 4 against lower league opposition in two games.

A unexpected win to wake up to, sounded like an exciting game in the end and a nice reward for those that went.

Seems the bigger story that is getting a lot of attention from non Rovers on social media is regarding the low attendance and attention in Venky's direction

So seems a win / win night all round

An entertaining game to say the least. Crewe play an attractive style of football and at times we struggled to live with them. After his mistake which led to the second goal, Raya excelled in the second half and kept us in the game. Wharton had an excellent game and Duffy improved after a very indifferent first half. Lowe and Hendrie were poor at full-back whilst Byrne and Akpan struggled in midfield. Stokes had another poor game and offered very little going forward. Defensively we look a complete shambles at times and are conceding far too many goals. Still, it's always good to see a win no matter how fortunate it might be. I have no doubt that Coyle knows that we are five or six players short of having a decent Championship squad and surely his fate rests on the quality of player he is allowed to bring in by the owners. If they deny him money then I doubt he will last till Christmas but, then again, I doubt any manager worth his salt would be prepared to take the job by then. Both Mansfield and Crewe have made us work for the wins and had us at full stretch at times. It basically sums up the quality within this present squad.

Thanks Parson.

Even a poor team can overcome their lack of quality by fitness, motivation and organisation?

Dyche does it every week!

Even when(if) we play well,we are likely to lose because of a poor set-up.

Better teams than Crewe will simply pick us off.

An entertaining game to say the least. Crewe play an attractive style of football and at times we struggled to live with them. After his mistake which led to the second goal, Raya excelled in the second half and kept us in the game. Wharton had an excellent game and Duffy improved after a very indifferent first half. Lowe and Hendrie were poor at full-back whilst Byrne and Akpan struggled in midfield. Stokes had another poor game and offered very little going forward. Defensively we look a complete shambles at times and are conceding far too many goals. Still, it's always good to see a win no matter how fortunate it might be. I have no doubt that Coyle knows that we are five or six players short of having a decent Championship squad and surely his fate rests on the quality of player he is allowed to bring in by the owners. If they deny him money then I doubt he will last till Christmas but, then again, I doubt any manager worth his salt would be prepared to take the job by then. Both Mansfield and Crewe have made us work for the wins and had us at full stretch at times. It basically sums up the quality within this present squad.

I think Coyle knows the script and won't be walking or sacked for some time.

There will be no calls for his head as everyone is now in no doubt that Venkys are the real problem.

One thing I did sense tonight, there is very much an air of frustration at Ewood. The players don't seem up for it and offer the (ever decreasing) crowd very little, while the crowd has no desire to inject any atmosphere. The game was all of about 3 minutes old when the familiar refrains of "your support is f______ sh__" were ringing out in the away end. Those left watching now are literally doing just that. There are no songs, no chants, no real noises generated at all. It's like that period just before football natives usually start to get restless and call for a managers' head or just leave in droves during the game, but on repeat as infinitum.

Meanwhile the manager just talks about 'taking the positives' from every game. It's literally like Kean is still here but anger has been replaced with apathy.

Entertaining. Good to win no matter how fortunate.

4th Division Crewe!

I'll let that sink in...

4th Division Crewe!

Nothing entertaining or good in that, for me.

Entertaining. Good to win no matter how fortunate.

4th Division Crewe!

I'll let that sink in...

4th Division Crewe!

Nothing entertaining or good in that, for me.

I think most people there will have enjoyed it as a football match which ebbed and flowed between both sides. Some of us remember getting walloped 5-1 at Ewood with Workington when we were a top First Division side so a win is a win in Cup competitions. At the end of the day I enjoyed an evening of football and saw the Rovers through to the next round. It was far from perfect but we are in the hat for the next round which was the object of the exercise.

Absolutely!!

Very enjoyable evening in warm sunshine. The main points for me are that Lowe got subbed for Marshall who is so much stronger at right back, than poor, hapless Jason; and Danny Guthrie played for an hour and showed what we have been missing with a creative display in the middle. I really enjoyed his performance.

Glad I went, well worth the twelve quid.

Yes, they scored three. One worldy and two from very poor mistakes, one from Raya and one from Marshall.

Yes at times we looked like a non league team. Yes at times they cut through us like a hot knife through butter but we won in the end.

It all made for great entertainment filled with highs and lows, pain and pleasure, anger and joy.

Glad I went, well worth the twelve quid.

Yes, they scored three. One worldy and two from very poor mistakes, one from Raya and one from Marshall.

Yes at times we looked like a non league team. Yes at times they cut through us like a hot knife through butter but we won in the end.

It all made for great entertainment filled with highs and lows, pain and pleasure, anger and joy.

Good to know some people get enjoyment out of match days still. Should probably get used to being able to compete with the likes of Mansfield and Crewe.

Absolutely!!

Very enjoyable evening in warm sunshine. The main points for me are that Lowe got subbed for Marshall who is so much stronger at right back, than poor, hapless Jason; and Danny Guthrie played for an hour and showed what we have been missing with a creative display in the middle. I really enjoyed his performance.

As i said before, Guthrie is a good player, but another one who cant stay fit for more than a few games. You can see when he has the ball, he knows what to do with it.

For me this is what its about

If say we play Liverpool or Everton at home we could give them 25K tickets.

I Guess there are rules for max allocation for away fans?

I am glad we won.

Now hopefully for a big draw at home and a bumper visiting crowd.

If say we play Liverpool or Everton at home we could give them 25K tickets.

I like it. We can be the away fans. We will take 3000 like we did against Crewe

I drove through Lancashire last night so heard the first half on Radio Lancs and the rest on radio Stoke as I drove south.

Kevin Gallaghers robbing a living, he spent 5 minutes in the first half, after Crewe hit the post at 2-0 up and then missed another easy chance to possibly make it 4-0, talking about how Owen Coyle will be struggling to see the game properly from about 3ft above the play in the dugout area, like this was a bloody excuse for the tripe being served up on the pitch, astounding really.....and they pay him for such an insight?

Jumping now to radio Stoke, they couldn't say enough good things about Duffy believe it or not, strong, commanding with a real goal threat, probably right and good to hear him getting a good cheer when he scored from the fans at the game.

Radio Stoke thought Crewe should have gone through on chances, but if you don't take them you don't deserve to progress.

Glad the fans saw a few goals, well worth the admission price I'm sure.

#venkysout

Great we got through to next round,but still leaking goals,defo got stitched up with L/B Hendrie,obviously not good enough,Coyle knows that's why he played Henley before him,new L/B in before next week,reason for leaking all these goals is midfield,Akpan not good enough,Byrne good player but weak,play better with stronger and an extra midfielder around him,defo start with Guthrie on Sat,played well when he came on,Marshall should be at R/B with Guthrie,Evens (when fit)and Byrne in midfield,better still a new midfielder,strong creative type,hard to find when we've no money.

Archived