BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Surely No One Is Going To Go On Tuesday V Crewe.

The full back positions not sorted since Lucas Neill left. Even the Olssen twins were only above average to the rest of the wilting team.

Why can we see it yet the Management refuse to see it. Put the bloody youngsters in....they cannot do any worse. Convert Jason to a Centre Half or anything.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I drove through Lancashire last night so heard the first half on Radio Lancs and the rest on radio Stoke as I drove south.

Kevin Gallaghers robbing a living, he spent 5 minutes in the first half, after Crewe hit the post at 2-0 up and then missed another easy chance to possibly make it 4-0, talking about how Owen Coyle will be struggling to see the game properly from about 3ft above the play in the dugout area, like this was a bloody excuse for the tripe being served up on the pitch, astounding really.....and they pay him for such an insight?

Jumping now to radio Stoke, they couldn't say enough good things about Duffy believe it or not, strong, commanding with a real goal threat, probably right and good to hear him getting a good cheer when he scored from the fans at the game.

Radio Stoke thought Crewe should have gone through on chances, but if you don't take them you don't deserve to progress.

Glad the fans saw a few goals, well worth the admission price I'm sure.

#venkysout

At Kevin Gallachers age, he is bound to be useless. I mean he is what almost 50 now Gav? ;)

Glad I went, well worth the twelve quid.

Yes, they scored three. One worldy and two from very poor mistakes, one from Raya and one from Marshall.

Yes at times we looked like a non league team. Yes at times they cut through us like a hot knife through butter but we won in the end.

It all made for great entertainment filled with highs and lows, pain and pleasure, anger and joy.

Mistake for the third was by Hendrie, not Marshall.

The owners are probably seeing pound signs again with Wharton. Seems like an excellent prospect.

The team is a shambles with the exception of one or two players (Conway and Wharton). The fact we're struggling to beat a lge 2 team with a pretty much full strength line up shows how weak we are. Absolutely nowhere near good enough to have even an outside chance of staying up this season.

Thanks Parson.

Even a poor team can overcome their lack of quality by fitness, motivation and organisation?

Dyche does it every week!

Even when(if) we play well,we are likely to lose because of a poor set-up.

Better teams than Crewe will simply pick us off.

I've never understood this from football managers. As you say, if the team lacks quality and you're not able to go out and buy some, you would surely give yourself every opportunity to be competitive by maximising the things within your control, such as the things stated above, fitness, motivation and organisation?

And yet, managers like Coyle just carry on doing the same thing that fails over and over again. I don't get it.

great game for the neutral to watch last night - end to end with plenty of opportunities and Crewe hitting the crossbar. From a Rovers POV considering that at some stage this season that 11 could well be playing a league match, I'm worried.

• Raya made a great save at 2-1 (although it should of been buried) after his fumble allowed them to increase their lead.
  • The full-backs are were once again exposed as not good enough at this level.
  • Central midfield were over-run time after time - I said after pre-season that a midfield two with Byrne in just isn't strong enough and I've seen nothing to change my opinion on that.

these are the main problem areas for me and the lack of pressing from the midfield duo resulted in yet again a run going untracked with a shot from outside the box going - although credit that it was a brilliant strike when in position to do so.

An interesting point from last, my brother isn't a Rovers fan or seen us this season although is a football watcher and even he mentioned at half-time that the players looked a bit out of shape/unfit esp. Danny Graham.

Still through to the next round, although come up against a half decent team and they are either going to have to up their game A LOT.

EDIT - out of interest, was the Owen Coyle Jnr / fan spat in the top tier of the JW stand? Was in the lower but could see quite a few people looking and pointing up towards the end of the first half...or maybe Mike Cheston was wearing a claret n blue scarf :blink:

I drove through Lancashire last night so heard the first half on Radio Lancs and the rest on radio Stoke as I drove south.

Kevin Gallaghers robbing a living, he spent 5 minutes in the first half, after Crewe hit the post at 2-0 up and then missed another easy chance to possibly make it 4-0, talking about how Owen Coyle will be struggling to see the game properly from about 3ft above the play in the dugout area, like this was a bloody excuse for the tripe being served up on the pitch, astounding really.....and they pay him for such an insight?

Jumping now to radio Stoke, they couldn't say enough good things about Duffy believe it or not, strong, commanding with a real goal threat, probably right and good to hear him getting a good cheer when he scored from the fans at the game.

Radio Stoke thought Crewe should have gone through on chances, but if you don't take them you don't deserve to progress.

Glad the fans saw a few goals, well worth the admission price I'm sure.

#venkysout

He is so poor on the radio. He does seem to be a apologist for certain managers at Ewood. I do wonder who his agent is.

Last Friday on Radio Lancs he wouldn't blame anyone for Rovers poor results. All he waffled about was how he wanted a job at the Club.

Thanks to the posters who were there last night for posting honest appraisals of the match. The common theme (and it seems the be reoccurring) though is clear namely poor full backs, lack of closing down, too many errors etc. If we had a manager who knew how to limit these I would be confident of being able to be competitive enough to grind out a few results. Coyle and his staff just isn't good enough to do this if we are to stay in this league he simply has to be sacked.

He is so poor on the radio. He does seem to be a apologist for certain managers at Ewood. I do wonder who his agent is.

Last Friday on Radio Lancs he wouldn't blame anyone for Rovers poor results. All he waffled about was how he wanted a job at the Club.

Very good player, used to enjoy watching him, but he's now just another ex-player who sits on the fence protecting his ££££.

He's actually worse because he lives in the area.

But another side show.

#venkysout

• Backroom
  • The full-backs are were once again exposed as not good enough at this level.

Worrying, last night that level was League 2. The myth of Jason Lowe being a decent full back seems to be fading rapidly though.

We don't have any Championship standard full backs. Hendrie has to be one of the worst full backs I have ever seen. His error in the last minute for Crewe's 3rd goal was shocking. He could have done anything with the ball other than what he did and Crewe would have had a harder time scoring. At that stage in the game he should have put it over the Riverside roof rather than head it towards one of their players.

There's a difference between Jason Lowe's best position and what's best for Blackburn Rovers. Undoubtedly Jason Lowe's best position is right back, however that doesn't make him a good right back for us.

Marshall can 'do a job' at right back but that comes at the cost of playing Liam Feeney, which I'd rather we didn't do.

He's a poor manager, that's the story there.

You have known that for a good while. I have. So have many others.....which begs the question: how and why was he appointed to this job at this time, when he wasn't on the shortlist or interviewed?

Focus on the Rao's,yes,but don't let us forget Coyle is one of them..."David Vincent knows.."

We don't have any Championship standard full backs. Hendrie has to be one of the worst full backs I have ever seen. His error in the last minute for Crewe's 3rd goal was shocking. He could have done anything with the ball other than what he did and Crewe would have had a harder time scoring. At that stage in the game he should have put it over the Riverside roof rather than head it towards one of their players.

There's a difference between Jason Lowe's best position and what's best for Blackburn Rovers. Undoubtedly Jason Lowe's best position is right back, however that doesn't make him a good right back for us.

Marshall can 'do a job' at right back but that comes at the cost of playing Liam Feeney, which I'd rather we didn't do.

Conway and Mahoney/Bennett (hen he returns to fitness) on the wings rather than Feeney, with Marshall at RB I would suggest. But we know koyle won't drop captain fantastic, so let's not go there :)

You have known that for a good while. I have. So have many others.....which begs the question: how and why was he appointed to this job at this time, when he wasn't on the shortlist or interviewed?

Focus on the Rao's,yes,but don't let us forget Coyle is one of them..."David Vincent knows.."

The longer fans lay off Coyle and concentrate on Venkys the better. Granted it'll happen sooner or later as he's another bit of a dud brought in for reasons way beyond football. However people in the media are beginning to sit up and take notice and if all they hear is Rovers fans Keanesque abuse of Coyle after a few games it'll be spun right back onto us :(

Glad I went, well worth the twelve quid.

Yes, they scored three. One worldy and two from very poor mistakes, one from Raya and one from Marshall.

Yes at times we looked like a non league team. Yes at times they cut through us like a hot knife through butter but we won in the end.

It all made for great entertainment filled with highs and lows, pain and pleasure, anger and joy.

Their 3rd was from Hendrie not Marshall.

Archived