BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Surely No One Is Going To Go On Tuesday V Crewe.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Judging by the ticket availability on the club website I'd estimate around 1200-1300 tickets sold so far, which include chunks taken out of the Jack Walker (presumably staff/giveaway tickets for people who probably won't even turn up).

I think 3,000 is optimistic at this stage. Maybe 500 walk ons, and another 200 or so from Crewe, we'll struggle to get past 2,000 at this rate

It was October 1985 PB. We won 2-1 but lost 6-2 on aggregate. On checking up I note that we finished fourth from bottom that season with survival being assured on the last day of the season - our game was put back to the Monday night after a torrential downpour had waterlogged Ewood just before the game against Grimsby was due to begin on the Saturday. The results on the Saturday meant anything less than a win would mean relegation to the Third Division and I remember that someone with a sense of humour at the club played Elvis singing "It's now or never" as the players came out! Happy days! Heaven only knows what they'll be playing at the end of this season.

The first two words of your last line, made me think of this. The Smiths, heaven knows I'm miserable may be appropriate.

1974---did we play Altringham in an FA Cup-tie? It was definitely in the afternoon on a weekday because I was teaching in Blackburn at the time and half my classes went missing!

The replay was an afternoon kick off in Altrincham after a draw at Ewood. I seem to remember that they didn't have serviceable floodlighting (although I could be wrong on that). My abiding memory from that was the late Neil Wilkinson being sent off which was a rare occurrence then.

The replay was an afternoon kick off in Altrincham after a draw at Ewood. I seem to remember that they didn't have serviceable floodlighting (although I could be wrong on that). My abiding memory from that was the late Neil Wilkinson being sent off which was a rare occurrence then.

Ah, thanks for that.

Jokingly told my dad I'd got us some tickets.....should have seen his face!

The sad thing is, that up until a few years ago I hadn't missed a home League Cup match!

In fact, looking back, my last League Cup match watching Rovers was nearly 5 years ago!!!

26/10/2011 Rovers 4-3 Newcastle [A.E.T.] - Rochina, Yakubu pen, Pedersen, Givet.

As for tonight. obviously I hope we win, really can't see anything but the team that played Saturday, maybe welcome Duffy back for Wharton/Greer.

Would be nice to see some more time given to the youngsters (as it looks like we're going to need them!!) Mahoney, Nyambe, Tomlinson and Doyle.

Would also like to see David Raya given another chance.

1974---did we play Altringham in an FA Cup-tie? It was definitely in the afternoon on a weekday because I was teaching in Blackburn at the time and half my classes went missing!

I was there.We were quite awful, but Napier and Field showed class to win it for us in the 2nd half. Interestingly, we saw ex Rover Johnny Price in the crowd. I think he lived in the area.

Well I'm going tonight. Simply because I'm not going to be shamed into staying away by someone starting a thread saying "Surely nobody is going". Well I am, and I don't think that anybody should be shamed into staying away by such an evocative post. Don't go if you don't want to but don't try to stop others from having an evening out.

Well I'm going tonight. Simply because I'm not going to be shamed into staying away by someone starting a thread saying "Surely nobody is going". Well I am, and I don't think that anybody should be shamed into staying away by such an evocative post. Don't go if you don't want to but don't try to stop others from having an evening out.

Al we get it. Some fans have stopped going. Some have continued going. No need to keep repeating yourself constantly.

There isn't one proper Rovers fan out there who would criticise you for watching your team. Most of the recent people stating they are boycotting have still seen teams under Kean, Black, Berg, Bowyer etc and have only recently decided that enough is enough. Like me.

You may never reach your tipping point. fair enough. Ignore any planks criticising you and stop trying to justify watching the team.

My stance, having fully supported the protests at the outset, is that at this time without unity of thought, that irritating myself each week watching blokes earning thousands of pounds without giving 100% effort, all wrapped up in a self-serving blanket of protected interests, whilst closing my business to attend matches, missing my family, neglecting my personal interests, contributing financially to a cluster @#/? of crap, simply isn't happening anymore.

Enjoy the game Al. Fingers crossed we win for all the supporters travelling down.

I get it too and I don't need people repeating themselves telling fans not to go. I'm not having a pop at you OOJW, your post is polite and not insulting, but I would prefer that nobody tells me what to post. I have views too. If you don't want to go don't but don't criticise those who do.

we will probably get a result tonight which will give OC more time to wreck the squad. Sadly I won't be going to Rovers again now till the Venkys sell up or even talk to the fans about their ambitions with Rovers. Only way Venkys are going to take note now are us Rovers fans not attending the games. We have tried many ways for Venkys to act but we don't seem to get anywhere.

By the way I am not having a go at people attending the games this is just my view what Rovers fans need to do now to get rid of the Venkys and stop the club going to rot.

I highly doubt anyone would ever feel 'shamed' into not going to a football match because of a thread title on an Internet messageboard. That really is quite ludicrous.

Al. The opening poster states that he is still attending Ewood this year but then 'surely none is going to go on Tuesday". Probably because every game he had seen has been that dire that he can't understand why people would want to pay extra to see tonights game. The fact he is still attending despite other people boycotting, and he clearly states this, means I don't see any hint of him trying to 'shame' people into staying away.

Reading through the thread I can't see any evidence of anyone saying "If anyone attends this game they are a *!$** . Chill.

No one can shame you into doing anything you don't want, Al. This is a safe space.

Archived