BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

The Sky cameras will be inside the ground though - with commentators pointing out the empty seating and how it used to be 6 years ago. Let's face it, the outside world isn't bothered by our plight - I've tried explaining to people what we're going through and they just shrug their shoulders. If you want publicity for what's going on at Ewood someone will have to man the barricades not sing outside the ground about a long deceased Sugar Daddy.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've also already had fans and chickens on the pitch. Didn't create support for our plight either, so by the stance you've made one could say what's the point?

If anything is going to work - it's the India trip. The best ideas for me are those that everyone will get behind, and if we are talking pitch invasions, you're already counting likely 99% of the fanbase out.

Recreating the comaraderie despite the owners, un-dividing the fans! These things can be achieved by selecting the correct way to protest.

I agree with you on needing a stomach to stand up, but you need a brain to channel it properly. Another mentioned clubbing together to protest the FA - that would be a logical thing to do, especially since we play teams like forest this season. Full anti FA stadium! Banners et al, joint singing!

That would have a stir in this country I think.

What make you think they'll get an audience with madame ? Other people have been and failed.

Protesting to the FA about what ? They'll say they can't do anything about bad owners. Football's full of them.

Some headlines in Pune is something that's not happened yet so I am positive that it's at least worth a try. It's got a hell of a lot more chance of reaching them than a pitch invasion at Ewood.

The FA should stop this from happening, it's here to safeguard English football and its failed in many ways.

I'm under the impression it's a public organisation? Tax payers money goes to the "proper" person test?

If it's just us, it's a few thousand. 10 clubs who've been failed by the FA - Charlton, Coventry, Portsmouth - are there ten we could choose? Between that, we could be talking a lot more people behind a cause to get the FA to stop this happening.

We've also already had fans and chickens on the pitch. Didn't create support for our plight either, so by the stance you've made one could say what's the point?

If anything is going to work - it's the India trip. The best ideas for me are those that everyone will get behind, and if we are talking pitch invasions, you're already counting likely 99% of the fanbase out.

Recreating the comaraderie despite the owners, un-dividing the fans! These things can be achieved by selecting the correct way to protest.

I agree with you on needing a stomach to stand up, but you need a brain to channel it properly. Another mentioned clubbing together to protest the FA - that would be a logical thing to do, especially since we play teams like forest this season. Full anti FA stadium! Banners et al, joint singing!

That would have a stir in this country I think.

Some may disagree but that chicken brought more media attention to the farce at Rovers than anything else.

Jim's right. A nothing sort of protest indeed, discussed and agreed by folk who cannot see the wood for the trees. Frightened of their own shadows and as much concerned with club associations plus standing and reputations as fan figureheads.

Much more effort than the token 'not enough people care' should be made to contact / connect / engage / unite our disinfranchised fan base. It's not just the missing 15k. There are probably 70k local folk with a former or still current interest or support of the club even if they don't attend matches. A peaceful protest march through Blackburn with 50k people would make world-wide news. Combine it with fund-raising and help the homeless or poorly kids.

The fan groups have tried. Bravo. They never claimed to be experts in any area but battled on regardless. Full credit. Hopefully they don't therefore mind me saying thinking has often been flawed, divisive and mainly unproductive, organised by folk without the expertise or experience to mount an effective campaign. Six years on and no-one has made much progress. I said years ago any protest needs to start in a digital age with a digital strategy. Cheap, easy, effective, hard to monitor, modern, inclusive and accessible. Hanging about the concourse feeding the refreshment booths for eighteen more minutes won't help in my view.

The Sky cameras will be inside the ground though - with commentators pointing out the empty seating and how it used to be 6 years ago. Let's face it, the outside world isn't bothered by our plight - I've tried explaining to people what we're going through and they just shrug their shoulders. If you want publicity for what's going on at Ewood someone will have to man the barricades not sing outside the ground about a long deceased Sugar Daddy.

Sad but true !

I think it depends of which club they support. Fans of Charlton, Blackpool, Coventry, Leeds, Forest all have crackpot owners who have brought nothing but misery and frustration to fans since they took over.

A big protest would be a full stadium giving it full Venkys Out for 90 minutes. Just for that one game.

For anyone who has been recently the stadium is already dead on match days. The elderly and families will still turn up for a day out making sure it's never a fully empty stadium anyway.

A big protest would be a full stadium giving it full Venkys Out for 90 minutes. Just for that one game.

For anyone who has been recently the stadium is already dead on match days. The elderly and families will still turn up for a day out making sure it's never a fully empty stadium anyway.

You're right. It would seem essential that there is a concerted campaign to get stayaways back 'for one night only.'

No use waiting outside Stuart. If the club smell trouble the gates would be closed immediately. T&Cs in tickets and STs reserve the right to refuse admission.

The club will already be on high alert for this match.

They only have to read this site. Gather a list of names etc. Have the Police arrest folk, prior to the match.

Folk need to be very careful what they write on this site.

wouldnt it be worthwhile for our combined group, to meet up with the Charlton, Blackpool, Pompey etc groups, and then have a mass protest outside the FA offices or somewhere? Combined would generate some serious numbers in terms of protesters, and that would make the FA really uncomfortable

Lol That would be a protest they couldn't stop.

Chanting directed at venkys only - not at Coyle / players (yet).

Fans showing up in force - chanting Venkys out - throughout the game.

There is nothing the powers could do to stop it.

No one can get arrested / stadium bans etc for that.

For a televised match - it would be the best way of getting the point over.

They couldn't say fans are not turning up because of bad results / job cuts in local area - list is endless of ' false reasons' for an empty stadium.

But a full stadium of fans chanting, Venkys out - makes the message perfectly clear.

What make you think they'll get an audience with madame ? Other people have been and failed.

Protesting to the FA about what ? They'll say they can't do anything about bad owners. Football's full of them.

If rumours are to be believed then John Williams, Sam Allardyce, Paul Hunt, Paul Lambert and Owen Coyle never managed to get an audience with 'madame'. Gary Bowyer had some meetings with her but was ultimately frozen out. I bet Mike Cheston couldn't even speak to her by telephone. These are people she employs/employed who any rational businesswoman in the 21st century would be keen to speak to and meet on a regular basis to ensure the operation was running successfully, yet she thinks she is above such trivialities.

I therefore doubt that she is going to lower herself to talk to a group of fans.

That isn't to say it isn't worth a try, and irrespective of this I think the India trip is a good idea. I think the first port of call should be Venky towers, with all efforts concentrated on attempting to achieve a meeting with either Madame or her husband (the 4th pillar of this regime that seems to get overlooked). Get a meeting with Madame and her husband the organ grinders rather than the monkeys.

Then when these attempts prove futile efforts should then turn to causing them negative publicity and bad press in India. Make them realise that their arrogance and ignorance has consequences and that this isn't going to go away.

There is little or no chance of getting a meeting with Mrs Desai. Lots of have tried and she is just not interested, even people based in India have tried but as soon as the word Blackburn Rovers is mentioned the shutters come down.

One person managed to get a meeting with her on the pretense of something else, as soon as he started to talk about Rovers security was called and he was removed in a very over the top manner.

What we need to focus on is getting them bad PR in India. I know for a fact they hate that and just the one article in the times of India last week annoyed and angered them immensely their image of being very successful business people in India is VERY important to them.

This is the way forward. Constantly hit them with Bad PR in India that might eventually force them to sanction the sale of the club.

There is little or no chance of getting a meeting with Mrs Desai. Lots of have tried and she is just not interested, even people based in India have tried but as soon as the word Blackburn Rovers is mentioned the shutters come down.

One person managed to get a meeting with her on the pretense of something else, as soon as he started to talk about Rovers security was called and he was removed in a very over the top manner.

What we need to focus on is getting them bad PR in India. I know for a fact they hate that and just the one article in the times of India last week annoyed and angered them immensely their image of being very successful business people in India is VERY important to them.

This is the way forward. Constantly hit them with Bad PR in India that might eventually force them to sanction the sale of the club.

Their image of being very successful business people in India is probably what is keeping them at the club. Having to admit failure by selling up and walking away doesn't fit the image they want to portray back home of being wonderful, successful people.

Changing their ways and installing a conventional management structure at the club would also require them to accept their way has failed and to backtrack on the path they've wandered down for almost 6 years.

That is how publicised trip to Pune could work, get the Pune Times, Pune Mirror etc lined up to cover the visit and if we get blanked they are on hand to ask questions as to why the Rao's won't talk to their customers.

That is how publicised trip to Pune could work, get the Pune Times, Pune Mirror etc lined up to cover the visit and if we get blanked they are on hand to ask questions as to why the Rao's won't talk to their customers.

This is the right approach 100%. We have to call them out, invite them as the protest thread, invite them to meetings in Pune etc. Bad PR all over is what is required.

Would you say that now is the time to submit a letter to the Times of India, Kamy? It was an idea discussed a long time back but didn't get done because it was said it wouldn't get published. I'd say they are quite alert to the problems right now.

Yeah that is a good idea.

We also might have something in the Pune Mirror as after the Times of India article they have finally taken notice!

We have to view this is a boxing match, we have to keep jabbing away at them in their own backyard and once we land enough jabs we can then go for the knockout blow.

• Backroom

Have you considered that it might be better to congregate on the concourses, if fans are outside the ground the gates could just be locked.

I'm of the viewpoint that the concourses will be too full for all of those people. If I had a young son/daughter I don't think I'd like them to experience being stood in a rammed concourse for 18 minutes with the potential of idiots throwing beer everywhere. It would end up ruining it and half of the people going into the stands.

That is my opinion of course.

Archived