BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

Are people planning on remaining in there normal seat for this and having walk outs all over the ground?

Or is there to be a generic area.

Also has anyone tried switching seats? as i fully expect the club to try and block transfers, particularly if large numbers start moving to the same block

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about the TV interview room at the Darwen end of the JW stand?

A showing of a "Venkys Out" poster (or similar) at the window whilst pundits are giving their views would be beamed to the TV viewers; a bit like the gnomes in "The Full Monty" when Gerald, the foreman, was being interviewed for a new job..

Whoever does it would have to make sure it was during half time and not during the long adverts.

• 2 weeks later...

I was talking to two Rovers ST holders at work today. Both said they were going to watch the Wolves match on TV because they heard there might be some protests going on!! What's the point they said - won't make any difference.

One even offered me his ticket even though he knows I'm boycotting.

I was totally gutted and spent half an hour trying to persuade them that we need to do something and informed them of the wealth of information available that shows what Venkys have been up to for 6 years.

I think I managed to get one of them thinking a little bit.

It just made me realise how important it is that we do protest - even if it is just a few of us and we get stick for it. The Club needs us and we will make progress eventually.

Venkys out

I was talking to two Rovers ST holders at work today. Both said they were going to watch the Wolves match on TV because they heard there might be some protests going on!! What's the point they said - won't make any difference.

One even offered me his ticket even though he knows I'm boycotting.

I was totally gutted and spent half an hour trying to persuade them that we need to do something and informed them of the wealth of information available that shows what Venkys have been up to for 6 years.

I think I managed to get one of them thinking a little bit.

It just made me realise how important it is that we do protest - even if it is just a few of us and we get stick for it. The Club needs us and we will make progress eventually.

Venkys out

The question is why are fans so against protests with all the evidence out there and also whats in front of them with the obvious decline in the last 5 years. I honestly don't get it.

A concerted effort should be made to pack the Darwen End and BBE and make them the home to the protests. This will alleviate the dumbfounded concerns that children may be harmed in the protests ( :blink: ) and help to get the protests noticed with swathes of supporters leaving as opposed to pockets of fans here and there.

I also hope those boycotting come back for a game to do this.

If protesting doesn't make a difference then what does?

Obviously grumbling on here doesn't help either. Protesting is at least viable and visible as well as cathartic.

Which brings me to a question. Has anyone read Blue Eyed Boy recently?

That individual has some serious issues. A week cannot go by without him sticking the knife into any dissent towards the alarming downward spiral this club has been on since 2010. It's as if he want to be the martyrdom poster boy for all shortsighted Rovers fans.

It's as if he thinks that having people sat in their seats (most likely sat on their hands if not asleep) from 0-18 and 75-90 is somehow going to eradicate the past, cure the present and propel us towards some halcyon future where the club has competent team management as well as a competent executive management structure armed with a remit to run the club without reference to Pune for everything from tea bags to number of breaths per second per employee.

Anyway. Onwards and downwards. Pip Pip

To answer your question 1,748 people have read Blue Eyed Boy on the Word Press site since Wednesday. Yours is the first negative comment I've seen

Cmb - in the 70s there was a bloke worked at the Evening Telegraph as a printer called Gordon who used to come into the news room bearing news that everyone had already heard "Derby have signed Charlie George etc" as, unbeknown to him, the reporters had access to the PA news feed before he did

So the stock, mildly mocking phrase if anyone ever said anything that was common knowledge beforehand, became "You what,Gordon?" The phrase was handed down long after he retired through such like as Pete White & Alf Thornton

I think you've just earned yourself a massive "You what, Gordon?" there

Are you usually the last to finish a treasure hunt too?

"meadows"... You are an intelligent bloke with plenty about you.

You can bring alot to this MB by posting and discussing on here. Different opinions and volume are what make an interesting board.

Cut and pasting from brfcs and then trying to ridicule on twitter does you a disservice imo. That is what people take offence at, including myself. Personally I am happy to see you post openly on here whatever your opinion.

I don't agree with you on many things but I do agree that I don't see the 1875 protest working because it's too late for it to make an impact. Had there still been a relatively full Ewood even a few hundred leaving from the same stand would have been noticeable. At this stage with Ewood looking like a ghost town on most pics I've seen, I don't think the visual impact will be very high unless you can take a few thousand with you. It's not up to me because I won't be there anyway, but I have felt this one was doomed from the start.

To answer your question 1,748 people have read Blue Eyed Boy on the Word Press site since Wednesday. Yours is the first negative comment I've seen

Cmb - in the 70s there was a bloke worked at the Evening Telegraph as a printer called Gordon who used to come into the news room bearing news that everyone had already heard "Derby have signed Charlie George etc" as, unbeknown to him, the reporters had access to the PA news feed before he did

So the stock, mildly mocking phrase if anyone ever said anything that was common knowledge beforehand, became "You what,Gordon?" The phrase was handed down long after he retired through such like as Pete White & Alf Thornton

I think you've just earned yourself a massive "You what, Gordon?" there

Are you usually the last to finish a treasure hunt too?

Maybe you should arrange a treasure hunt for all the holier-than-thou supporters that love to shout down anyone attempting to make a difference? Hide clues and eggs all round Ewood. Winners get a bucket of Venky's chicken, a side of chips on their shoulder and a gravy boat served by Bob Coar.

Note to superfans: you must get up from sitting on your hands to have a chance of winning.

I will ask again, why wont those who have completely walked away, to just return for this one game to visually make an impact in this 18-75 protest?

Sent from my Zenith using Tapatalk

If everyone completely walked away there wouldn't be a need for protests.

I will ask again, why wont those who have completely walked away, to just return for this one game to visually make an impact in this 18-75 protest?

Sent from my Zenith using Tapatalk

Hey Iceman. Me, my brother and his GF are certainly attending. All of us walked away and stick to away days now. but hopefully people will think like us and return for this. The main worry is that any protest attempts will result in dissenting voices and we all know what these fans are like. There were assaults on people who protested Kean and Venky's the first time round and it will likely happen again soon enough.

What has this got to do with the mural?

Sod off on to the protest thread if you're not discussing the mural, or better still start your own thread if its attention you're seeking?

Mods can you tidy this nonsense up? It's doing a disservice to the hard work that's been put in.

It would certainly provide the 18-75 people with something to occupy the lost 33 minutes

I'm sure those attending who want to watch the match are happy enough without any diversions

See, you can do your bit, after all!

The last bit is the real concern to me, meadows. Those who attend now are certainly happy enough with Venky's and our current predicament, so much so that a little protesting is too much for them. Doesn't that say an awful lot?

P.s. Sorry Gav.

What has this got to do with the mural?

Sod off on to the protest thread if you're not discussing the mural, or better still start your own thread if its attention you're seeking?

Mods can you tidy this nonsense up? It's doing a disservice to the hard work that's been put in.

I've requested it in the ask admin section and Ste B thinks it isn't breaking any rules, so unfortunately it looks like all this off topic crap is here to stay

It would certainly provide the 18-75 people with something to occupy the lost 33 minutes

I'm sure those attending who want to watch the match are happy enough without any diversions

I'm sure we can fill that time talking about the people who use social media and blogs to perennially hound and deride those trying to bring around change whilst claiming to be the victims of abusive comments.

Why do you need to generalise all "18-75" people in your reply. Where people (understandably) say protestors criticising those who attend are dividing the fan base further, those who attend and carry the above attitude are as bad.

Whilst I'm probably in the middle of various wide-range of viewpoints (still attend but will support 18-75) , your constant generalisation of those supporting it in a derogatory tone winds people like me up as well as your intended targets (and I do think your comments have aims and targets).

Personally I hope we stay up and I intend to attend every home game. However I'd be delighted if somehow we got this Wolves game called off or substantially disrupted - even if the only thing it achieved was to pee you off.

I'm sure we can fill that time talking about the people who use social media and blogs to perennially hound and deride those trying to bring around change whilst claiming to be the victims of abusive comments.

Why do you need to generalise all "18-75" people in your reply. Where people (understandably) say protestors criticising those who attend are dividing the fan base further, those who attend and carry the above attitude are as bad.

Whilst I'm probably in the middle of various wide-range of viewpoints (still attend but will support 18-75) , your constant generalisation of those supporting it in a derogatory tone winds people like me up as well as your intended targets (and I do think your comments have aims and targets).

Personally I hope we stay up and I intend to attend every home game. However I'd be delighted if somehow we got this Wolves game called off or substantially disrupted - even if the only thing it achieved was to pee you off.

. You hope we keep up and in the next breath want the Wolves game called off,and consequently a points deduction,are you wired up right,we are desperate for points but all you want is to just pee someone off who you don't agree with on here,last thing we want is game being called off.....

. You hope we keep up and in the next breath want the Wolves game called off,and consequently a points deduction,are you wired up right,we are desperate for points but all you want is to just pee someone off who you don't agree with on here,last thing we want is game being called off.....

If relegation removed Venkys then I would take it. Yes. Will it? Probably not.

I never said I wanted the game called off to pee him off. If you don't know now why people want it disrupting then you never will.

However we can release as many documents as we want showing far more indication of illegal activities than TheTelegraph had in their recent scoops but it barely makes a ripple at all. The FA and the authorities know but don't cast any attention towards us. The media know but are either choosing, or having to, ignore us.

If getting the game disrupted or abandoned caused people to ask questions and turned attention to Ewood then I'd gladly take the risk of a deduction.

I'd rather try something to stop the constant decline over the last 6 years rather than being clever and smug retweeting protesters tweets and lumping them all in one category.

It's a complicated situation that isn't black and white.

However It is to you and Abbey, sat on either extreme lumping anyone of a different viewpoint into one bracket.

Edit - I see you posted that straight away on twitter, rewording my last sentence in your tweet to suit your agenda whilst ignoring my subsequent post.

It's almost as though your trying to rally the troops against next Saturday as much as people are trying to rally troops for it!

Archived