BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm of the viewpoint that the concourses will be too full for all of those people. If I had a young son/daughter I don't think I'd like them to experience being stood in a rammed concourse for 18 minutes with the potential of idiots throwing beer everywhere. It would end up ruining it and half of the people going into the stands.

That is my opinion of course.

They WILL lock the doors and we WILL be locked outside. This idea that we will get enough people in the ground to form a crush is wrong. The concourses are big enough to hold the fans.

Fans need to enter and stand downstairs. I think our fans are well behaved to not riot underneath the stadium - we aren't Leeds or Milwall and, contrary to the belief of some, carry ourselves with respect wherever we go (except Burnley). On the whole that is.

Should be noted that for those in the Riverside with no concourse to enter an idea could be to stand with your backs to the game on the walkway. You'd be visible to the cameras when the ball was near your touchline and would be a profound message. Perhaps this could be included in the mission statement for the match day - which should be produced by the organisation planning this protest.

Yeah that is a good idea.

We also might have something in the Pune Mirror as after the Times of India article they have finally taken notice!

We have to view this is a boxing match, we have to keep jabbing away at them in their own backyard and once we land enough jabs we can then go for the knockout blow.

Hit them where they live, as the saying goes.

Could we not get something like this and plaster it with "venky's out" and drive it round their offices?

Sprinteradvans006.jpg

Or sneak onto Pune crickjet pitch the night before game against england and spray paint "VENKY'S OUT" all over the strip?

NO NO NO - England cricket is my only joy these days. Plus the perps would be well and truely banged up and Goodnight Vienna.

Edit: Ok there is the other thing but its not as good as cricket :blush:

Lol That would be a protest they couldn't stop.

Chanting directed at venkys only - not at Coyle / players (yet).

Fans showing up in force - chanting Venkys out - throughout the game.

There is nothing the powers could do to stop it.

No one can get arrested / stadium bans etc for that.

For a televised match - it would be the best way of getting the point over.

They couldn't say fans are not turning up because of bad results / job cuts in local area - list is endless of ' false reasons' for an empty stadium.

But a full stadium of fans chanting, Venkys out - makes the message perfectly clear.

Which part of not giving them tossers another penny do you not get ? I won't step foot inside Ewood until they go ,

Just bought 5 whistles on ebay uk for 5.50.

The factories of Hong Kong will be running at full tilt now!

I will be there. But the abuse from blind Riversiders is dividing families.

What do you mean about abuse from blind Riversiders dividing familys? I sit on the riverside and have not come across any abuse aimed at anti-Venkys protesters. For the game itself if possible I will be trying to get my seat changed to the Blackburn end or Jack Walker Stand.

Could we not get something like this and plaster it with "venky's out" and drive it round their offices?

Sprinteradvans006.jpg

Or sneak onto Pune crickjet pitch the night before game against england and spray paint "VENKY'S OUT" all over the strip?

The former would be fine.

Vandalising the cricket pitch would not be, would inconvenience thousands of people who have nothing to do with Venky's, and would (pardon the phrase), paint Blackburn Rovers fans in a very poor light.

What do you mean about abuse from blind Riversiders dividing familys? I sit on the riverside and have not come across any abuse aimed at anti-Venkys protesters. For the game itself if possible I will be trying to get my seat changed to the Blackburn end or Jack Walker Stand.

Great shout that Hank's. Getting folk to buy for the Jack Walker will serve them right for moving the cameras. Let's take over the posh seats and have a chat with Burnley Bob.

How about getting 500 "Venky's Out" t-shirts made up and handing them out to every beggar you see in Pune?

You'd have Venky's Out on every street corner.

Or pay them £20 to get it tattooed on their forehead.

:lol:

The former would be fine.

Vandalising the cricket pitch would not be, would inconvenience thousands of people who have nothing to do with Venky's, and would (pardon the phrase), paint Blackburn Rovers fans in a very poor light.

Would it affect the cricket? bat ball lots of standing about, they could do that on another part of the grass, a few divots here and there might make it a bit more exciting.

I'm of the viewpoint that the concourses will be too full for all of those people. If I had a young son/daughter I don't think I'd like them to experience being stood in a rammed concourse for 18 minutes with the potential of idiots throwing beer everywhere. It would end up ruining it and half of the people going into the stands.

That is my opinion of course.

You are worrying too much and without being awful, I wouldn't estimate thousands of extra fans to be there. Regardless, the stadiums are designed to cope. Logistically, if hundreds or even thousands got behind this, you would only get a trickle effect into the ground after 18mins because of the turnstiles.

Also, if (god forbid) I was a Venky or employee in charge of stadium security, it would be the easiest decision in the world to refuse entry.

Don't make a spectacular own goal 👍

Would it affect the cricket? bat ball lots of standing about, they could do that on another part of the grass, a few divots here and there might make it a bit more exciting.

I can tell you that I get a great deal more enjoyment from a day at the cricket than I do watching Rovers these days.

Would be a boring World if we all liked exactly the same things.

I can tell you that I get a great deal more enjoyment from a day at the cricket than I do watching Rovers these days.

Would be a boring World if we all liked exactly the same things.

I know you do , I get your tweets :)

Just glad the Indians aren't playing over here anytime soon or I might be expected to go to that Wacca thing with a banner

Yes, get everyone in the ground to start with rather than risk the turnstiles being shut at say just after 3pm. It would be nice to get a full Blackburn End lower tier (5k) but realistically that won't happen and folk gathering in the concourses first should be no problem at all.

If its advertised right I think many will come back, I know its not the goal here to get fans back, but i see no harm in getting people through the gates who feel they have nothing to lose just for one game, if you get my drift.

But it needs advertising right.

If its advertised right I think many will come back, I know its not the goal here to get fans back, but i see no harm in getting people through the gates who feel they have nothing to lose just for one game, if you get my drift.

But it needs advertising right.

not me...not a penny more and no way will i step foot in ewood until they go......

Yeah that is a good idea.

We also might have something in the Pune Mirror as after the Times of India article they have finally taken notice!

We have to view this is a boxing match, we have to keep jabbing away at them in their own backyard and once we land enough jabs we can then go for the knockout blow.

Volume punching wears everyone down eventually. Keep the faith everyone.

not me...not a penny more and no way will i step foot in ewood until they go......

I'm more interested in protesting than boycotting pal, but no right or wrong in this situation, everyone should do what they think it right for them.

Archived