BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

I'm not convinced these ideas will work, but even if they did and we had a great visible protest I doubt Venkys are even going to be aware of it, they don't watch anymore it seems. Targeting them in India is definitely the way forward in my opinion.

I can't see everyone getting into the 1875 thing especially the older supporters who need to sit down and those with kids and even if they did, our attendances are so low it possibly won't look planned. The whistles are a good way to disrupt the game (could even get it called off if it's unmanageable) but I can see it only being a few people and if it drags the game out with added time it will get a few backs up, families with kids, people going to work after, match situation if we need a goal etc.

"Outside interference
The referee stops, suspends or abandons the match for any infringements of the Laws or because of outside interference e.g. if:
- a spectator blows a whistle which interferes with play - play is stopped and restarted with a dropped ball"
Might be a few of those then.
Must add I'm not against any protest ideas, I just don't think they'll have any effect on Venkys. Better than doing nowt I suppose.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

The protests against the owners won't do anything themselves to influence Venkys. The protests are mainly about raising awareness of our situation with fellow football fans here.

There may even be fellow Rovers who know virtually nil about the situation, who will go away after the game and google 'What on Earth that was all about'. The greater public awareness will help us imo, especially with Venkys coming from a culture where pride is paramount. This MAY turn out to be an easier group to rid ourselves of than the likes of Oyston at Blackpool.

That's the way I view it, anyway. I'm of the view that if you don't wish to protest, that's up to you. BUT if you are able to protest (and there are a range of options inside and outside the ground being floated about) have the means to, and you genuinely want Venkys out, then it is your duty to do SOMETHING.

Those who are nervy about 'supporting the team', or simply want to watch the game, you could join in just one of the 18in75out segments, but watch the game in the concourse? Or watch the whole game as you normally would, but blow a whistle just once. Do something to help your club, I implore you.

The protests against the owners won't do anything themselves to influence Venkys. The protests are mainly about raising awareness of our situation with fellow football fans here.

There may even be fellow Rovers who know virtually nil about the situation, who will go away after the game and google 'What on Earth that was all about'. The greater public awareness will help us imo, especially with Venkys coming from a culture where pride is paramount. This MAY turn out to be an easier group to rid ourselves of than the likes of Oyston at Blackpool.

That's the way I view it, anyway. I'm of the view that if you don't wish to protest, that's up to you. BUT if you are able to protest (and there are a range of options inside and outside the ground being floated about) have the means to, and you genuinely want Venkys out, then it is your duty to do SOMETHING.

Those who are nervy about 'supporting the team', or simply want to watch the game, you could join in just one of the 18in75out segments, but watch the game in the concourse? Or watch the whole game as you normally would, but blow a whistle just once. Do something to help your club, I implore you.

First paragraph is key. The more interest and awareness of our rotten situation could then lead to something influencing the Venky vankers to sell.

Snowball effect.

For the sake of missing 30 minutes of ONE match, I see the 1875 protest as a no lose situation. For anyone.

It always surprises me how many Rovers fans pay little or no attention to the plight of the club. They just keep on turning up through some kind of skewed loyalty.

That's why protests didn't work 5 or 6 years ago, and why protests won't work now - at least to the full effect that we would like. However well publicised a protest is, you'll still have 10 or 20 percent who ignore anything that's going on and walk in to the ground as though we were still a well-run club with aspirations of a top ten PL finish.

Strange mentality but that's football fans for you.

It always surprises me how many Rovers fans pay little or no attention to the plight of the club. They just keep on turning up through some kind of skewed loyalty.

That's why protests didn't work 5 or 6 years ago, and why protests won't work now - at least to the full effect that we would like. However well publicised a protest is, you'll still have 10 or 20 percent who ignore anything that's going on and walk in to the ground as though we were still a well-run club with aspirations of a top ten PL finish.

Strange mentality but that's football fans for you.

The bigger problem Jimmy are those 'supporters' that know all the facts yet still choose to say or do nothing by way of protest so they can't sully their self appointed superfan status.

The bigger problem Jimmy are those 'supporters' that know all the facts yet still choose to say or do nothing by way of protest so they can't sully their self appointed superfan status.

Perhaps so - I'm certainly not a superfan by that definition because I haven't set foot inside Ewood for about 10 months or more. I respect fans that are still doing everything in their power to get Rovers back, because it's really far too easy to just carry on in your everyday life - maybe that's because I live further away and it's not in everyday conversation, but I've found myself very disconnected from the club.

I'm of the view if you don't protest in or outside then please do NOT come on here and say you want them out because you vacate that right after 75 minutes and as for protest peaceful and respectful protest bull ....

We tried that!

Should have had a turd in it

like I said they forfeit the right to ever say publically venkysout

The protests will work Jimmy, you've got to keep the faith and think positively.

This time around there is a lot more going on and more people seem to be willing to actually do something. In isolation, the 18/75 protest won't remove Venky's but it will be one of a number of initiatives that will keep chipping away in an attempt to bring awareness of our plight to the media which, in turn, will put pressure on the owners.

I quite agree with your sentiments about the 10 or 20 per cent who ignore anything that's going on. I think you're being kind with your figures though. I would think the figure is closer to 80 or 90 per cent but if we could get it down to 50 per cent, that would be a success. The leaflet distribution and/or fans programme at the forthcoming home games should help to 'educate' our supporters not yet in the know.

I'm thinking "thanks for sweet FA" with FA being in red and bigger but I'm not sure it's a good idea!

It might sound ridiculous to some but it's the F word, I'm not sure the implications of that if I ended up in the paper with job etc - it's probably less risk to have something without the word. Only thing I can think of! Didn't make much of the suggestions ;)

I'm thinking "thanks for sweet FA" with FA being in red and bigger but I'm not sure it's a good idea!

It might sound ridiculous to some but it's the F word, I'm not sure the implications of that if I ended up in the paper with job etc - it's probably less risk to have something without the word. Only thing I can think of! Didn't make much of the suggestions ;)

I had a thought to make a similar one to my Made In Blackburn Destroyed In India saying:

WE NEEDED YOUR HELP AND YOU DID SWEET FA

i don't live in blackburn anymore and had earmarked this game to come for the first time this season with my young kids

i won't be protesting as they'll be with me and i seriously hope we're not going to get a shed load of abuse of people for entering the ground 5 minutes before kick off

i don't live in blackburn anymore and had earmarked this game to come for the first time this season with my young kids

i won't be protesting as they'll be with me and i seriously hope we're not going to get a shed load of abuse of people for entering the ground 5 minutes before kick off

Not from me and why should you.

I will be voicing my opinions but the targeting is our owners and the media via Sky TV.

Someone has to find a way of stopping the game or it being abandonend , without this the whole protest will be fruitless....

Legally or illegally it matters not !

Totally agree

Fortunately there should be 250 referee whistles, beachballs, thousands of paper planes, hopefully a loose chicken, Abbey driving a tow truck pulling a broken down taxi...and a streaker.

I doubt anyone would say anything to a bloke with kids, great to see the next generation of fans being nurtured.

We could do with red cards saying venkys.

Fans stood at the front in full tv view blowing whistles holding up the red cards.

Game stopped. Camera close up of fans with venky red cards.

Fans stood at the front in full tv view blowing whistles holding up the red cards.

This is important. When the protesters enter the ground. all should stand at the front of the stand. The TV cameras will pick up the panicking security staff if not the fans.

• 3 weeks later...

Just throw eggs on the pitch at the 18th and 75th minute or sell tshirts saying "Blackburn Lives Matter"

I'm not serious by the way. Thought I'd say that in case someone actually does it 😂😂

Tim can you bring Andrew Evans up with you? We could throw him on the pitch. 😂

Pitch invasion, throwing eggs or getting the game stopped? Moronic if you ask me, its most definitely NOT the way.

Anyone thinking along these lines are not wanted. Only credible methods of protest worthwhile. We have enough idiots following us at the moment, no need for any more !

In18 Out75 does I for me

Archived