BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

In reply to Iceman, Because I'd have to pay to do something I no longer want to do, attend Rovers games. I will not attend matches means I will not attend matches. No compromise on that. I've compromised on it before. I said no more then went back when Lambert was appointed. I won't be sucked back in again. Fair play to anyone who does decide to do that but for me enough is finally enough. I can't go back on that even for something I feel has certain merits

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I've spent 20 minutes hiding and moving posts as a result of the thread going off topic, general bickering etc.

Apologies to anyone who feels their post should not have been moved or hidden - it's the collateral damage. Please discuss the mural in here and the 18/75 thing in the appropriate and please stop the bickering.

I won't be moving any more off topic posts in the mural thread - simply hiding them.

It's almost as though your trying to rally the troops against next Saturday as much as people are trying to rally troops for it!

Been reading this thread the last two days and there is something worrying going on in the background,judging by comments there appears an element set on confrontation here with the protesters.Is this being stirred up from within the walls of Ewood I wonder?..

How on earth can this come to pass after ALL the wrongdoing Venkys and their employed Charlatan cohorts have done to this club?

They simply CANNOT be defended by any Rovers fan of sane Mind and Body,just doesn't feel or sound right does it?

Been reading this thread the last two days and there is something worrying going on in the background,judging by comments there appears an element set on confrontation here with the protesters.Is this being stirred up from within the walls of Ewood I wonder?..

How on earth can this come to pass after ALL the wrongdoing Venkys and their employed Charlatan cohorts have done to this club?

They simply CANNOT be defended by any Rovers fan of sane Mind and Body,just doesn't feel or sound right does it?

Nail on head, so let's not allow them to win.

Exactly what iv'e suspected for a while as some of it goes way beyond 'i don't agree' or 'it's pointless'.

So I've spent 20 minutes hiding and moving posts as a result of the thread going off topic, general bickering etc.

Apologies to anyone who feels their post should not have been moved or hidden - it's the collateral damage. Please discuss the mural in here and the 18/75 thing in the appropriate and please stop the bickering.

I won't be moving any more off topic posts in the mural thread - simply hiding them.

Im pretty sure discussing the mural in here is the wrong thread Paul?

Sent from my Zenith using Tapatalk

Im pretty sure discussing the mural in here is the wrong thread Paul?

Sent from my Zenith using Tapatalk

That's the probl;em with cut and paste when one is in a hurry. Everyone knows what is what!

The vast majority are scared of their own shadow SG.

When it comes to the crunch, if it comes to the crunch, its every man for themselves, you're either protesting or your not, the chance for conformation won't even come into it if enough protesters step forward, look at the Wigan relegation game to see how spontaneous protest evolves, and quickly if the desire is there.

The vast majority are scared of their own shadow SG.

When it comes to the crunch, if it comes to the crunch, its every man for themselves, you're either protesting or your not, the chance for conformation won't even come into it if enough protesters step forward, look at the Wigan relegation game to see how spontaneous protest evolves, and quickly if the desire is there.

Agreed. I think we need something to ignite it, that's all.

I am quite confident that the 1875 thing will not be the only visible, audible protest!

In reply to Iceman, Because I'd have to pay to do something I no longer want to do, attend Rovers games. I will not attend matches means I will not attend matches. No compromise on that. I've compromised on it before. I said no more then went back when Lambert was appointed. I won't be sucked back in again. Fair play to anyone who does decide to do that but for me enough is finally enough. I can't go back on that even for something I feel has certain merits

Can you protest outside gumboots?

• Backroom

Genuinely unsure what form my protest will take.

I fully support some form of protest for this but just can't see the family stand participating and can envisage tension and confrontations in some areas of the ground based on the conversations from non protesters last week

there are going to be problems on sat,kick off time is the main one.fans are going to be in the pub for hours before hand.drink will play a major part,the police will be out in force,over zealous stwearding sp .you going to demonstrate stay sober,you will be antagonised but its for the greater cause.its took 5 yrs for most people to boycott so cut some slack to those who choose to attend.i have said on another thread the club can curb the impact by making those on the concourse move,those outside waiting to enter by shutting the turnstiles,i think the 18mins will be a disaster but 75 mins could really work if we are winning,but i can see that working against the demo,2-1 up with 15 to play who will leave?birdy?

It's nice to see that the Fat Controller of Twitter has finally decided to grow a pair and respond to criticism on the correct platform, as opposed to cowardly conducting himself away from it with snide remarks.

Busy rallying everyone against this, oddly. it's almost as if that time he said that people have a right to express their opinion, whatever that opinion is, without fear of derision and abuse (in our case he meant that protestors were attacking those not protesting) is only true if that opinion is what the holier-than-thou cat prince of Accy holds. Should you differ in opinion from the self righteous then you are just feeble minded, idiotic, cerebrally challenged or whatever other nasty label he decides to lay on you during his morning round of bitchiness.

Fool. Although I have no doubt that this, like a million other posts lately, will be removed at the request of the hypocrite in the name of libel, vitriol or that his "children are horrified" by what has been said. Any excuse to get the moral high ground before plummeting to new depths to appease his 10 or so regular clappers.

I was in the supermarket yesterday in Lancaster and bumped into a fellow Rovers, ST holder like myself, we had a brief chat about Saturday's game and he said he's probably see me on the walk to the ground next Saturday. I said I'd be getting there earlier than normal to take part in the protest, he looked at me like I had 2 heads and said "oh, so you're one of them then eh, I thought you had more sense". I was pretty taken back to be honest, this is an intelligent fella by all accounts, former headmaster at a local high school. The more I look at attitudes on social media the more they seem to reflect his view. Its terrifying, people outside of this MB seem to genuinely be buying into Coyle's garbage about improving and going in the right direction. We're getting relegated there are no bones about it.

I disagree with fans who are saying people shouldn't protest as Saturday is a big game. The days of what happens on the pitch being important have long gone, the key issue remains we'll be in decline until Venkys leave. Utter twaddle to say no protest should take place on Saturday.

Equally, any protest will have zero effect and influence on the owners, regardless of whether there's a few hundred or a few thousand protesting. Venkys simply don't care what the fans think I'm afraid. That's why I think many won't protest at the weekend, it's pointless. The real energy has to be put into getting out to Pune.

I was in the supermarket yesterday in Lancaster and bumped into a fellow Rovers, ST holder like myself, we had a brief chat about Saturday's game and he said he's probably see me on the walk to the ground next Saturday. I said I'd be getting there earlier than normal to take part in the protest, he looked at me like I had 2 heads and said "oh, so you're one of them then eh, I thought you had more sense". I was pretty taken back to be honest, this is an intelligent fella by all accounts, former headmaster at a local high school. The more I look at attitudes on social media the more they seem to reflect his view. Its terrifying, people outside of this MB seem to genuinely be buying into Coyle's garbage about improving and going in the right direction. We're getting relegated there are no bones about it.

I think there is probably a misunderstanding about people who won't be protesting. Simply put: it will have zero effect on the owners.

Old fashioned ways of protesting worked when local owners were in charge of football clubs but have zero effect on foreign owners. Protests need to be smarter nowadays.

Can you protest outside gumboots?

if there were an actual protest organised I might, although I think I have a long standing arrangement to pick some kids up from Blackpool. I'd need to check dates. But I'd need to be sure there was definitely something going on and I wouldn't end up standing there with a handful of people. I have done that before.

I have encountered this mindset several times recently and it leaves me frustrated ad to be perfectly honest angry. What is it with these people who purport to want the best for the club but are happy to stand by and do absolutely nothing as the club faces another relegation and another step on the road to oblivion. If I am honest I don't think any of the upcoming protests will really scratch the surface but I am certain that anybody who participates will feel a lot better and that at least they are doing something to try and force a change which is desperately needed. I have said before that I believe an all out boycott would be the one thing that would get the Indians thinking but I realise that this is nigh on impossible and I understand the reasons why some fans won't/can't.

I totally disagree and find the 'I'm alright jack, it wont have any effect' attitude baffling, its also symptomatic of the malaise around Blackburn Rovers at the moment. A football club is nothing without fans, people need to remember that.

I agree the fans can make a difference and an effect. But I'm afraid if anyone thinks a protest march around Ewood will have any effect on Venkys then I think they'll be sadly disappointed. Getting out to Pune and making life uncomfortable in their own back yard is where fans can have a real effect.

I agree the fans can make a difference and an effect. But I'm afraid if anyone thinks a protest march around Ewood will have any effect on Venkys then I think they'll be sadly disappointed. Getting out to Pune and making life uncomfortable in their own back yard is where fans can have a real effect.

Again, I totally disagree. Going to Pune will make no difference at all, that is Venky's powerbase and many businesses/people have a vested interest in appeasing them so why oh why would they come to the aid of a group of middle aged men from East Lancashire talking about a football club they neither know no care about?

I have encountered this mindset several times recently and it leaves me frustrated ad to be perfectly honest angry. What is it with these people who purport to want the best for the club but are happy to stand by and do absolutely nothing as the club faces another relegation and another step on the road to oblivion. If I am honest I don't think any of the upcoming protests will really scratch the surface but I am certain that anybody who participates will feel a lot better and that at least they are doing something to try and force a change which is desperately needed. I have said before that I believe an all out boycott would be the one thing that would get the Indians thinking but I realise that this is nigh on impossible and I understand the reasons why some fans won't/can't.

I feel exactly the same, I don't believe Saturday will make a difference but I am willing to try because that's all I can do.

Again, I totally disagree. Going to Pune will make no difference at all, that is Venky's powerbase and many businesses/people have a vested interest in appeasing them so why oh why would they come to the aid of a group of middle aged men from East Lancashire talking about a football club they neither know no care about?

You put pressure on the owners representative, Sasha P, to arrange a meeting with the club's owners. If they won't come here to meet the fans then the fans will go to Pune to see them. That should be where the real energy and efforts should be placed at the moment, not a protest march around ewood.

The owners are cowards who hide behind their employees. Get in front of them and they are weak. Steve Kean and Gary Bowyer knew that.

I can't understand this whole 'I'm not protesting because it's not going to make an impact' argument. The idea is to raise public awareness, hence using the game vs wolves to take advantage of the sky platform. Most of the people that have used this argument refuse to accept that, merely stating most will be watching BT instead. The press won't be, they'll be watching us too and it is them reporting that we want.

No protest will lead to Venkys removal short of a takeover of the facilities. That's not going to happen. The idea that one won't protest because it won't make an immediate effect is as silly as the argument that 'we've been through worse so don't worry'. A silly and ignorant viewpoint.

I don't expect the 1875 protest to be the tipping point for Venkys. But if one newspaper reports it and more people are aware of what we think of Venkys then it will have achieved its success.

Obviously those that refuse to do it, for whatever reason, will cite that Venkys still own us as a way to prove they're somehow weirdly 'in the right' and we should have listened to them all along. Completely missing the point, of course.

You put pressure on the owners representative, Sasha P, to arrange a meeting with the club's owners. If they won't come here to meet the fans then the fans will go to Pune to see them. That should be where the real energy and efforts should be placed at the moment, not a protest march around ewood.

The owners are cowards who hide behind their employees. Get in front of them and they are weak. Steve Kean and Gary Bowyer knew that.

Sasha P won't even take the time to meet with Rovers fan in England, why the hell would he facilitate a meeting between fans and the owners in their own back yard.

I can't understand this whole 'I'm not protesting because it's not going to make an impact' argument. The idea is to raise public awareness, hence using the game vs wolves to take advantage of the sky platform. Most of the people that have used this argument refuse to accept that, merely stating most will be watching BT instead. The press won't be, they'll be watching us too and it is them reporting that we want.

No protest will lead to Venkys removal short of a takeover of the facilities. That's not going to happen. The idea that one won't protest because it won't make an immediate effect is as silly as the argument that 'we've been through worse so don't worry'. A silly and ignorant viewpoint.

I don't expect the 1875 protest to be the tipping point for Venkys. But if one newspaper reports it and more people are aware of what we think of Venkys then it will have achieved its success.

Obviously those that refuse to do it, for whatever reason, will cite that Venkys still own us as a way to prove they're somehow weirdly 'in the right' and we should have listened to them all along. Completely missing the point, of course.

I'm a bit lost by that. You say you don't expect it to be a tipping point for Venkys but will be happy if it makes more people aware of how bad Venkys are. Is the aim to get rid of Venkys or to get public sympathy for our plight?

I live in Sussex and everybody knows how bad Venkys are down here. In fact, everyone in English football knows how bad they are, just as they know how bad the owners of Blackpool, Charlton, Forest etc are.

The aim has to be finding a route to get access to Venkys, not raising public awareness. You don't do that by arranging a protest around ewood. You do it by putting your efforts into a) badgering the club until a meeting with Sasha is organised, and then B) you badger Sasha until he organises a meeting with the owners.

The owners publically say how important the fans are to them. You use that as ammunition to then campaign for a meeting with them. Mis-guided energy and efforts at the moment. Not sure what the WAR group have in mind.

Archived