BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

Booked my trains from Cardiff for this. Think I'll buy a ticket to the game, even though I said I wouldn't, to help offer a more visible element to the protest. Fully expecting angry responses from some of the naysayers, and just hope these people don't get violent with law-abiding protesters.

Going to the protest will help me sleep at night knowing I played a very tiny part in trying to help this cause.

When I see diehard fans like Birdy joining in, who would be reluctant to miss even a second of the football, I know it's the right thing to do.

And for people worrying about numbers - I'd join in even if it was me and a couple of others. More than happy to rub shoulders and join in with people doing what's right, regardless of how many people that turns out to be.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like a wolves win on Saturday with a new manager set to come in for them. Not good news for the protest as well with the aim probably going to be switched to Wolves now on sky and not us.

We need to protest in numbers and make ourselves heard if we are going to be noticed.

Well done Sambo for Saturday.

Getting up early on Friday morning and 3 planes later I will be at Manchester*.

My mate holds my season-ticket,he is on holiday and so I have to buy another ticket*.

Oh and sleeping in middle of road in cardboard box.

The efforts we take to join in the 18/75 Protest.

* all correct at going to press

Sky cameras still face The Riverside end right?

Might be an idea to pack and leave from that side too. Then it will be more difficult for Sky to try and 'hide' any visible protest.

Allardyce for the Wolves job, that really would be the death knell in terms of us escaping relegation.

Is he back from his £1mil holiday yet?

so who is actually hoping that we fall a few goals behind? as bad as that is, im pretty sure it might be a good thing. If that doesnt get people to join in and leave, then i dont know anymore. Then its time everybody just packs it in for good.

Reports that Wolves have sacked Walter Zenga. New manager syndrome for them....

teams above us with better records, are sacking their managers. While we on the other hand continue to look stupid with Coyle in charge, The mind boggles

Allardyce for the Wolves job, that really would be the death knell in terms of us escaping relegation.

Would be perfect last job for Sam - he grew up in Dudley.

Wolves will get a fillip on Saturday from the coach's departure no doubt - always happens.

Well done Sambo for Saturday.

Getting up early on Friday morning and 3 planes later I will be at Manchester*.

My mate holds my season-ticket,he is on holiday and so I have to buy another ticket*.

Oh and sleeping in middle of road in cardboard box.

The efforts we take to join in the 18/75 Protest.

* all correct at going to press

Go to ticket office and say you've left it at home and they'll provide you a replacement :) Can even move to a different seat if you want to be more "visible" for the protest.

Looking forward to Saturday and I echo sambo's feelings. Can't help but feel us protestors will get slated either way. If Rovers lose, it will be the fault of the protests, if we win, it will be in spite of the protests.

Go to ticket office and say you've left it at home and they'll provide you a replacement :) Can even move to a different seat if you want to be more "visible" for the protest.

Looking forward to Saturday and I echo sambo's feelings. Can't help but feel us protestors will get slated either way. If Rovers lose, it will be the fault of the protests, if we win, it will be in spite of the protests.

Exactly. Good to see some Rovers super fans giving it big licks on Twitter too. Seen shouting down of fans, threats of violence etc. Can't let the knuckle draggers deter fans from peaceful protest.

Sky cameras still face The Riverside end right?

Might be an idea to pack and leave from that side too. Then it will be more difficult for Sky to try and 'hide' any visible protest.

Is he back from his £1mil holiday yet?

Cameras face the JW stand these days.

Exactly. Good to see some Rovers super fans giving it big licks on Twitter too. Seen shouting down of fans, threats of violence etc. Can't let the knuckle draggers deter fans from peaceful protest.

B....b....but I've seen Rovers play on over a million grounds in a trillion different leagues. I've seen us lose 18-0 to Tranmere in 1753, before there was even an Ewood Park. I watched us play in a pre-season friendly when only 4 fans and a pigeon turned up. I bet you haven't. I bet you are young and because you are young I bet you are stupid and naive. Everyone should listen to me!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somehow I can't see Allardyce fitting the mould for Wolves. They've got money, but their new owners seem to have more money than sense, and have made a series of baffling decisions since they arrived. The appointment of Zenga in itself was strange to say the least.

They seem to be favouring the foreign head coach style mould with Jorge Mendes and other foreigners pulling a lot of strings behind the scenes and bringing in their players from Portugal. Allardyce wouldn't put up with any of that so can't see him getting the job.

Having said that they'll get it right eventually because they'll need to get to the Premier League to achieve their off the field ambitions and will spend as much and wait as long as it takes to get there rather than giving up like our mob have. Like any rational group of businessmen they'll have the resources to fund the club for any eventuality and have a plan for if they go up and a plan if they don't. They'll probably make their way through a succession of foreign managers until they hit a winning formula and then get promoted.

There is talk that Sky might want to use the JW on Sat.

What you mean they wasted money on moving it and now it's not suitable for Sky lol who'd have ever thought ! Inpet muppets.

At least it should offer a better view of the empty stands ;)

Wouldn't be surprised if the Club have told Sky that the Riverside gantry needs some tweaking and that the JW is available.

I posted on twitter so i thought you guys should know if you don't already. During the protest all bars will be closed and TV screens will be shut down, i have this on very good authority.

Archived