BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I started a thread regarding this but best posted here..

The internet and social media have unfortunately given everyone a voice, everyone deserves one of course...

I've read a few paragraphs from this gonads blog, in which he calls people bafoons and such... It's easy to sit behind a computer thinking your words are the words of the almighty, casting doubts and verbal stones at what isn't a small group of fans. A lot of people are @#/? off and for good reason, people want to take action for good reason, people want to bring the disgusting treatment of Venky ownership of Blackburn Rovers into the media spotlight... For good reason. Thanks to Venkys totally inept ownership of Blackburn Rovers there aren't many opportunities these days to to demonstrate on live TV, this is an opportunity.

Everyone is going to have differing opinions of the situation at Rovers but what this cretin doesn't seem to grasp is that for many fans the idea of moving forwards under Venky ownership is an impossibility whilst they remain at the club. What I mean by this is that results have become so dwarfed by the bigger picture of wanting them out that many protestors care very little about the result of 90 minutes of football. Those choosing to protest don't feel like as if Blackburn Rovers is their club anymore and for SOME of those fans what league we currently play in doesn't matter anymore either. I was passed over the old Ewood turnstiles as a kid and sat on my dad's shoulders, climbed the front railings when we scored, I have watched us win the premier league, the league cup, be relegated, be promoted, play in Europe... As a Rovers fan I have been spoon-fed success and tasted disappointment but through all this IT WAS MY CLUB before, during and after the Jack Walker years. Blackburn Rovers is still my club but the big difference is that it doesn't feel like it anymore. It's almost impossible to want to be associated with those owning and running BRFC, these are not my people, these people don't deserve my support or any other Rovers fan who claims to be a fan of Blackburn Rovers, what they do deserve is shame, anger and retaliation to what they've done to our club, to one of the founding members of the football league... To Premier League Champions, to the most successful town club in the world. Despite all of the that it personally wouldn't make one jot of difference to me what league we play in, I have said on many occasion that I personally would pay double for a season ticket (even if I couldn't go) in any of the lower leagues if we have fan representation on the board and Venkys out... I'm sure there are many out there who feel the same.

To those fans making a stand on Saturday, well done, have no doubt that you're doing the right thing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, here's why... Those protesting at the weekend need only look at the damning facts to support their argument. Venkys have already relegated us, landed us in 100's of millions of debt, sold around 40 million of assets in the past 18 months, alienated 2 of the best managers we've had in the past decade, employed the worst manager we've ever had, alienated what was the best chairman in football, employed an ex Burnley manager with a proven track record of recent failure, have ties with some of the most disgusting people in football and have people working at the club (Cheston, Coar ) who're so vile that most Rovers fans wouldn't urinate on them if they were on fire. Taking action hasn't been done on a whim, it's years of neglect and mistreatment, mismanagement, failure and lies... Venkys collected the wood, built the fire and lit it... All the fans are doing is making sure they're on top of the bonfire, where they deserve to be.

Like Blueyed Boy i'll be away for this Saturday but I hope that in future (if there are future protests) he will have the bottle to say in person what he has to say behind a keyboard. It's not easy to protest and put yourself out there, it takes a lot, it takes a lot to be pushed to that course of action. You need only type "Kean Out' to view hundreds of photo's of myself, I protested alone in front of thousands and the whole media in front of the Riverside, I exchanged words with fans, looked them in the eye, told them what I thought of the situation and what I thought of them when confronted with hostility. Many others have done the same and I'm not claiming to be the only one but what we have all done, we have done it in the flesh... Not behind a keyboard.

Words on the internet have very little meaning when there are no actions to back them, much like Venkys and the endless lies they have spouted over the past 6 years. Those who protest on Saturday should be proud of themselves for standing up for what they believe in, most importantly you're a credit to yourselves... I wish there were more of you. This club will be ours again but under Venky ownership there's a slight possibility BRFC might not even exist. Remember that on Saturday.

Venkys Out.

The season for clowns and up one pops.

Too much time on his hands, that he has to scrutinize everything other people say, why can't he be more mature and constructive?

So basically he thinks we are relegation fodder, he's losing faith in the manager and knows the owners have made a mess of things, and whilst we have sat supporting the boys it has got worse and worse, so his idea his....to just carry on doing that whilst it gets worse and worse.

Bravo, Bravo!

I started a thread regarding this but best posted here..

The internet and social media have unfortunately given everyone a voice, everyone deserves one of course...

I've read a few paragraphs from this gonads blog, in which he calls people bafoons and such... It's easy to sit behind a computer thinking your words are the words of the almighty, casting doubts and verbal stones at what isn't a small group of fans. A lot of people are @#/? off and for good reason, people want to take action for good reason, people want to bring the disgusting treatment of Venky ownership of Blackburn Rovers into the media spotlight... For good reason. Thanks to Venkys totally inept ownership of Blackburn Rovers there aren't many opportunities these days to to demonstrate on live TV, this is an opportunity.

Everyone is going to have differing opinions of the situation at Rovers but what this cretin doesn't seem to grasp is that for many fans the idea of moving forwards under Venky ownership is an impossibility whilst they remain at the club. What I mean by this is that results have become so dwarfed by the bigger picture of wanting them out that many protestors care very little about the result of 90 minutes of football. Those choosing to protest don't feel like as if Blackburn Rovers is their club anymore and for SOME of those fans what league we currently play in doesn't matter anymore either. I was passed over the old Ewood turnstiles as a kid and sat on my dad's shoulders, climbed the front railings when we scored, I have watched us win the premier league, the league cup, be relegated, be promoted, play in Europe... As a Rovers fan I have been spoon-fed success and tasted disappointment but through all this IT WAS MY CLUB before, during and after the Jack Walker years. Blackburn Rovers is still my club but the big difference is that it doesn't feel like it anymore. It's almost impossible to want to be associated with those owning and running BRFC, these are not my people, these people don't deserve my support or any other Rovers fan who claims to be a fan of Blackburn Rovers, what they do deserve is shame, anger and retaliation to what they've done to our club, to one of the founding members of the football league... To Premier League Champions, to the most successful town club in the world. Despite all of the that it personally wouldn't make one jot of difference to me what league we play in, I have said on many occasion that I personally would pay double for a season ticket (even if I couldn't go) in any of the lower leagues if we have fan representation on the board and Venkys out... I'm sure there are many out there who feel the same.

To those fans making a stand on Saturday, well done, have no doubt that you're doing the right thing and don't let anyone tell you otherwise, here's why... Those protesting at the weekend need only look at the damning facts to support their argument. Venkys have already relegated us, landed us in 100's of millions of debt, sold around 40 million of assets in the past 18 months, alienated 2 of the best managers we've had in the past decade, employed the worst manager we've ever had, alienated what was the best chairman in football, employed an ex Burnley manager with a proven track record of recent failure, have ties with some of the most disgusting people in football and have people working at the club (Cheston, Coar ) who're so vile that most Rovers fans wouldn't urinate on them if they were on fire. Taking action hasn't been done on a whim, it's years of neglect and mistreatment, mismanagement, failure and lies... Venkys collected the wood, built the fire and lit it... All the fans are doing is making sure they're on top of the bonfire, where they deserve to be.

Like Blueyed Boy i'll be away for this Saturday but I hope that in future (if there are future protests) he will have the bottle to say in person what he has to say behind a keyboard. It's not easy to protest and put yourself out there, it takes a lot, it takes a lot to be pushed to that course of action. You need only type "Kean Out' to view hundreds of photo's of myself, I protested alone in front of thousands and the whole media in front of the Riverside, I exchanged words with fans, looked them in the eye, told them what I thought of the situation and what I thought of them when confronted with hostility. Many others have done the same and I'm not claiming to be the only one but what we have all done, we have done it in the flesh... Not behind a keyboard.

Words on the internet have very little meaning when there are no actions to back them, much like Venkys and the endless lies they have spouted over the past 6 years. Those who protest on Saturday should be proud of themselves for standing up for what they believe in, most importantly you're a credit to yourselves... I wish there were more of you. This club will be ours again but under Venky ownership there's a slight possibility BRFC might not even exist. Remember that on Saturday.

Venkys Out.

Blueyed boy is just a self important man, who takes pleasure in mocking people trying to get those fools out of our club. Never replies to genuine questions such as, what alternative can he put forward to get us out of this mess, other than just sit there and watch as our great club becomes unrecognizable to the one the Venkys bought. Because it will take only a few more year of their shameful ownership before blueyed boy, parson and all the others, won't have a club to go to.

It would be much better if a group or groups such as Seneca took control, owners that care about the Rovers and if they fail to turn it around, then at least it would be with people that cared, unlike this shower at present, who are just leaving us to fade away.

As the saying goes, Bad things happen when good men do nothing.

Hi as you guys have kindly turned the thread into a Blue Eyed Boy blog appraisal it would be remiss of me not to point out to readers who don't know where to find it

Blueyedboy.wordpress.com is your spot

Thanks in advance to any new or returning readers!

There was a comma where there should be a full stop in your URL there meadows, just in case anyone was copying and pasting it into their browser (I've amended it in my quoted version of your post)

It's all a marketing ploy. The man has picked an extreme side of an argument that has engrossed a huge proportion of his possible readers. Then his self importance and ego has actually made the man believe the nonsense he spouts for that readership.

We have to remember he's a columnist. No better than those brain dead morons that wrote for The Sun. He writes in a rag, has had next to no national attention for his dross ramblings and indeed has 0 reputation other than the handful of Upper JW fans and a few twitterarti (ironically one has a display picture of Thomas the Tank Engine and Jim looks scarily like the Fat Controller - just a giggle for you there) and ultimately his views aren't worth the cost it takes the Accy Rag to print.

He has openly admitted he doesn't consider the future of the club for future generations (gift wrapped with his obvious compassion for the youth of today....until he's quickly back at it insulting the youth of our fan base....AGAIN) but what he DOES care about is his reputation, that much is clear in the amount of time and attention is put into chastising the group of people that have spoke against him. Utterly self important arrogant and foolish.

He is as qualified in an opinion on this club as each and every single one of us. It is his ego that has made him believe his is superior. I know dozens of people not protesting and none of them are as scorned as him. He's weird in that respect. But evidently he's trying to whip up a frenzy to boost following and readership. Remember that.

What a putrid man.

I couldn't care less what anyone else thinks, posters of late seem obsessed with what's written on social media?

Even I'm commenting now, just roll up, protest, do what the hell you want and stop worrying about what people write on social media.

It's irrelent.

Oh, I know that word even if I'm slightly puzzled by it's usage there

Very classy to pick up on someone's personal appearance to hurl a jibe there, DreamsOf, I'm sure your peers must have guffawed at that

If the moderators are happy with that, so be it, along with calling someone "a putrid little man" it gives more insight into your state of mind and personality than it does I describing me. I'm quite little at 5ft 8, I'll grant you, but "putrid"?

What kind of shape must you be bent out of to even use vocabulary like that?

No less classy than the vile nonsense you've spouted in the past months. "Cerebrally challenged" etc etc etc. Although a man as arrogant as you often can't see past his own self. Hence the constant abuse you pour out to others and your hasty retreat to the moral high ground when given back: evidently you don't consider what you say to other offensive or you'd stop being such a cry baby when it's fired back. By the way it was no jibe at your weight, you just do look like the fat controller in more than that way.

But you ARE putrid. I use that word because it is what you are. You actively profit from the demise of Rovers - even to the point you said the campaign couldn't afford 'your fees' on advice in a separate topic (Hahaha). You profit on documenting our downfall, probably part of the reason you've took such a divisive stand point. The truth is when we were successful no one was bothered by you : people came on here to read blokes like Parson, who did his reviews for free, for the love of the club, and Blue Eyed Boy was, well, nowhere. Nobody so far as I know has profited from this whole thing, except you. You profit in your divisiveness and wouldn't even offer expertise without a fee, all the whole chastising those that have put hours upon hours of man power for nothing other than a love for the club. Those are the acts of a putrid man.

That theory might not sound as daft Dreams were it not for the fact that I quite honestly genuinely supply the BEB column to the Accy Ob (much reduced in word count from the Internet version) free of charge and have done since around 2009.I don't really need what little bit they paid since retiring and often the work involved in invoicing,sending reminders etc was hardly worth the time spent on it

But yet the fact you refused to offer advice without fee still stands. And you still hound those that do it for free, for the love of the club, on a weekly basis without you offering anything other than derision and abuse.

But enough. It seems our editor, Ste B, is far greater than the Accy Rag in that he doesn't allow for personal insults. As opposed to your man publishing abuse at a proportion of our fans on a weekly basis.

I actually gave J*B some advice and joked that if he wanted more, I'd charge him the lecture fee I used to charge for teaching students Journalism Law.if you are capable of taking a throwaway remark like that seriously you need to lighten up

Another of the subjects I covered teaching journalism was Local Government, following today's planning debacle I could perhaps do a buy one get one free deal for a double session

The putrid side shows through again. Weird to see a man take actual joy in a fan backed effort falling through.

The putrid side shows through again. Weird to see a man take actual joy in a fan backed effort falling through.

How do you know he's a man?

Whilst I was teaching recently it was widely accepted that the vast majority of internet posters, bloggers and blAggers are telling lies and living through an alter ego.

Meadows is probably a woman from Rochdale with an affinity for cakes and leggings.

You just never know.

#venkysout

Hi as you guys have kindly turned the thread into a Blue Eyed Boy blog appraisal it would be remiss of me not to point out to readers who don't know where to find it

Blueyedboy.wordpress.com is your spot or @jimwilkz Twitter feed. Lots of music, cricket, dogs & cats on the Twitter too!

Blueyedboy.wordpress.com is your spot or @jimwilkz Twitter feed. Lots of music, cricket, dogs & cats on the Twitter too!

Don't flatter yourself son

One thing that strikes me about non-protesters is that they never seem to know anybody who is protesting. Never encountered one of us crazy, mythical protesters.

The BEB blog rightly criticises our team, manager and owners from what I've ever read. However, the thought of missing half an hour of a game to protest is seen as absolute madness, likewise any sort of action which opposes Venkys eg a mural. Protesting will apparently help contribute to a debilitating relegation - news to me, I thought it was the fault of Venkys and every wrong decision they've made!

Also read some debate about whether fans staying away are boycotting or not. Some might not be doing it as a conscious boycott granted, but the responsibility for those fans not attending lies with Venkys and their devaluing of the 'product'. I personally consider myself a boycotter - I had a ST for 18 years despite moving to Cardiff, and whilst I couldn't attend many home games I was happy to show support that way. However, forcing Lambert out, a lack of investment and their ability to speak to Seneca pushed me over the edge. It was a conscious 'enough is enough'. I'd be back under proper owners regardless of what level we find ourselves at.

We are now a divided club, and fans seem to be arguing non stop. However, the only threats of violence have come from non protesters.

I'll be doing what I deem to be right Saturday, and I think everyone else should do the same. How they can sit on their hands, accept it and celebrate the potential halting of a Jack Walker mural is beyond me, and is something I will never understand.

Its a opinion piece. Seems as soon as amything is said which doesnt fit with the hive mind on here everybody goes mad.

Its got to the point its stopping anybody else actually talking about the admittedly poor football.

Its a opinion piece. Seems as soon as amything is said which doesnt fit with the hive mind on here everybody goes mad.

Its got to the point its stopping anybody else actually talking about the admittedly poor football.

Can't see many posts going mad? Can see some posts where people refute and dissect some of the points, but surely that's to be expected with a public blog on an emotive subject?

The blog headline says "Relegation would ruin Rovers revival prospects."

The problem being many of us "small minded" "miserabilist" "forum fools" can see no prospect of a revival whilst we are run by owners who allow their top U.K. employee to interview Neil Warnock, and then allow someone else to employ a failure of a manager behind said employee's back. That's just one of a catalogue of catastrophic decisions made to continue our decline, coupled with the club now seemingly happy to sell rather than retain playing assets.

I'd suggest the bigger, blinkered fool is the one who thinks sitting quietly and doing nothing is going to bring about our "revival".

Archived