BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

I posted on twitter so i thought you guys should know if you don't already. During the protest all bars will be closed and TV screens will be shut down, i have this on very good authority.

They really were at the back of the line when it came to morals.

Feel more and more angered by them by the day now. Even though that won't stop me from protesting the sheer fact they've sat and discussed that as an option, to almost force the hand of some, speaks wonders for their sense of ethics. They don't give two hoots about what we think or feel - they (the board) are here for one reason and one reason only. £££££ not the club. Anyone who still thinks differently is an idiot.

Cheston is another name to be added to the long list of slimeballs to fill their pockets at the expense of Blackburn Rovers FC. Smug prick.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A blatant attempt to keep the numbers taking part down, a bit daft you because you can just double up on your pints and pies before the match :P

Anyone else think they'll try and clear the concourses ? That'll be fun and also a severe provocation for trouble ......... by the club. Hope the Police take note.

I don't think they'll be daft enough to try and clear the concourses. Then again it will play right into their hands when it is inevitably met with resistance.

"Don't worry Madam, the peasants just had too much beer on a late kick off. All is good just typical English behaviour."

Police line:- "We constantly warn the FA about these 5.30 kick offs and the surrounding pubs should be more aware of how much a customer has consumed"

I posted on twitter so i thought you guys should know if you don't already. During the protest all bars will be closed and TV screens will be shut down, i have this on very good authority.

You don't need them if you are on the pitch.

Wolves are unlikely to appoint allardyce. Far too sensible appointment. Have a feeling there owners will be added to the dreadful owners list in the near future.

Still no improvement in the fit and proper owners farce as every Tom, Dick & Harry from all corners are still snapping up English clubs for very mysterious reasons. Villas guy will turn out the same i reckon, flash the cash and your in it's as simple as that.

I can see Villa, Wolves and West Brom all reunited bobbling about skint in the middle of this league again in a season or two.

Just remember these on Saturday:

Jerome They are not fans -

1% of fans according to SK -

Steve Kean Quotes:

Steve said: “We are not going to be able to invent 10 games where we can go on an unbeaten run because there are not enough games left.”

Gordon says: Steve is certainly on top of things.??

Steve on Ryan Nelsen: “He's in a bad way. I've just been to see him. He's in traction. We need experienced players in the team and I can't wait to get him back, but I doubt he'll be let out before the end of the season."

Gordon says: Four days later Nelsen made his debut for Spurs.??

Steve on Junior Hoilett, December 2010: “He's desperate to sign, we're making progress”.

Gordon says: Needless to say, Hoilett will walk away for nothing in the coming weeks.??

Steve said: “We feel that Myles Anderson is a player with great potential as a late developer. He could become something of a Chris Smalling, who came through late in football and Myles has done the same.

Gordon says: Myles Anderson, son of Kean's agent Jerome, has never played for Blackburn.

?Steve said: “Bruno - or Denis after Denis Irwin, the boys call him, because he never gives the ball away - will fill in that position and that is great for us."

Gordon says: Bruno Ribeiro - or Denis - has never played for Rovers. None of us even knows what he looks like!

?Steve said: “David’s always been put on a par with a young Rooney and he can certainly score all types of goals… It’s not just nice tap-ins, he can create a goal for himself, score from outside the box, chip them in, pass them in, smash them in."

Gordon says: A young Mickey Rooney? David Goodwillie has scored two league goals this season.

Steve said: “There is no way Chris Samba is leaving this football club. I've spoken to the owners and that's the end of the matter.”

Gordon says: Samba left two weeks later.?

Steve on being knocked out of the Carling Cup quarter-finals by Cardiff: “We are in a position where we have forfeited going through and having the chance to reach a Cup final. We have games against sides within touching distance of us in the league. We need to treat those games as Cup finals.”

Gordon says: Why did he not say that beforehand in order to save supporters a wasted journey? We ended up 'forfeiting' a lot of those other 'Cup finals' too.??

Steve on the January 2012 transfer window: “We are going to do our business early and get experienced players."

Gordon says: The unknown Antony Modeste arrived on January 19th. The rest of the business was done on deadline day and the ‘experienced’ players were uncapped Bradley Orr and the obscure Marcus Olsson.??

Steve said: “The most important thing is 99% of the fans didn't demonstrate”.

Gordon says: Maths isn't his strong point.??

Steve said: “I live in the area but I don’t go out in Blackburn because I can’t. You just never know who you might run into.”

Gordon says: Steve has been attacked and threatened on the mean streets of Blackburn zero times.

Steve said: “Our break in Dubai went really well. From a medical point of view I have been told vitamin D levels were very high in the lads when they come back due to the sunshine.”

Gordon says: So basically they just topped up their tans???

Steve said: “Judge us after the transfer window is closed.”

Gordon says: Judged.??

Steve on November 22nd: “Yes, there have been discussions about a new contract, but I have told the owners that this is an inappropriate time to conclude any new contract discussions. Instead, the real issue is for me and everyone else to concentrate on the games.”?

Gordon says: Steve signed a new contract on November 25th.??

Steve on the plane carrying a protest banner over Ewood: “I didn’t see the plane and I don’t know what it said."

Gordon says: TV pictures appearing to show Steve looking at the plane must have been misleading.

Steve said: “The owners are very knowledgeable."

Gordon says: The stories about them not realising Rovers could get relegated are untrue, then?

Steve said: “I believe I was good enough to play for Celtic.”

Gordon says: Steve Kean played for Alloa, Academia Coimbra, Bath City and Newbury Town.

Steve said: “We've had monumental results this season, including back-to-back clean sheets".

Gordon says: This comedy writes itself.

Steve said: “Relegation hasn’t even been considered.”

Gordon says: This was after the record-breaking away match at Tottenham on 29 April, in which Rovers did not get a single shot on or off target. I was certainly considering relegation after watching that.??

Steve said: “All the pundits are wrong and I'm right.”

Gordon says: Or maybe not.

The more you read Keans comments now with a good few years having past the more you see it confirmed he was just a front man for the con job winging his way through it all. It's so blindingly obvious it's criminal.

I see some parallels with the takeover of Rovers by Venkys and their partners and Wolves' recent takeover by the Chinese company. Both takeovers seemed to be brokered/led by influential agents with a plan of continued involvement post takeover. One difference is the Fosun Group is a lot more well known than Venkys and they seem to be more serious about developing their 'brand' in China, whereas the line about Venkys wanting to develop Rovers in India was never anything more than a convenient excuse for them getting involved whilst the real sinister activity could take place behind that veil.

Only time will tell if Wolves go down a similar route to ourselves. So far it appears similar. Strange signings, bizarre managerial appointment, and a strong influence from a particular agent behind the scenes. Maybe Zenga wasn't able to jet out to China and kneel at the feet of their owner like our mon was.

I expect in time Wolves will get it right. They'll throw money at it until they get results and even with strange goings on behind the scenes will struggle to reach Venky levels of performance.

Think you can throw Forests owners in there as well. Wasn't one of their earlier actions to sell 2 players for 7 mill from under Stuart Pearce's nose after they'd assured him they were staying only to then loan them back ? Why would you do anything like that unless you were either struggling for funds despite pretending your loaded or asset stripping and window dressing it.

This division must be the most bent in Europe.

Shows how well Cardiff did to act quickly and decisively in getting Warnock. A couple of weeks delay and he'd have been on the radar of numerous other clubs. Of course there was a time last summer when he was on our radar, he wanted the job and clearly was led to believe he was getting it, now we're going to find out the hard way just what a ludicrous managerial selection process took place last summer, when we had all the time in the world to get it right after Lambert's resignation.

With Warnock going Cardiff I think the only way things can get more painful is if Lambert or Allardyce get the jobs at Wolves/Wigan and keep them above us as we flounder with Coyle.

For anyone on the fence, let's compare November 2010 with now.

From 20,000+ to barely 10,000 in the ground.

From Allardyce to Coyle.

From mid table in the Premier League to relegation fodder in the Championship.

From 'punching above our weight' to 'dramatic fall from grace'.

From John Williams to Mike Cheston.

From pride to humiliation.

Within that time we've had Jerome Anderson, his crocodile tears, Myles Anderson and 'that tackle', Steve Kean and his storybook of lies, relegation with another one coming, constant derby humiliation, endless newspaper headlines, 5 managers in 1 season, obscene agent fees, transfer revenue disappearing down a black hole, a complete lack of communication or direction, £1.2m for relegation, Lambert walking out in disgust, fans intimidated and threatened, and the club falling further and further into the abyss.

And some say the above isn't enough to miss 33 minutes of ONE match vs. Wolves...

Be on the right side of history.

Venky's Out.

For anyone on the fence, let's compare November 2010 with now.

From 20,000+ to barely 10,000 in the ground.

From Allardyce to Coyle.

From mid table in the Premier League to relegation fodder in the Championship.

From 'punching above our weight' to 'dramatic fall from grace'.

From John Williams to Mike Cheston.

From pride to humiliation.

Within that time we've had Jerome Anderson, his crocodile tears, Myles Anderson and 'that tackle', Steve Kean and his storybook of lies, relegation with another one coming, constant derby humiliation, endless newspaper headlines, 5 managers in 1 season, obscene agent fees, transfer revenue disappearing down a black hole, a complete lack of communication or direction, £1.2m for relegation, Lambert walking out in disgust, fans intimidated and threatened, and the club falling further and further into the abyss.

And some say the above isn't enough to miss 33 minutes of ONE match vs. Wolves...

Be on the right side of history.

Venky's Out.

The sad part is, that just scratches the surface. That's how messed up this club has become.

Correct me if I'm wrong but we don't have a dedicated stand for the protestors? It's just wherever you usually sit?

There should have been one dedicated for the core protesters from the off. Missed a trick there.

Archived