BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

It might well be, but that's their view, they may well see it as pointless. Advocating setting on people (from an earlier post) is hardly a way to win people over. Its no surprise that people write articles with a negative spin, or other choose to distance themselves from it if that is the way forward.

What is truly pointless is turning up to every game for a 90 minute fix and thinking that that makes you a supporter and continuing to do so as we slip down through the leagues as the crowds get tinier and tinier and believing this can go on forever.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is truly pointless is turning up to every game for a 90 minute fix and thinking that that makes you a supporter and continuing to do so as we slip down through the leagues as the crowds get tinier and tinier and believing this can go on forever.

It needs the media onside to get any chance of recognition over there. Fan V Fan stuff turns a lot of people off, and creates issues that the club / venkys could exploit in their favour.

I think the old saying went Divide and Conquer,

10,000 ++ have already voted with their feet against the Venky reign.

2,000 ++ visibly voted by joining the 1875.

Many at the Wolves game who did not join the 1875 did however clap the protesters. Those Fans are very close to joining in! Continue to win the war of hearts and minds and they will.

The anti protest faction are a dwindling number. Some will never change but many will.

A massive corner was turned on Saturday and seeing it on tv and many times since in replay was truly inspiring. Congratulations to all involved in 1875.

The model worked great, just needs freshening up on each occasion using poignant dates in the clubs history ect.

Mischief making once again prevalent on here, don't fall for it, because fan v fan isn't an issue, Saturday was testament to that.

Certain posters tried to derail things all last week with wild claims that never came to fruition, don't fall for it.

What does that even mean? Its only sitting out a few minutes of a football game... No one is being asked to riot and throw molotov cocktails... Plain lazy in my view.

Not sure Lazy is exactly correct in all instances, Neal.

When the protests started in 2011 or whenever it was, people who I considered as dyed in the wool Rovers fans really had no idea of the situation regards Agents, Kentaro, Kean stabbing SA in the back, players being left out for very shady reasons.....

Christ, during the leaking of Kean's contract, emails etc the other month, one of my best mates asked what Kentaro was....... and he's been going to Rovers since he was knee-high to a grasshopper.

I bet 85% of Rovers fans that sat down at 17:30 on Saturday haven't the foggiest about what role someone like Paul Agnew was playing at Rovers before he was sacked.

I bet they've never read Kean's contract.

They'll be completely oblivious to Coyle's links to Kentaro and his downright lie during his first ever interview.

All this information, little bits of facts and tell-tale signs are all picked up on here - not within the LET or in National Media.

Imagine if you didn't read this message board every day Neal, and your only source of information was this rag: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/?ref=mnav

@#/? Coyle telling us all we can go toe-to-toe with any team in this division.... It's not worth the paper it's printed on - we know that. But if it's your only real source of Rovers info, it's quite a rallying cry isn't it!

During the protests on Saturday, a girl who I know posted a photo of an almost empty Ewood and typed "You can carry on with your protesting, I'm supporting the lads".

Her and her whole family have had that attitude since I was bickering with them about it 6 years ago. They won't change, they don't want to change - they are what I call the 'driving at the end of the bonnet' football fans.... Is everything okay at the moment? Are Rovers playing at Ewood and is Mill Hill club open before and after the game?.... if the answer is yes then that's fine for them. Their routine can continue and what happens in India or at boardroom level is of absolutely no interest.

To them, our relegation and continued decline is part and parcel of football. Not a result of complete and continued incompetence by our owners - not to mention seriously underhand activity by individuals of whom we are all aware!

Mischief making once again prevalent on here, don't fall for it, because fan v fan isn't an issue, Saturday was testament to that.

Certain posters tried to derail things all last week with wild claims that never came to fruition, don't fall for it.

The tide IS changing, Saturday was the first example of it, but you only have to look at the facebook groups, other forums, twitter et al to know that the job is far from done. It won't have been the first time that people were put up to it as well. Remember a few instances of that last time coming from our favourite PR person and his friends.

Great post Jimmy, and it's the reason why, as I mentioned at the meeting at Ewood WMC, we need to get the LT onside with the protests.

We all know it's a pathetic excuse for a newspaper but there are still many out there who take what it says as gospel. In the battle for hearts and minds, we need to find a way to get the word out there in the LT.

It needs the media onside to get any chance of recognition over there. Fan V Fan stuff turns a lot of people off, and creates issues that the club / venkys could exploit in their favour.

I think the old saying went Divide and Conquer,

1) I've read that several times and don't follow. Over where?

In any case you have avoided the point of my post.The problem is not protesters, its people who believe all they need to do in this crisis for the club is to turn up as normal.

It seems to me many are beyond reach, let's hope they decline.

The tide IS changing, Saturday was the first example of it, but you only have to look at the facebook groups, other forums, twitter et al to know that the job is far from done. It won't have been the first time that people were put up to it as well. Remember a few instances of that last time coming from our favourite PR person and his friends.

I guess it depends on how much value you put into online forums, you only need to read the telegraph comments to know that the vast majority have never stepped foot into Ewood and I assume Twitter and Facebook are the same.

Take it all with a large pinch of salt, but I do recognise some of the dodgy dealings that have gone on in recent times, but these things tend to even themselves out eventually.

I guess it depends on how much value you put into online forums, you only need to read the telegraph comments to know that the vast majority have never stepped foot into Ewood and I assume Twitter and Facebook are the same.

Take it all with a large pinch of salt, but I do recognise some of the dodgy dealings that have gone on in recent times, but these things tend to even themselves out eventually.

Ha, the fans that have never been to a game in their lives yet have a go at fans who are boycotting. Aren't they the best.

If I were a fan of some American Football team and this happened there, I wouldn't dream of criticising supporters who'd been going for decades. But then I take great pride in trying my best not to be a dick. Many people these days appear to be the opposite.

Just take the positives, the vast majority of the fanbase are united and want Venkys out. The protest was a success.

There are a few idiots on either side of the protest (scabs vs booing) - ignore them - you'll never get 10,000 people to agree on anything ever, concentrate on the publicity this event created, look for the next step.

10,000 ++ have already voted with their feet against the Venky reign.

2,000 ++ visibly voted by joining the 1875.

Many at the Wolves game who did not join the 1875 did however clap the protesters. Those Fans are very close to joining in! Continue to win the war of hearts and minds and they will.

The anti protest faction are a dwindling number. Some will never change but many will.

A massive corner was turned on Saturday and seeing it on tv and many times since in replay was truly inspiring. Congratulations to all involved in 1875.

Exactly right yet there is still what appears to be a significant view amongst protesters that anyone who doesn't join in is dirt and I now gather deserves to have violence inflicted on them.

I joined in on Saturday as far as my personal circumstances allowed. However I want absolutely nothing to do with those who continue to insult non protesters and especially those supporting violence towards those fans.

While this attitude prevails amongst the protesters there's little chance of winning over those you want onside. It simply won't happen.

Exactly right yet there is still what appears to be a significant view amongst protesters that anyone who doesn't join in is dirt and I now gather deserves to have violence inflicted on them.

Sorry Paul but that statement - as written - is cobblers. "A significant view... that anyone who doesn't join in... deserves to have violence inflicted upon them".

One poster made a stupid throwaway comment about punching someone (I paraphrase) and that's now a significant view? No way. That's very much a minority view.

What I would say is becoming a more significant view, is that people are starting to worry less and less about convincing the do-nowters and to get on with protesting without their support.

It's important that protests remain classy. Passionate but without all of the @#/? Off Venkys rhetoric. A groundswell is temporarily forming, although three wins in a row and we'll be starting again, I feel - maybe two...

When the protests started in 2011 or whenever it was, people who I considered as dyed in the wool Rovers fans really had no idea of the situation regards Agents, Kentaro, Kean stabbing SA in the back, players being left out for very shady reasons.....

Christ, during the leaking of Kean's contract, emails etc the other month, one of my best mates asked what Kentaro was....... and he's been going to Rovers since he was knee-high to a grasshopper.

I bet 85% of Rovers fans that sat down at 17:30 on Saturday haven't the foggiest about what role someone like Paul Agnew was playing at Rovers before he was sacked.

They'll be completely oblivious to Coyle's links to Kentaro and his downright lie during his first ever interview.

All this information, little bits of facts and tell-tale signs are all picked up on here - not within the LET or in National Media.

Imagine if you didn't read this message board every day Neal, and your only source of information was this rag: http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/?ref=mnav

@#/? Coyle telling us all we can go toe-to-toe with any team in this division.... It's not worth the paper it's printed on - we know that. But if it's your only real source of Rovers info, it's quite a rallying cry isn't it!

During the protests on Saturday, a girl who I know posted a photo of an almost empty Ewood and typed "You can carry on with your protesting, I'm supporting the lads".

Her and her whole family have had that attitude since I was bickering with them about it 6 years ago. They won't change, they don't want to change - they are what I call the 'driving at the end of the bonnet' football fans.... Is everything okay at the moment? Are Rovers playing at Ewood and is Mill Hill club open before and after the game?.... if the answer is yes then that's fine for them. Their routine can continue and what happens in India or at boardroom level is of absolutely no interest.

To them, our relegation and continued decline is part and parcel of football. Not a result of complete and continued incompetence by our owners - not to mention seriously underhand activity by individuals of whom we are all aware!

Agree to do disagree there, If you look at another of my posts it says lazy, spineless or unwilling to seek the truth but mostly lazy. I'm not having that these people havent heard anything about any wrong doings in the past 6 years... It just doesn't wash with me anymore. They're either lazy because they can't be arsed to look for the real story, too lazy to fight against Venkys and quick to judge others... Many of them are guilty of at least one of these things.

I joined in on Saturday as far as my personal circumstances allowed. However I want absolutely nothing to do with those who continue to insult non protesters and especially those supporting violence towards those fans.

While this attitude prevails amongst the protesters there's little chance of winning over those you want onside. It simply won't happen.

Stuart responded to your post exactly as I was going to do Paul.

When in the concourse before the 18th minute I heard no criticism of those in their seats. I also heard no abuse (either way) on entering the ground.

To say that a significant view of protestors view none protestors as dirt and wanted to inflict violence upon them is ridiculous.

What is more significant is the view that some people are putting all (or a significant number of) protestors into the same bracket as a tiny handful of people who have the more extreme views.

I would hope Saturdays incredible turnout would dispel that myth and show the protest was standing alongside your fellow fans, not supporting any 'protest leader' or individual person.

Let's applaud the 2500 supporters (and those who clapped or joined in in any way they could) who contributed to the undoubted (and surprising ) success of this protest. Let's not imply that a 'significant portion' of them are the kind of person you mention above,

Was talking to a family member yesterday.

He's not crazily invested like me, but a fan nonetheless.

Him: 'You see that daft protest?'

Me: 'Aye i was part of it, it did more to get our cause out there than anything else since relegation'

Him: 'Yeah, I suppose you're right, was all over the media and Twitter, all helps to get these owners out'

Most fans can be won over, and even if they can't, feck 'em and keep promoting the cause to the wider football public.

None of my friends around me in the Riverside supported me on Saturday. All to a man either said I was stupid or 'blanked' me. They are all above average intelligence;devoted to the Rovers;going or the children of those going since the 60s/70s AND I have clearly known them for 50 years+

Its weird,like being in the wrong Political party,but the 20% have to do the running for the 80%.

And it was ever so.

Sorry Paul but that statement - as written - is cobblers. "A significant view... that anyone who doesn't join in... deserves to have violence inflicted upon them".

One poster made a stupid throwaway comment about punching someone (I paraphrase) and that's now a significant view? No way. That's very much a minority view.

What I would say is becoming a more significant view, is that people are starting to worry less and less about convincing the do-nowters and to get on with protesting without their support.

It's important that protests remain classy. Passionate but without all of the @#/? Off Venkys rhetoric. A groundswell is temporarily forming, although three wins in a row and we'll be starting again, I feel - maybe two...

Highlights the complete over reaction of some who are waiting to climb all over any comment like that and try and make it out as fact, ridiculous really. There was stuff being whipped up like that by a few on social media predicting an almost riot or fisticuffs at least yet as was always going to be the case nothing happened.

If anything will put people off joining in or even attending it's scaremongering from the soap box morally superior few.

None of my friends around me in the Riverside supported me on Saturday. All to a man either said I was stupid or 'blanked' me. They are all above average intelligence;devoted to the Rovers;going or the children of those going since the 60s/70s AND I have clearly known them for 50 years+

Its weird,like being in the wrong Political party,but the 20% have to do the running for the 80%.

And it was ever so.

Doesn't matter mhead, you did your bit, and when the rats crawl back under the rock all those around you will probably be busy telling the grandkids how they fought for the club and got rid of that lot from Pune.

You'll know the real story though 😉

It's hard to believe that our own fans can't be arsed finding out what the truth is.

I understand fans from other clubs don't know, that normal, but in saying that a gas engineer came to my house yesterday and we got talking football. He is a Liverpool fan and when I told him about the way Venky's have ruined the club, he said" how is HE".

Archived