BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

When it came on the box I looked at the main stand which seemed normally populated and I thought oh it's not going to work this. Then after it had flashed past the BBE a few times I thought hell it's on for sure, really can't have been more than 300 or so scattered across vast banks of empties.

Then I stopped and thought hang on there is probably not many bothered turning up because it's on tv it's going to be no fuller than early round cup game when a few hundred pile in. Then 18 mins and the troops start piling in and up goes the volume with absolutely no doubt what's going on and it was impressive and impossible to ignore. Job done.

To say around 2500 took part out of about 8k in attendance is massive and just shows the depth of feeling. Not forgetting many many more around the stadium who for various reasons chose not to take part but share the feelings so the ball is now rolling for sure.

As a couple of Sunderland fans said on twitter 'class this from Blackburn fans why can't we do something like that'.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When it came on the box I looked at the main stand which seemed normally populated and I thought oh it's not going to work this. Then after it had flashed past the BBE a few times I thought hell it's on for sure, really can't have been more than 300 or so scattered across vast banks of empties.

Then I stopped and thought hang on there is probably not many bothered turning up because it's on tv it's going to be no fuller than early round cup game when a few hundred pile in. Then 18 mins and the troops start piling in and up goes the volume with absolutely no doubt what's going on and it was impressive and impossible to ignore. Job done.

To say around 2500 took part out of about 8k in attendance is massive and just shows the depth of feeling. Not forgetting many many more around the stadium who for various reasons chose not to take part but share the feelings so the ball is now rolling for sure.

As a couple of Sunderland fans said on twitter 'class this from Blackburn fans why can't we do something like that'.

I loved this. Doesnt matter what anybody says, when the lads and lasses came marching in on 18 mins, the volume got turned up inside Ewood, and i just had to join in "we want venkys out, oh we want venkys out"

Saturday proved that the ' get behind them group' don't practice what they preach. All they do is slag protesters off who had sacrificed 33+ minutes of a match they'd paid for. The fans that booed are a disgrace.When the thieves leave Rovers I hope these anti-protesters are set upon.

Saturday proved that the ' get behind them group' don't practice what they preach. All they do is slag protesters off who had sacrificed 33+ minutes of a match they'd paid for. The fans that booed are a disgrace.When the thieves leave Rovers I hope these anti-protesters are set upon.

I think you'll find that relatively few people booed compared to those who supported the protest (without actually taking part).

From where I was sat I heard a few boos and did see one lad getting abuse for leaving on 75 which was bang out of order but to suggest that they be set upon is even worse.

We also need to get things into perspective, lots of people in the "get behind them group" just aren't the protesting kind. It doesn't mean they don't want Venkys out.

I think you'll find that relatively few people booed compared to those who supported the protest (without actually taking part).

From where I was sat I heard a few boos and did see one lad getting abuse for leaving on 78 which was bang out of order but to suggest that they be set upon is even worse.

We also need to get things into perspective, lots of people in the "get behind them group" just aren't the protesting kind. It doesn't mean they don't want Venkys out.

Indeed, I made a point to look across the Blackburn End as we were emerging, plenty were clapping.

What stuck with me was the noise that the protesters made once we joined the terraces. Yes, non-protesters joined in but it was definitely driven by anger and frustration of those who had made the sacrifice.

I'll be honest, it wasn't easy and being sat where we are in the family stand there was not a great deal of participation. At the end of the day, it comes down to a personal belief that you are doing the right thing for the right reasons.

There was some muttering behind us but to be honest we could just have been arriving late for all the difference we made.

The Blackburn End was fine....it was the Riverside that was the problem.

I only got 'ribbing' at half-time,with people thinking we were stupid and illogical.

Even in the 70's, it was always, "Riverside, Riverside, give us a song".

Being sat in the Riverside I heard the boos and heard a few choice comments (at both 18 and 75 minutes), but in my experience they were still in the minority thankfully.

It sounded ridiculously loud, when I watched the recording on Sky.

Anyone heard an explanation or reasoning for the booing? One is needed.

So you are an advocate of violence against fellow Rovers yet you are unhappy a very small minority chose to boo on Saturday? Interesting persepective on things.

It seems to me you are way out of order and should take a long hard look at yourself.

So you are an advocate of violence against fellow Rovers yet you are unhappy a very small minority chose to boo on Saturday? Interesting persepective on things.

It seems to me you are way out of order and should take a long hard look at yourself.

And when he has had, a long hard look at himself, I, would still agree with him.

I'll not bother but thanks for the advice.

What does that even mean? Its only sitting out a few minutes of a football game... No one is being asked to riot and throw molotov cocktails... Plain lazy in my view.

What does that even mean? Its only sitting out a few minutes of a football game... No one is being asked to riot and throw molotov cocktails... Plain lazy in my view.

It might well be, but that's their view, they may well see it as pointless. Advocating setting on people (from an earlier post) is hardly a way to win people over. Its no surprise that people write articles with a negative spin, or other choose to distance themselves from it if that is the way forward.

It might well be, but that's their view, they may well see it as pointless. Advocating setting on people (from an earlier post) is hardly a way to win people over. Its no surprise that people write articles with a negative spin, or other choose to distance themselves from it if that is the way forward.

Luckily i dont have the burden of trying to "win people over" Ste... If they dont want to protest because they deem the efforts of protestors pointless then thats up to them, just like its up to me to think they're they're lazy, spinless or unwilling to seek the truth. Thats an opinion thats obviously not popular with some but its at a point for me where I dont care about hurting peoples feelings. If people want to sit idly by, be walked over, be treated like dirt or judge the efforts of others then that says more than any words on a messageboard anyway I suppose...

It's only recently the small numbers of protesters were being abused and physically attacked, now the protesting numbers are on the increase, the balance is changing and the anti protesters are now whinging.

It's only recently the small numbers of protesters were being abused and physically attacked, now the protesting numbers are on the increase, the balance is changing and the anti protesters are now whinging.

Exactly the same the other way around as well.. Thankfullly I've not heard of anybody being physically attacked fan v fan either way at this stage.

So basically its a no win situation for us? Basically if the protests are peaceful, people will still view things as those evil Rovers fans. Its really a strange one, because whichever view you take, this should have been a united protest, and not a us vs them scenario. The bigger picture is clearly being missed by many, because what happens off the pitch should have no bearing on the game or players.

However, in our situation, everything that is happening off the pitch, is causing problems on it, and amongst the fan base. Get rid of Venkys(the problem), and the divide will be conquered.

Exactly the same the other way around as well.. Thankfullly I've not heard of anybody being physically attacked fan v fan either way at this stage.

If things continue this way, I can surely see some protestors getting hurt while having no effect on the club ownership what-so-ever and then people talk about unity. We have to learn to accommodate each other's point of view.

10,000 ++ have already voted with their feet against the Venky reign.

2,000 ++ visibly voted by joining the 1875.

Many at the Wolves game who did not join the 1875 did however clap the protesters. Those Fans are very close to joining in! Continue to win the war of hearts and minds and they will.

The anti protest faction are a dwindling number. Some will never change but many will.

A massive corner was turned on Saturday and seeing it on tv and many times since in replay was truly inspiring. Congratulations to all involved in 1875.

If things continue this way, I can surely see some protestors getting hurt while having no effect on the club ownership what-so-ever and then people talk about unity. We have to learn to accommodate each other's point of view.

DINGLE ALERT

10,000 ++ have already voted with their feet against the Venky reign.

2,000 ++ visibly voted by joining the 1875.

Many at the Wolves game who did not join the 1875 did however clap the protesters. Those Fans are very close to joining in! Continue to win the war of hearts and minds and they will.

The anti protest faction are a dwindling number. Some will never change but many will.

A massive corner was turned on Saturday and seeing it on tv and many times since in replay was truly inspiring. Congratulations to all involved in 1875.

Completely agree with this.

Archived