BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I said "they paint us in a bad light" and "I don't think it was needed" but suggest a way that would make more sense and this is your response?

Content, not poster.

With the BBC NW tonight, Daily Telegraph, the pre match on Sky and a few other things - I felt the protest was seen as positive, applauded and most importantly - understood.

I think any neutral fan watching would've been "annoyed" by the blowing, and more likely thought that action was pointless.

You said "why whistles ?" which indicates to me that you were against whistles .

So i ask what better ways you can think of than whistles and you come up with blowing whistles at a specific time .

I then query that because you said you were against whistles and you chunter on about content not poster.

At no point have i attacked you personally , nor have i picked on your post because you wrote it .

I picked on your post because I suspected it was nit-picking and controversial purely to seek attention .the fact that your subsequent posts contradict what you said shows i was right. I think you like an argument just for the sake of it

Great credit to all who organised all the protests. So many disappointments along the way with no credit to many so-called bastions of the local community and economy.

A particular shout out to the people booing the protests.

You came over loud and clear on TV and really added to the sense that the whole stadium was protesting.

thought i would comment on it..

1. The plan was ? meet at 4.20 outside the players enterance...No Wayne Wild, No Birdy and No admin off here (what the hell is WAR been set up for?)

2,I thought Simon Garner was the "face and spokesperson " of WAR ,he should have been there adressing the fans.

3,No one said id be walking 20 miles haha

4. The wolves fans going in the ground were fantastic and I shook hands with every single one that was outside the turnstyles as they clapped us.

5.Dissapointing number of boycotters outside during the game , 5 of us ...inc len venkhater and andyW off here.

6.Dissappointing number outside after the game , again no birdy,wayne wild or admin on here. I was chatting to someone who said hello(not near the protest) to wayne wild ( he knew him) and he totally blanked him. Great way for the trust head to treat folk.

7.Didnt get as much abuse as the other protests and one was outside BBE where someone called us Wan5ers and one after when he was giving it large about its our fault and we shouldnt be allowed back when the slumdogs leave and we were a disgrace to rovers , i pointed out as to if he was such a good fan why he had walked out before the end . he muttered obsenities and walked off.

Overall good to see no arrests , good to hear ian holloway sticking up for us but the ones booing (it was loud boos from the riverside) are deluded scabs who deserve everything venkys rape them with. The ones booing are scum and are nothing but VENKY LOVING RETARDS.

So much love and respect for all the supporters who participated in the protest. This was definitely a great show of camaraderie and togetherness amongst the fans in a fight for the removal of Venky's from ownership of our football club.

For home games I always take to my seat well before kick-off and never leave the ground until all the players have left the pitch so it was something of a surreal experience for me not to be up in the stands. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was significant numbers down in the BBE concourse. It was disappointing to see on the arrival of the protestors that there appeared to be some booing (led to believe that came from the Riverside from what I hear on here) that was picked up by the Sky commentators and inevitably it says that some sections of the support are still fine with Venky's being at the club. However the overall tone of the ground was pure anti-Venky's, from what I could tell even a lot of the supporters who didn't partake in the protests joined in with the chants. But that begs the question if you want Venky's Out why did you take to your seat? Did you not know about the protest, even though it was wildly reported? Or do some people still not know all the information with regards to Venky's? or maybe most worryingly at all people are still too stubborn to admit they are wrong because they initially didn't support the protests? I would be genuinely interested to hear answers from people with regards to this.

The protest for me was overall a success and the message came across loud and clear. The only down note for me was that there wasn't more people involved, the whole damn stadium should have been empty in protest for what they have done to the club. But one things for sure the numbers are increasing, more people are aware and we need to keep the momentum going with protests and activity that will raise awareness like this. Well done for all those who protested in any manner, I felt proud to be a Rovers fan again last night.

Philip

I was talking to fellow protesters yesterday at Ewood.

We talked about the money that has come through the club since Venky's took over, and this figure a was a stagering £350/400 million + the debt, thats nearer to half a billion pounds. If this is true, how does that compare against out goings, as this should be interesting fact to get out and show the fans and media that our owners are in fact not funding it from there own money, but it is from the clubs money ie sponsorship, prem league, player sales ect.

Also is there anyway to prove the original purchase money came in through Bradford, as if this can be proven I would be willing to push it so anyone can see it.

So much love and respect for all the supporters who participated in the protest. This was definitely a great show of camaraderie and togetherness amongst the fans in a fight for the removal of Venky's from ownership of our football club.

For home games I always take to my seat well before kick-off and never leave the ground until all the players have left the pitch so it was something of a surreal experience for me not to be up in the stands. I was pleasantly surprised to see that there was significant numbers down in the BBE concourse. It was disappointing to see on the arrival of the protestors that there appeared to be some booing (led to believe that came from the Riverside from what I hear on here) that was picked up by the Sky commentators and inevitably it says that some sections of the support are still fine with Venky's being at the club. However the overall tone of the ground was pure anti-Venky's, from what I could tell even a lot of the supporters who didn't partake in the protests joined in with the chants. But that begs the question if you want Venky's Out why did you take to your seat? Did you not know about the protest, even though it was wildly reported? Or do some people still not know all the information with regards to Venky's? or maybe most worryingly at all people are still too stubborn to admit they are wrong because they initially didn't support the protests? I would be genuinely interested to hear answers from people with regards to this.

The protest for me was overall a success and the message came across loud and clear. The only down note for me was that there wasn't more people involved, the whole damn stadium should have been empty in protest for what they have done to the club. But one things for sure the numbers are increasing, more people are aware and we need to keep the momentum going with protests and activity that will raise awareness like this. Well done for all those who protested in any manner, I felt proud to be a Rovers fan again last night.

Interesting point that you make.

Those not taking part in 18/75 have consistently said that "it won't make any difference". So why do they bother joining in with Venkys Out chants? What's the difference? The level of effort required to chant is not that much less than meeting up in the concourse. You are still visibly demonstrating and it still "won't make any difference".

The only difference is that they have to miss watching a few precious seconds of football if they did the 18/75.

So as of yesterday we have some further increments to the supporter feeling:

1) Walk away plastics

2) Genuine boycotters

3) Attending protesters - 18/75

4) Lazy protesters - will chant but not stay away

5) Don't like Venkys but aren't bothered enough

6) Ambivalent - just watch the football

7) Actively boo protesters for disturbing the game

8) Against the protests and blame them for our situation - even prepared to undermine them

9) Idiots who genuinely believe Venkys are good for the club and just unlucky or badly advised

10) Bloody-minded folk who just want an argument

Philip

I was talking to fellow protesters yesterday at Ewood.

We talked about the money that has come through the club since Venky's took over, and this figure a was a stagering £350/400 million + the debt, thats nearer to half a billion pounds. If this is true, how does that compare against out goings, as this should be interesting fact to get out and show the fans and media that our owners are in fact not funding it from there own money, but it is from the clubs money ie sponsorship, prem league, player sales ect.

Also is there anyway to prove the original purchase money came in through Bradford, as if this can be proven I would be willing to push it so anyone can see it.

Yeah but all that income and sales never gets mentioned surprise surprise infact according to Sky after half time yesterday the Vs have been pumping in 30 million every season. I'd like to see real proof of this and if they were that would raise even more suspicions of where it actually goes or comes from.

The real point they should have mentioned is the club continuing losing 20/30 million every season and racking up 100 million plus in debt wherever it may come from.

But that would just make it look like a giant washing machine built on debt whilst assets are stealthily stripped and percentages are bled out. Someone is preventing the real facts from being spoken.

Just spoke to a couple of mates who sit in the Riverside, and they seem to think the booing started over the PA system, not loudly but they're pretty adamant that it started of from the speakers???? Strange indeed

It was very loud and seemed concentrated from one area. Nothing else in the game matched it for din even when most of the ground seemed to be chanting. Coming from the speakers would fit that idea.

Just spoke to a couple of mates who sit in the Riverside, and they seem to think the booing started over the PA system, not loudly but they're pretty adamant that it started of from the speakers???? Strange indeed

Back to the dirty tricks days of Shagnew. That explanation does seem very plausible.

LT reporting 2500 took part in the protests, if those figures are correct it's a huge success in my opinion.

The attendance for the match must have been 5000 then. Or 7000 don't give a @#/? about Rovers.

When will the LT support the fans?

Archived