BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still think the significant story protests is the fact there was under 10,000 home fans for a so called relegation 6 pointer. So out of people who still choose to go there's a decent number of fans who hate the Venkys and I reckon there's a high percentage of the missing 10,000 home fans who range from Venkys induced apathy to outright hatred of the club. I certainly fall into the latter.

We just can't continue like this. Do the Venkys care or even know sat 5,000 miles away in their ivory tower. Doubt it.

Is there even a club left worth saving?

Well done everyone who stood up to be counted today. It wasn't easy and took a lot of courage from people. Especially those who had family who didn't partake.

I didn't hear any booing - I can only assume that was a minority made louder for the microphones.

Disappointed that a lot of people chose to visibly side with Venkys but I honestly think that not enough was done to get the message into the mainstream, despite the time we had.

Glad the club didn't do anything stupid and there were no safety issues that I saw.

We keep trying and we'll see what the next round brings. Hopefully we have given Wild, Hollern and Straw enough people to represent IF their delegation happens.

A great atmosphere throughout the match. Easily the best of the last 18 months. Proud to be amongst people who are prepared stand up to Venkys and not bow and curtsy in servitude. Well done to you all.

• Backroom

Well done everyone who stood up to be counted today. It wasn't easy and took a lot of courage from people. Especially those who had family who didn't partake.

I didn't hear any booing - I can only assume that was a minority made louder for the microphones.

Disappointed that a lot of people chose to visibly side with Venkys but I honestly think that not enough was done to get the message into the mainstream, despite the time we had.

Glad the club didn't do anything stupid and there were no safety issues that I saw.

We keep trying and we'll see what the next round brings. Hopefully we have given Wild, Hollern and Straw enough people to represent IF their delegation happens.

A great atmosphere throughout the match. Easily the best of the last 18 months. Proud to be amongst people who are prepared stand up to Venkys and not bow and curtsy in servitude. Well done to you all.

For what it's worth, Sky made a big deal out of it.

The booing was from the Riverside apparantly, behind the Sky gantry

I sit in the Riverside, I got booed, told I was pathetic and told to eff off.

Well done to all concerned today, it went better than I expected today.

Think I met Neal's dad today too, passionate bloke.

Something needs to happen every game now. A friend of mine said to me this week that all like minded people should sit together from now on, a la the Union Bears at Ibrox.

Some folk should not be in charge of getting banners made. :rolleyes:

1DD135F5-E7A3-4E0C-84D7-E21C47BAD0AE.jpg

I quite like the fact an amend was made really!

In other news it sounds like a steward has had the @#/? kicked out of him during the protests today. Hoping it's all on CCTV and people are sent down, scum.

I sit in the Riverside, I got booed, told I was pathetic and told to eff off.

Well done to all concerned today, it went better than I expected today.

Think I met Neal's dad today too, passionate bloke.

Something needs to happen every game now. A friend of mine said to me this week that all like minded people should sit together from now on, a la the Union Bears at Ibrox.

Some people are genuinely stupid. I'm ashamed to call the people Rovers fans.

Maybe we could be the Onion Balajis?

The problem now is that we need press coverage of any protests but the only way this will happen for non-televised games is if play is disrupted a la Charlton - the LT are no help and we don't command column inches in the main papers any more. But if people are being rounded on for arriving late they'll be even more so for affecting the match.

But I don't expect much assistance from PNE and it's a long time until the Newcastle game on 2nd Jan.

Massive well done to all the protesters today. I hope Sky gave it the emphasis it deserved!

Hopefully, this is only the start.

By the way, I had a good conversation with a group of Wolves fans, who genuinely "got it"....More football fans are picking up on the abuse of our club-even if some of our own remain in denial LOL!

After tagging on to the pre match protests in doing a couple of loops of the ground, I wasn't too optimistic for the main 18/75 action. I couldn't have been more wrong. The Blackburn End concourse was full (rather than packed) and the Venky's Out chanting was superb. Seemed like a lot of the fans already sat down from kick off were joining in as well. Didn't hear any booing - shame on those that apparently did in the Riverside - nor any abuse from others who may have had differing views. As Arbitro, Funny Old Game and I were saying before the game, it's just a pity there's still a large element of apathy. More protesters needed. However, it's a start and a good one at that.

Archived