BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

After a taxi,3 flights and a train.....I got here at 7pm last night.

6 years is too long; we know what the root cause of our decline is; no English Club has ever died ; our Club is still a valuable brand/opportunity; there comes a time when supporters need to say that they cannot sit on their hands forever.

The expense was at least 700 pounds and it could have been better used. See you in the Pub after 3pm.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/10/28/despairing-blackburn-rovers-fans-step-up-protest-against-absent/

It's a shame our telegraph rag hasn't use Simon Garner's quote as seen in The Telegraph. This would help get a better message across to fans that are not engaged with the protest, but then again the rag is in the clubs pocket.

Big day today.

I genuinely believe that those pro-Venkys and argumentatively defending them represent a very small minority of the fanbase, and are easily out-numbered by protesters.

I hope your right Stuart but I fear you will be a broken man come 7.15pm

All the while, Coyle, who accepted the post vacated by the exasperated Paul Lambert, is left to muddle on. So is he worried about Saturday night’s protest affecting his players’ focus? “We don’t hide behind anything,” the manager said. “We’re the ones who decide our own fate on the field.” But with no help from on high.

we will see after the game.

Quite timely, as we head into November, to remember that our grandfathers and great-grandfathers gave their lives to ensure that future generation have the right to protest.

If anything the club is in danger of turning a peaceful protest into something else by virtue of the way they are treating fans. I hope they don't.

The police visiting and contacting people this week is a sign of Orwellian times being truly upon us. Those running Rovers at the present time are busy making themselves as hated as those in charge during the Kean era, when all we want is somebody to listen and react positively to fans concerns - instead of the implicit "look we've told you that Venkys don't talk to us, why can't you just move on?", which is my translation of "As far as we are concerned, Venkys remain committed to Blackburn Rovers and they have not said otherwise".

Exactly. Mercenary Mike has only climbed out of the accountants chair into a directors chair two minutes ago yet he's almost gazumped Nob Ender Shaw in the 'us' v them stakes with fans. I've heard from within he isn't very popular there either but it's probably gone to his head. Let's face it he's no power in the running the club so the only way to justify himself is be the big cheese towards staff and fans hoping it keeps him noticed in Pune.

Granted he's in a very difficult position but he's an accountant at the end of the day nothing else but going up in office at a football club the first thing you should be doing is trying to get fans onside. Seems all he's done is the opposite and like the rest of them over the last 6 years his only real concern is impressing his paymasters. He should be on attendance related pay he'd soon change his tune then !

Genuinely wish everybody protesting the best of luck today. Sadly I'm stuck "on call" for work today and cannot get to the game.

I would be 1875'ing with pride, otherwise.

We have to try something otherwise we deserve the outcome that this 6 yr journey is inevitably going to arrive at. I want my kids to watch a club they can be proud of.

Thinking of you all today.

Focus on the protest, do the club proud and ignore the few 'Rovers Fans' or whatever you call those who complain and stick up for Venky's. And not all who don't join in are against you, some are probably just too quiet and shy to really get stuck in. Those who do protest, stand up to the bullies in the hi viz jackets with wit and humour, and not act like West Ham fans.

Blow your whistles, stand your ground and leave on the 75th minute with pride.

Rumours of turnstiles shutting on kick off, very predictable. So much for allowing fans the right to a peaceful protest. Lies again when it seems they are hell bent on taking a hard line which could cause confrontation.

Rumour mill: Turnstiles switched off on 10 minutes, TVs off in the concourse and stewards to send people to their seats or force them out on the basis of fire evacuation policy.

If true, an embarrassment that will only cause more issues IMO.

Rumour mill: Turnstiles switched off on 10 minutes, TVs off in the concourse and stewards to send people to their seats or force them out on the basis of fire evacuation policy.

Everyone needs to stand their ground, safety in numbers, stick up for your fellow protesters they can't kick us all out.

So forcing the protests into the stands early ? Counter productive for the club as it'll come across on tv better in terms of chants etc. What they going to do on 75 ? run around strapping people in their seats .....

For those who don't need the hassle just stop outside and protest. What an absolute sorry shower run this club now, no not just the Venkys & co but the tossers on the ground in Blackburn. They aren't fit for purpose either but one day they'll be bounced through the door !

They wont be able to move the protesters from the concourse if everyone stands together as one. Even fifty fans can become an immovable object.

Everyone needs to stand their ground, safety in numbers, stick up for your fellow protesters they can't kick us all out.

Exactly

Rumours of turnstiles shutting on kick off, very predictable. So much for allowing fans the right to a peaceful protest. Lies again when it seems they are hell bent on taking a hard line which could cause confrontation.

If that is true it says far more about the club than the protesters. Six years ago we were allowed to protest inside the ground after the Tottenham game, now it has possibly come to this. I hope it isn't true but if it is it could backfire on the club.

If that is true it says far more about the club than the protesters. Six years ago we were allowed to protest inside the ground after the Tottenham game, now it has possibly come to this. I hope it isn't true but if it is it could backfire on the club.

Yes I hope they are just rumours but everything you hear makes it look like they intend to provoke confrontation. The rent a mob brought in by Kean and co aimed to do just that, nightclub bouncers from Bolton just loving the prospect of cracking a few Blackburn fans. Hope it isn't a return to that, the club carries just as much responsibility as the fans themselves to see this is allowed to pass off peacefully.

Think on those giving the orders from the club today, you'll be being filmed and under scrutiny as well !

Cheston & co. are just a bunch of self-serving tossers, doing everything they can to look after themselves. Instead of protecting the fans' right to a peaceful protest, they are doing everything within their power to quell any sort of negative PR that might jeopardise their positions at the club. The Kean era never ended, we just went into remission for a few years.

Archived