BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

I would have thought the Blackburn and Darwen ends, Th Riverside will have no visual impact for the cameras.

I sit in the Riverside. I am going to try to walk from Blackburn End past the half way line and go up the steps to my seat. Hopefully, once again, I will take the same route out. I hope I'm not the only one.

I think the number of protesters will be in their hundreds only and the protest may not be noticed. I hope I'm wrong.

I know 5 people who go to the Riverside and they have told me they will be on for the full game. :(

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sheesh I am not being an apologist.

The problem is that the press are expecting the majority of fans to take part in this protest (as per what has happened at other clubs). It appears from my poll and reading stuff on social media that this will not be the case so what will happen is that the press will take this and run with the minority of fans lines which is the last thing that we need.

I am boycotting and am in favour of protests but not ones that will ultimately do more damage to the cause.

Kamy, don't worry about it.

As I said yesterday (when I lost my rag on here) the loudest voices are on the extremes of either viewpoint. However it's not black and white, there is plenty of middle ground.

Your views on all this are duly noted and to call you an apologist is ridiculous.

I said from day one the numbers would never be big enough for this. The message was never spread well enough to make it happen. However, as it is happening, it needs everyone in support to stand firm and go through with it, even if it's only a few hundred.

I know 5 people who go to the Riverside and they have told me they will be on for the full game. :(

There seems to be a certain element of pride from some folk that sticking two fingers up at protests somehow makes them better fans, better supporters, maybe even better people.

There seems to be a certain element of pride from some folk that sticking two fingers up at protests somehow makes them better fans, better supporters, maybe even better people.

They don't want to miss a minute of the game. It seems they think watching all of the game is more important than protesting against Venkys. They are prepared to stand near the pitch until 18, then go to their seats and come back to near the pitch on 75 but that isn't Birdie's plan, is it.

i think less than 500 fans joining in on sat the protest will have failed,over 2k and its victory to us.we all know what will make the 75min a sucsess but i can,t bring myself to write it,then again if its the ref as last year.

They don't want to miss a minute of the game. It seems they think watching all of the game is more important than protesting against Venkys. They are prepared to stand near the pitch until 18, then go to their seats and come back to near the pitch on 75 but that isn't Birdie's plan, is it.

Sometimes we have to sacrifice the things we want for the things we really need.

• Backroom

i think less than 500 fans joining in on sat the protest will have failed,over 2k and its victory to us.we all know what will make the 75min a sucsess but i can,t bring myself to write it,then again if its the ref as last year.

If Sky mention that fans want Venkys Out and mention one of the reasons why just once, the protest 'wins'.

People need to stop being so down about it and just get on with what they believe is right.

If Sky mention that fans want Venkys Out and mention one of the reasons why just once, the protest 'wins'.

People need to stop being so down about it and just get on with what they believe is right.

"Blackburn fans are protesting about their owners Venkys" on Sky = win.

100% agree. It's all about building momentum and getting our discontent out in to the public domain again. Sky will give us a platform to do that whether there's 200 or 2000 folk participating.

"Blackburn fans are protesting about their owners Venkys" on Sky = win.

It was mentioned during the Bristol City live tv game last week about the planned protests and the reason why ,once before kick off and once during the game. The commentator whoever it was seemed very aware of the situation brought about by Desai, the Rao family and their project partners

I'm with the majority on this. Every protest should be seen as an opportunity to win a few more over.

To wait for majority support would mean no one could be won over, no momentum would ever be created.

Even the longest journey starts with a single step.

No magic bullet here, just a steady rise in anti-Venky feeling and protest action.

We will win.

More importantly how would the police have your contact details?

I've not had a call from anyone from the police but if I had I'd want to know where they had obtained my private number from and why they felt they had a right to contact me when I've never broken any law and have never threatened to do so.

More importantly how would the police have your contact details?

I've not had a call from anyone from the police but if I had I'd want to know where they had obtained my private number from and why they felt they had a right to contact me when I've never broken any law and have never threatened to do so.

Just doing their jobs mate, don't think he said they had accused him of anything.

Just doing their jobs mate, don't think he said they had accused him of anything.

Just doing their jobs? :blink:

When have you had a call from the boys /girls in blue ( or heard of anybody else having one) before unless you have a football related conviction already?

I'm with gumboots on this - very strange goings on.

• Backroom

And why would they ring you Mike? How would they know you intended to protest? Very strange goings on.

Think it's a guy I've spoken to before, voice was familiar. Last time he rang me, it was regarding a racist incident at a game vs Boro I'd mentioned on Facebook. I suspect he's seen my posts about whistles at games.

Just further proof that social media isn't remotely private. Probably hoping some will be intimidated by mention of the word 'police'.

Unfortunately i'm away in Tenerife for the protest i've been waiting for, frustrating.

Just putting this out there in case someone fancies picking up my idea...

To get media attention, being on tv and being around Halloween... I was going to enter the Riverside dressed as the grim reaper with a banner reading "Venkys Club Killers".

Tell the police to do some real work and start looking at corruption in football as opposed to protecting the types we are protesting against.

Gone are the days they protect the people. They now protect 'the peace' regardless of what laws or liberties are broken in the process. Peace, or the illusion of peace, is fundemental to their role.

Archived