BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Especially after his loving venkys video the other week . That's the idiot who wanted brighton to beat rovers ...

He is back on the venkys in chants today, I don't understand it, I don't know the lad it seems to be an attention seeking thing, then when he gets it he hides behind his issues.

He is back on the venkys in chants today, I don't understand it, I don't know the lad it seems to be an attention seeking thing, then when he gets it he hides behind his issues.

He's got bipolar, he's not attention seeking - he's got genuine medical issues. He should be left well alone to carry on with it to himself, thats the best resolution. People on his videos (not him) calling him a tool are causing a bigger issue.

He's got bipolar, he's not attention seeking - he's got genuine medical issues. He should be left well alone to carry on with it to himself, thats the best resolution. People on his videos (not him) calling him a tool are causing a bigger issue.

I am well aware of the challenges he has, nobody forces him to make and upload these videos etc, if you put it out there you have to take the flak that comes with it especially on an issue that is incredibly divisive. doesn't mean he deserves the vile abuse he has received, people have tried to speak to him about these posts etc and he doesn't want to know.

Back on thread I do think more awareness is needed about this protest and the reasons behind it . I did wonder if WAR or the individual groups that make it up could do some flyers and hand them out at the Ipswich game

Do we have any WAR representatives on this message board?

Since they came into force the whole Venkys out campaign seems to have hit a brick wall, all momentum has been lost.

There are only 2 home games left before the Wolves game, this needs advertising.

Since they came into force the whole Venkys out campaign seems to have hit a brick wall, all momentum has been lost.

There are only 2 home games left before the Wolves game, this needs advertising.

I don't know, all I seem to hear is we are preparing something professional be patient, but its killed the momentum and they will not get it back

I don't know, all I seem to hear is we are preparing something professional be patient, but its killed the momentum and they will not get it back

People on here (ABBEY being one example above) are volunteering to hand out flyers/leaflets at games, shouldn't be turning down offers from people willing to help.

What the hell is going on with this WAR lot? I'm starting to have some suspicions about their motivations and 'influences'. One minute it's 'Venkys Out' and the next NOTHING....

This is now a serious concern.

What will have to happen for us to decide we need a new group, specifically to select and plan protests etc?

What the hell is going on with this WAR lot? I'm starting to have some suspicions about their motivations and 'influences'. One minute it's 'Venkys Out' and the next NOTHING....

I think you'll find nothing is going on. It's now a month since the open meeting which was called for and set up by those involved.

It's very disappointing to see nothing has happened and even more so to realise nothing is going to happen. People are being badly let down by the groups who purport to represent a sizeable proportion of the fan base.

There was momentum but it's now dead in the water.

This is now a serious concern.

What will have to happen for us to decide we need a new group, specifically to select and plan protests etc?

There is one gentleman who could have done something, well actually a few that are not part of WAR. However, unless WAR says or does something, then im not sure whats going to happen. That Wolves game for the protest is vitally important, but if nothing happens, then i wont be surprised to see fans packing it in for good.

• Moderation Lead

with the news that rottontothecoar (R2C) has threatened fans with legal action does this mean any of the "non walker outs " will now actually change thyre mind or are they actually ok with this?

THIS. On a banner!

Yes, there are War representatives on this messageboard, i have personally not been checking and responding on here as much as i perhaps should have lately and for that i apologise.

'W.A.R' is simply a banner on which 4 supporter organisations came together underneath, to support each others initiatives. The groups continue to work in their original structures and for that reason i am only able to answer where the BRFC Action Group is at in terms of its current position.

As has been well documented, with the incident involving Paul and Robert Coar last week, we have issued a statement on the matter, which i will be discussing with interested media outlets tomorrow, however for the time being i won't be posting anything on the internet about this particular incident, as we await Mr Coar to accept the invitation to carry out his threat.

In terms of what the group has done since the open meeting? we have taken on board all the suggestions, offers to help and have begun to draft extra people in to assist. Again i will stress, anyone who has not been contacted, will be contacted.

• We have a press release going out imminently with protest plans announced for the three home games in October, this is in conjunction with the Ewood Blues.
  • We have thousands of leaflets ready to be distributed at the two home games before the Wolves game, promoting the 1875 protest, this again is being done in conjunction with the Ewood Blues.
  • Following the open meeting a 'fighting fund' was put into place as proposed, this will be going public along with the protest announcements in the coming days, again this is being done in conjunction with the Ewood Blues
  • We have held various meetings with investigative journalists
  • We have taken the decision as a group, following incidents last Thursday to halt all communication with the football club
  • We remain open to ideas from everyone who contacts us and will discuss and meet with those people

Whilst we have been putting eggs into baskets, a framework in place and getting everything ready to go for this week (chosen due to it being international weekend), i completely acknowledge the lack of communication has been frustrating and i'll hold my hands up and admit, unacceptable, and i personally, along with Paul will ensure that we are here daily (fitting around our work schedules) to answer and discuss peoples proposals and concerns.

As i said i can only speak on behalf of what the BRFC Action Group is up to, and to a lot of respects the Ewood Blues, as i am in daily contact with Birdy and all the initiatives in place are being organised by both the BRFC Action Group and the Ewood Blues.

Archived