BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] "walk With Birdy" - 18/75 Protest - Wolves Sky Game

Stuart

Kamy you are an apologist. Lots of great work in past...but 'boycotters' are invisibles.

We are watching a dying animal. For most of us it has been the ever-present in our lives, sometimes with little in the way of rewards,which made the good times even better when they came.

Now the whole thing has turned toxic and WE have to take various actions.

My vision is a new group of Owners and me signing up for a 'Gold' 6 year Season-ticket for a 1000 pounds and a new era for OUR Club. Believe me the real effort will be the 'resurrection' not the current'insurrection'.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was talking to an FC United fan at the weekend, they've had some turmoil with different fan groups pulling in different directions, sounded very familiar.

But a small group of 20 protested got on the pitch and caused disruption, food for thought maybe.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/fans-angry-fc-united-board-11267616

In my opinion 30% of attendees participating in 1875 protest is a good result.

Try and get at least half of the 'undecided' to participate and we are up to 40% which would be a really significant number.

I see those figures as good news and am actually encouraged.

We should all put in some effort to get the 'undecided' to take part. I guess the score in the match at 75 minutes will determine how many fans decide to take part on the day.

I am breaking my boycott to take part - first match since half way through last season. Where are most of the protesters sitting? I guess a mass departure from one stand may have the most visible affect.

Do I expect Saturday to be a tipping point? No not by a long way, but there was a call by many for a return of protests and here we are. How many will join us is anyone's guess many of the original protesters have long since moved on to other interests.

What does amaze me is when I read many posting online, I wont be doing 18 75 its a massive game and we need to back the boys for 90 minutes. A few points here,

There have been no protests inside the ground now for a couple of seasons, have results improved?........No not in my opinion
Its a massive game? The fact we have what is deemed a relegation 6 pointer before Halloween is on us shows the direction we are heading in and the confidence in Venkys and Coyle
Thirdly, back the boys for 90 minutes, the atmosphere has been shocking for some time now and lately like a closed library, what do these who claim to back the boys do every game?
I respect all fans views on protesting, either join in or don't but please don't pretend that we are about to disturb a winning team with a passionate vociferous support.

Sheesh I am not being an apologist.

The problem is that the press are expecting the majority of fans to take part in this protest (as per what has happened at other clubs). It appears from my poll and reading stuff on social media that this will not be the case so what will happen is that the press will take this and run with the minority of fans lines which is the last thing that we need.

I am boycotting and am in favour of protests but not ones that will ultimately do more damage to the cause.

Unfortunately, Kamy, I think your analysis is a good one. At the very least, we would need to ensure the 1875 thing is not the only action on the day, but this is the action that has been published widely in the media, hence the risk of undermining the cause.

I think there is an unholy coming together of issues, that is playing right into the hands of Venky's, Anderson, Crescendo and the avoidant FA.

Aside from the "normalcy bias" and denial of abuse, even as it is happening, I have a real sense of ground down hopelessness after 6 years of slow torture.

What we need is something to ignite the anger. It may even happen organically during the game. It is a great shame that the fanfare around WAR has not only been a massive anti- climax, but has had the unintended consequence of undermining motivation.

We need leadership here...someone, some people, who cannot be defined out by a cynical public, as being in it for their own ends etc...

i think we should go along with the protest on Saturday, most of the fans on twitter will probably be not turning up on Saturday anyway. If we keep quiet that would send a message out to the venkys we are not bothered.

I have begun to wonder whether this is part of Venly's and co-owners' strategy....to wear down the supporters to such an extent that attendances become so low that the club and its infrastructure arenot affordable. Hence, they arrive at a position, where they can say they have no choice but to wind down the club....conveniently forgetting that it is their own doing, aided and abetted by the FA ...

I was talking to an FC United fan at the weekend, they've had some turmoil with different fan groups pulling in different directions, sounded very familiar.

But a small group of 20 protested got on the pitch and caused disruption, food for thought maybe.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/fans-angry-fc-united-board-11267616

Perhaps the mural money might have been better used employing 'rent a mob' to get on the pitch and disrupt this game.

i fear the protest won't happen if we take an early lead on saturday, if we are losing early on then i think more fans will take part in the walkout. I am sure all the stewards on the turnstiles will be searching fans on entrance to the ground and will not let any banners inside the staduim as well.

Where are most of the protesters sitting? I guess a mass departure from one stand may have the most visible affect.

I would have thought the Blackburn and Darwen ends, Th Riverside will have no visual impact for the cameras.

In reply to Iceman, Because I'd have to pay to do something I no longer want to do, attend Rovers games. I will not attend matches means I will not attend matches. No compromise on that. I've compromised on it before. I said no more then went back when Lambert was appointed. I won't be sucked back in again. Fair play to anyone who does decide to do that but for me enough is finally enough. I can't go back on that even for something I feel has certain merits

Fair enough mrs G

there are going to be problems on sat,kick off time is the main one.fans are going to be in the pub for hours before hand.drink will play a major part,the police will be out in force,over zealous stwearding sp .you going to demonstrate stay sober,you will be antagonised but its for the greater cause.its took 5 yrs for most people to boycott so cut some slack to those who choose to attend.i have said on another thread the club can curb the impact by making those on the concourse move,those outside waiting to enter by shutting the turnstiles,i think the 18mins will be a disaster but 75 mins could really work if we are winning,but i can see that working against the demo,2-1 up with 15 to play who will leave?birdy?

This might be the one game, where that alcohol might play a part it seems. It could turn ugly pretty quick.

A brilliant protest will get the attention of the media, they love a good story. Make it controversial, and they will love it more. They will show more interest in that, than the game.

Sent from my Zenith using Tapatalk

That's a one off for Bristol City unless they start topping the league but there's a potential big club there.

When Newcastle fans protested around a thousand marched, they get 45k in a catchment area of around four hundred thousand probably.

Anfield had about 50k on and around 5k walked out in protest mostly from one area of the ground.

Some perspective is needed here and calling it off can be dressed up far bigger to those in India than any actual protest no matter how small. It's a start and it's a warning shot if nothing else i suppose.

Tv cameras were all over those 5000 fans leaving though. So if itcan at least be spread around the ground, ie fans leaving, that no so bad.

Btw, should have drawn something up whereby people can indicate they are protesting and which area of the ground they will be at. Then those who need to buy a ticket, buy one from a section of the ground that hasnt been taken yet. At least then you can see what still needs to be done

Whilst not planning on joining in with the movement, I support those who want to do.

My biggest problem is the direct message to Venkys.

If they were going to be at the ground, in their seats, then I'd join in.

The fact its on Sky makes no difference in my opinion, they probably don't watch the matches anyway, plus with the time difference, 22:00 kick off Pune time, they'll probably just watch the highlights.

Whilst not planning on joining in with the movement, I support those who want to do.

The fact its on Sky makes no difference in my opinion, they probably don't watch the matches anyway, plus with the time difference, 22:00 kick off Pune time, they'll probably just watch the highlights.

Or lowlights, before they turn the lights out

Pune Towers will probably be tuned into the Liverpool match on telly at the same time. As will most people apart from the Wolverhampton and Blackburn areas :(

I think all attending should act.

In 6 years, we've gone from a very viable top 10 PL club to a club whose goal this season seemingly amounts to Championship survival.

If we had taken note of Chamberlain, we could now have been a minion state of Nazi Germany.

Listen to the Churchillians and act. I think even if only 2 to 3 thousand take part, it will have a huge impact. Time for happy clapping, sitting on your hands, burying heads in sand have long since gone - I think we are well down the slippery slope to oblivion. Enough is surely enough.

I think all attending should act.

In 6 years, we've gone from a very viable top 10 PL club to a club whose goal this season seemingly amounts to Championship survival.

If we had taken note of Chamberlain, we could now have been a minion state of Nazi Germany.

Listen to the Churchillians and act. I think even if only 2 to 3 thousand take part, it will have a huge impact. Time for happy clapping, sitting on your hands, burying heads in sand have long since gone - I think we are well down the slippery slope to oblivion. Enough is surely enough.

well said

If anyone on here is not joining in with the protest can you please explain to me why? For me personally I can't understand why any rovers fan would not want to protest against the chicken farmers. This isn't about the team or even the manager this is about the scumbags who own our once great club. It's one game to make a bit more noise and enter the ground a bit later and leave a bit earlier for Christ sake our crowds are shocking currently so we need as many people as possible partaking. We should all be united but no once again the "Rovers Fans" and "boycotters" are at loggerheads. Saturday is about sending a message and whether the venkys are watching the game or not who cares the message is the same. Come on lads #VenkysOut

Will Belaji not be tuning in to see how his coupon is doing? Wolves for that final leg of his accumulator, surely is a major attraction to him. He might even have a few rupees with the local underground bookmaker that there is a goal after the 88th minute. ALLEGEDLY.

Match day experience is obviously more important than getting venkys out

Haha yeah that unbelievable match day experience of sitting in a morgue watching Jason Lowe give the ball away, yeah can't break out of that routine for one game! 😂😂

I was going to protest & had even explained it to my daughter who was also up for it - she's always one of the first to join in with the 'venkys out' chants.

Unfortunately i'm working on sat night & the change in KO means I/we can no longer attend. Fortunately though, it does mean at least that our seats will be empty.

I'll be with you in spirit though (quite literally it being a Halloween night i'm DJing at.)

Starting to sound to me like this is to be a flop, possibly backfire in the worst possible way. We need thise not attending due to boycitting to attend and be part if the protest. A couple of hundred participating is going to look poor.

Archived