BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Graham Hawkins

JohnD

Really saddened by this. He was a hard man when the game was hard. I maintain that he helped Derek Fazackerley become the player he was after playing alongside him.

Another hero gone for me. RIP Graham and condolences to his family.

Was it Graham Hawkins that scored that 45 yarder into the Darren end, might be getting confused with one of the other centre halves of the time

think that was John McNamee. But very sad to hear the news about Graham - great memories from great times - no money but shed loads of spirit and passion at Ewood in those days

I met him at O'Connor's dentists in Darwen when I was just a kid of about 11 or 12. He was a lovely man, spent ages talking to me even though he had just had anaesthetic and probably felt as if he was drooling all over the place! RIP Mr Hawkins and condolences to your family.

think that was John McNamee. But very sad to hear the news about Graham - great memories from great times - no money but shed loads of spirit and passion at Ewood in those days

It's a strange thing but we often had pretty weak teams but we invariably had terrific keepers and centre-backs.

You could fill a page with them.

Immense for the Rovers in 74/75 season , a proper player when the game was played by men !

Rip and thanks for the memories !

Hard but lest anyone gets the wrong impression, very fair I thought, not like McNamee who certainly wasn't averse to kicking lumps out of an opponent if the occasion required.

Archived