BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford Saturday 19Th November

Paul

Thing is, we're all missing it or we wouldn't be here looking for the slightest chance that we might get rid of the corrupt regime that runs our club, their associates and hangers-on, and get a decent club back with a manager who has at least a clue and players who, however poor, give their all for the club and its fans. The day will come. I just hope it's before we actually do stop caring and missing the buzz of being at Ewood supporting Rovers

While I absolutely don't disagree with your general point gumboots at all, I do think it would be extremely harsh to suggest that the players didn't give everything they had on Saturday. After a sluggish start (to say the least) they did battle back well to get their noses in front and - particularly in the last ten minutes - they were literally putting their bodies on the line to protect the lead.

I have absolutely no problem with their efforts at all.

Everything else is as you describe.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thing is, we're all missing it or we wouldn't be here looking for the slightest chance that we might get rid of the corrupt regime that runs our club, their associates and hangers-on, and get a decent club back with a manager who has at least a clue and players who, however poor, give their all for the club and its fans. The day will come. I just hope it's before we actually do stop caring and missing the buzz of being at Ewood supporting Rovers

The players gave their all for the shirt. Everybody put a real shift in. Effort and committed is there

While I absolutely don't disagree with your general point gumboots at all, I do think it would be extremely harsh to suggest that the players didn't give everything they had on Saturday. After a sluggish start (to say the least) they did battle back well to get their noses in front and - particularly in the last ten minutes - they were literally putting their bodies on the line to protect the lead.

Good point. Actually, in terms of effort and commitment, I was much more concerned about some of the performances by apparently far superior players under Steve Kean...Spurs away , being one of several examples.

But the concerns here are not about the commitment,effort and good faith of players.....

Result didn't concern me as the weather over in York was lovely !

Nice weekend away, plenty of scran and shopping, walking and enjoying myself rather than down at Ewood watching that bloody clown trying to play manager.

Sad thing about it is that I didn't MISS it one bit !

Sorry mate, you don't convince. I bet you were on the iphone checking twitter every two minutes (or stopping at the TV shop windows) :rover:

Vital win which just about keeps us in touch with the pack. However I thought it was an extremely fortuitous 3 points as we sat back far too much inviting pressure from well before the hour mark and the situation wasn't helped by inexplicable substitutions by Coyle, firstly replacing Graham with Nyambe instead of us going like for like then repeating the mistake with us desperately trying to cling onto the lead by replacing a central midfielder with a wide man. By the end no-one looked as if they knew where anyone was meant to be playing but they did put in a tremendous amount of effort putting bodies on the line to maintain the lead.

At the moment the win and three points are all that matter and we need a lot more of those. Not too sure we'll get them like that though.

as you were there and I wasn't I'm prepared to accept that they gave their all on Saturday. But looking through match reports from other games it would seem it's not always the case for all of them, although, given all the garbage that goes on behind the scenes, I wouldn't blame any player for finding it hard to keep motivation going. Yes they are well paid pros but even well paid pros need leadership, direction and fitness to give their very best

First time I have been in on here for a while.

I am told by a colleague from the Rovers Control Room that the 'real' gate for the game on Saturday was 6,809.

Its not the first time that the 'real gate' has been claimed at somewhere around the 7,000 mark this season whilst announced at 10,000+ by the club.

We all know why the club is announcing the gate as higher than it actually is, and it would be unfair to suggest Rovers are the only club that does it, infact most clubs do it, albeit not to the level we've seen recently.

If it is true, and I've no reason to doubt it, then that means that Rovers have either lied about the number of season tickets sold, or that there are 2,500 season ticket holders not turning up for games and pretty much zero walk on fans.

Gates are slowly sinking to 1970s levels - when we were in the old third division. Heavens knows how low they'll be next season if we go down.

Probably not that dissimilar to our recent cup gate. Between 3k-4k.

My lad still wants to go even if we go down but then he's really getting interested in the youth team as well so the low crowds probably won't faze him.

Gates are slowly sinking to 1970s levels - when we were in the old third division. Heavens knows how low they'll be next season if we go down.

Even if we go down gates will increase if the ownership changes for the better.

I hate to think what it will be like if these goons are still with us.

10,000+ home fans on Saturday?

We all know that the 'attendance' was nothing like it, but I am interested to how they get to the 10,000 figure.

8000ish ST holders ( though plenty don't turn up- I personally knew 7 ST holders that didn't attend on Saturday).

8k ST holders must mean then that 2000 people actually bought a matchday ticket? Hmmmm! So how many of these 'issued' tickets are just complimentaries, the majority of which are obviously never used but counted anyway?

Whatever chicanery the club is getting up to, the truth is Ewood is an empty shell of a place, so very sad.

I thought the club had claimed that season ticket sales were around the 9,000 mark, which is about 1,000 less than last season. Maybe I've imagined that but that was my recollection from the supporters meeting.

If they've shifted 9,000 season tickets that still leaves a black hole of about 1,200 on Saturday. Brentford shifted about 300ish so presumably the club reckons they sold 1,200 Rovers tickets on top of all season ticket holders.

The ground is an empty shell and it will only get worse whilst these charlatans are running the show. This isn't the 70s or 80s. Society has changed beyond recognition, as has football. This is 2016 and we've got a club that lies through its teeth on several levels when all those present can see what's really going on.

Rather than face up to their crimes and admit the horrific truth about attendances and accept they are almost wholly responsible for them we'll continue to get outrageous propaganda from Cheston and his buddies at the Telegraph and Radio Lancs playing the small town small club game which achieves nothing other than justification for further cuts and scaling back.

Vital win which just about keeps us in touch with the pack. However I thought it was an extremely fortuitous 3 points as we sat back far too much inviting pressure from well before the hour mark and the situation wasn't helped by inexplicable substitutions by Coyle, firstly replacing Graham with Nyambe instead of us going like for like then repeating the mistake with us desperately trying to cling onto the lead by replacing a central midfielder with a wide man. By the end no-one looked as if they knew where anyone was meant to be playing but they did put in a tremendous amount of effort putting bodies on the line to maintain the lead.

At the moment the win and three points are all that matter and we need a lot more of those. Not too sure we'll get them like that though.

sounds like the dingle tries his best to upset a team that is winning,when will it end.

Archived