SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Brentford Saturday 19Th November

Paul

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Massive 3 points but Coyle tried his best to throw it away we were sat so deep a goal would have come soon.

Still some would say he made changes to see the game out and did that.

Glad to see Nyambe on and Feeney who shouldn't have been selected actually played well mostly.

Referee was abysmal with both sets of fans with no idea what he would do next

A very welcome win. Never thought it would be anything else. A very profitable start to the weekend - hope my Italian restaurant has a bottle or two of Tignanello in stock tonight.

Rovers were 13/10 on my bookie of choice today so how much did you lump on to make it 'very profitable' Merce? I'd assume 50 minimum (if a couple of bottles of tignanello are on the cards) so what about a screen shot?? Not that anyone on here would doubt your assertions of course.

• Backroom

If we keep conceding at the rate we are, there's no chance we stay up. Simple as that. We're keeping ourselves in touch with the other losers of the division, but without changing manager we're destined for the drop this season. Without changing owners we're destined for the drop anyway.

Rovers were 13/10 on my bookie of choice today so how much did you lump on to make it 'very profitable' Merce? I'd assume 50 minimum (if a couple of bottles of tignanello are on the cards) so what about a screen shot?? Not that anyone on here would doubt your assertions of course.

What bookies was that?I got 17/10 on coral online at about 12:30 today

I want to be pleased about today's result. Here's why I'm not...

1) This keeps the imposter in post for another half dozen defeats - with the blessing of the hardcore

2) We are now going to have to repeat the nauseating game of watching, our now captain and mainstay, be played in the centre of midfield until such time as he is injured or put back to right back. Been here before and suffered. Do we really have to do this again??

3) Another inept tactical performance. The wrong line up and change of positions allowed Brentford to catch us cold. Poor substitutions handed the initiative to the opposition as the game wore on. Again. Another horrendous last 20 minutes of a game from a fan perspective. Could so easily have been 3-3.

4) We are now just about able to compete with the likes of Brentford, with a penalty and own-goal, and despite victory and the three points we remain in the relegation places such is how low we have sunk - and worsened under Coyle.

The only good thing about today was the impeccable minutes' silence and the Last Post bugle. Still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, almost in reverence. (Shame on you FIFA).

Laddies. I put my acca on at 2:15

Ladbrokes are so tight with their odds,Coral had us at 13/8 when I got up,by the time I put bet on 17/10...wasn't confident but 17/10 or 13/8 decent price.Won on a treble,rovers,city and Bolton.But Everton cost me a good profit today on a 6 team acca I had Rovers in aswell but at least il get my money back as a free bet

Ladbrokes are so tight with their odds,Coral had us at 13/8 when I got up,by the time I put bet on 17/10...wasn't confident but 17/10 or 13/8 decent price.Won on a treble,rovers,city and Bolton.But Everton cost me a good profit today on a 6 team acca I had Rovers in aswell but at least il get my money back as a free bet

Portsmouth killed me on a HT acca. Had a throwaway 3 quid on 5 teams for 180 quid. Had Carlisle on it as well who bagged the winner on 97 mins.

I want to be pleased about today's result. Here's why I'm not...

1) This keeps the imposter in post for another half dozen defeats - with the blessing of the hardcore

2) We are now going to have to repeat the nauseating game of watching, our now captain and mainstay, be played in the centre of midfield until such time as he is injured or put back to right back. Been here before and suffered. Do we really have to do this again??

3) Another inept tactical performance. The wrong line up and change of positions allowed Brentford to catch us cold. Poor substitutions handed the initiative to the opposition as the game wore on. Again. Another horrendous last 20 minutes of a game from a fan perspective. Could so easily have been 3-3.

4) We are now just about able to compete with the likes of Brentford, with a penalty and own-goal, and despite victory and the three points we remain in the relegation places such is how low we have sunk - and worsened under Coyle.

The only good thing about today was the impeccable minutes' silence and the Last Post bugle. Still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand up, almost in reverence. (Shame on you FIFA).

1. Coyle isn't the problem - given the money he wasn't given - we are actually playing some very good football at times - intermingled with some absolutely awful defending. But given the fact we current have two midfield players playing at centre half - we did well today.

2. Our captain had a good game today I thought

3. Given the injury situation the team virtually picked itself. Choices like Lowe in centre mid and Feeney starting actually paid off.

4. Our current position really isn't Coyle's fault - not saying it would have been any better if he had been given a far crack of the whip in the transfer market - but the issue is with the owners not their choice of manager (and to be clear he wouldnt be my choice).

Agree on your final point about the minutes silence.

Lowe's pass straight to their midfielder in the build up to their first goal is mouth wide open appalling! A win is a win I suppose.

IMO Lowe played overall quite well today.

What about Marshall ? a favourite player of mine but today found Brentford players as often as he did Rovers players (some absolutely awful chips forward straight to their players).

13/10 was a poor price. You could have got 17/10 with the likes of BetVictor and Bet365 up to kick-off and 7/4 had been available at various times with a number of bookies over the last 24 hours.

Had a strong gut feel about today's match and as Haydock was kind to me yesterday, I had a nice little bet - winnings more than enough to cover a couple of bottles of Tignanello tonight. As for a screen shot, do me a favour - will matter not one iota whether my 'assertions' are doubted when I savour the sophisticated Tuscan wine.

1. Coyle isn't the problem - given the money he wasn't given - we are actually playing some very good football at times - intermingled with some absolutely awful defending. But given the fact we current have two midfield players playing at centre half - we did well today.

3. Given the injury situation the team virtually picked itself. Choices like Lowe in centre mid and Feeney starting actually paid off.

4. Our current position really isn't Coyle's fault - not saying it would have been any better if he had been given a far crack of the whip in the transfer market - but the issue is with the owners not their choice of manager (and to be clear he wouldnt be my choice).

IMO Lowe played overall quite well today.

What about Marshall ? a favourite player of mine but today found Brentford players as often as he did Rovers players (some absolutely awful chips forward straight to their players).

My bad the shocking pass was Marshall not Lowe.

Look around at other sides in this division. Do they really all have better players than us? Really?

By and large they do however have better managers than us.

Managers always live and die by their results - regardless of the budget - and it was ever thus.

Except at Venky's Blackburn Rovers.

We won so we have to be thankful for that and say well done to the players. Perspective needed though as we let a goal in inside 35 secs for gods sake and could easily have shipped another we also won courtesy of an own goal and spent parts of the second half hanging on.

I feel this win is one of those that came despite the manager.

13/10 was a poor price. You could have got 17/10 with the likes of BetVictor and Bet365 up to kick-off and 7/4 had been available at various times with a number of bookies over the last 24 hours.

Had a strong gut feel about today's match and as Haydock was kind to me yesterday, I had a nice little bet - winnings more than enough to cover a couple of bottles of Tignanello tonight. As for a screen shot, do me a favour - will matter not one iota whether my 'assertions' are doubted when I savour the sophisticated Tuscan wine.

You're becoming a caracature of yourself, Merce.

Archived