BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enders (Knob) V Mighty Rovers

tomphil

Where is all this 20 mill per season budget and 25 mill per season to cover losses still coming from ??? Seen a few on twitter papping on about this again the other day, people who should know better !

If after all the sales and general dumbing down of the squad hasn't significantly reduced that then call the cops now......

Anyway went to the boxing so not seen the game yet but as usual iv'e seen endless referrals to Lowe again and not just here but i don't know why. As iv'e said almost weekly whenever he plays midfield we've done it to death over the last 4 years and we've seen it time after time, barring the odd game which suits him he's more of a hinderance than help, a poor player end of. If we are honest we have to say we've not really prospered with of without him but he also brings out the worst in Evans imo when they pair up.

One thing about him that's widely acknowledged is he must be the most pointless captain in the clubs history. Something stinks beyond even the most stinkiest stuff under this regime in regards to his first name on the teamsheet whenever fit under whoever is boss. Basically though the whole midfield needs a complete over haul.

I used to have to put up with so much stick about my irrational hatred of Lowe. I think people felt sorry for him. A limited footballer but decent athlete with a nice guy demeanour. When Coyle made him captain even his most ardent defenders went quiet.

The captain has a really important role. He must command respect from the other players, either through reputation, ability, or presence. He has none of these traits, he's just the longest serving. His appearance figures have been gifted to him by Bowyer on the back of being an OPTA compilers dream and having a good engine. If he hasn't been scouted he'd have been running around with pieces of A4 strapped to his front and back.

We really have been mugged to have players like him and a manager like Coyle. Replace both with any other Championship standard alternative and we'd be immediately better off.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In regards to the question, obviously I am not an investor so cannot judge properly but, if I had lots of money and supported Rovers as I do, then yes I would buy Rovers.

Clearly I diehard Rovers fan millionaire would spend that on the club cos he is a fan and has passion for the club.

an Investor from the middle east or far east or America will be looking at it from a investor point of view and hopefully invest sensible money into the club

£25 million a year to cover the debt? Says who? We don't know how much the club is losing, but we can be sure it is more than it would be if we had a proper structure in place rather than this sham.

We don't need £20 million spending budget. Preston have spent next to nothing and I'd bet that their wage bill is in a similar ball park to ours, yet they are mid table/top half and making progress whilst we're going into League One. That's because they're managed properly in the boardroom and on the training ground, whereas we aren't. They aren't losing £25 million a year, don't have to sell their best players all the time and only get 10,000 a week turning up. So the myth that little Rovers can't sustain Championship football on low gates and low income has been proven wrong.

are Venkys going to paid the debt off before selling the club or look to sell it with the club?

I agree any new owner must put into place a proper structure with a Chairman with football experience in charge. A manager with good knowledge and eye for bargain signings. Maybe even a director of football/head coach structure like Sheffield Wednesday have. I have always been impress by Carvalhal and the style of play he has his team played. But I had never heard of him before he got the job.

I was very impressed with Callum Robinson yesterday and was a player I mention us signing when we sold Gestede to Villa.

I mention a 20 million pounds spending budget cos any new owner will be looking to get into the Premier League as soon as we can. that's where the money is. Also the 20 million pounds could be used for transfer budget and wages. But he need a manager who can spot a player.

Bring on relegation and then administration and then another relegation if necessary , only way I can see to get rid of the Venkys ...

We will reach such depths with them only a matter of time ....

But the coming back up, without Venkys will be fun, I just hope I live long enough to see and participate in it.

Clearly I diehard Rovers fan millionaire would spend that on the club cos he is a fan and has passion for the club.

an Investor from the middle east or far east or America will be looking at it from a investor point of view and hopefully invest sensible money into the club

are Venkys going to paid the debt off before selling the club or look to sell it with the club?

I agree any new owner must put into place a proper structure with a Chairman with football experience in charge. A manager with good knowledge and eye for bargain signings. Maybe even a director of football/head coach structure like Sheffield Wednesday have. I have always been impress by Carvalhal and the style of play he has his team played. But I had never heard of him before he got the job.

I was very impressed with Callum Robinson yesterday and was a player I mention us signing when we sold Gestede to Villa.

I mention a 20 million pounds spending budget cos any new owner will be looking to get into the Premier League as soon as we can. that's where the money is. Also the 20 million pounds could be used for transfer budget and wages. But he need a manager who can spot a player.

We just need new owners end of because one of the main problems with Venkys is the way they insist on running the club and the involvement of others in the running of it. It's not actually all about money and anyone coming in with a clear plan and the intention to appoint experienced people to oversee it will outweigh the money side.

If someone came in and gave a 20 million per season all in for budget and to service existing external debt (not the 100 mill) for just a couple of years but employed the right people and ran the club correctly then things would improve straight away. What kind of budget do Huddersfield/Preston or Brum have for instance ?

The problem is Venkys and partners not money and even if they threw money at it they'd cock it up again. We need a change of ownership in order for any improvement at the club however small.

how ? you didnt go and you always say if you dont go you cant have an opinon.You forever go on Jal for not going yet here you go again

We just need new owners end of because one of the main problems with Venkys is the way they insist on running the club and the involvement of others in the running of it. It's not actually all about money and anyone coming in with a clear plan and the intention to appoint experienced people to oversee it will outweigh the money side.

If someone came in and gave a 20 million per season all in for budget and to service existing external debt (not the 100 mill) for just a couple of years but employed the right people and ran the club correctly then things would improve straight away. What kind of budget do Huddersfield/Preston or Brum have for instance ?

The problem is Venkys .

I agree totally with this post and yes you are very right about appointing the right people and having a proper structure in place whether its a manager or director of football/head coach structure.

You have mention Birmingham, Preston and Huddersfield in the post and they all have the right structure in place.

Birmingham have a good manager in Rowett and left to run the football side. He has spend some money this season but last season he couldn't sign a player for above 8k a week last season. But Birmingham had a good season last season and wouldn't be surprise if they get top 6 this season.

Preston have Grayson as manager who some Preston fans wanted rid of not so long ago. But Grayson has a eye for player like Johnson or Robinson. Has had some poor signings but buys the players for the style of play and formation used there.

Huddersfield, Last season they took a huge risk in sacking Powell and bring Wagner in. Their owner admitted it was a huge risk but something he wanted to do. Their fans are very happy and enjoying the style and attacking play. Think they spend 3 or 4 million on signings but they all fit Wagner style of play and formation.

Useless, no urgency no passion , to slow, no creativity, utter @#/? Feeny and Lowe should never start or play for us again

Nail on the head there... Go through the side the lowe and feeney should be nowhere near the starting eleven then Marshall he's not bothered the loanees only here because there not good enough for their parent clubs no one else wants them.. This really is the worst rover's side for decades.. My only hope is that there are some other very poor sides wigan forest Rotherham etc which may just about keep us up... Fourth bottom will do at the moment

The key issue of our season is the weaknesses we have down the spine of the team. When you have midfielders who are apparently better than your defenders then something is going wrong...Whether we stay up or down next year we need to re-address the squad. We have so many dam midfielders it is becoming a joke. We need to sell the likes of Greer, Akpan, Guthrie, Evans or Lowe, and Brown, send back Hendry and Byrne, and bring in 2 actual centre backs, a right back, and a creative midfielder, and a box to box midfielder.

Before everyones jumps on me, I am aware of the Venky's situation, I am aware of Cheston, and of Coyle and I am aware the likelyhood of having a transfer budget is very little, but I enjoy covering other topics other than just pointing out the obvious.

On a side note i loved the backing from the Fans yesterday at the Stadium, I am disheartened thought that while we all have the same identity at heart being Rovers that we are unable to actually create something that regroups everyone, to bring them towards a common goal. I mean from WAR which I haven't heard anything from, to other groups, it is insane, I want to get involve where I can not being based in Blackburn makes it even harder, but while I don't have the facts of everything that has happened over the last 6 years people need to put their hands up and get involved. Even surprised that when I had the opportunity to at least get information on Balaji and put forward my help no one got back to me.

• Backroom

Sell them to who?

Indeed :lol: Guthrie, Greer and Brown couldn't get a proper club despite being free agents and ended up here, who the hell would pay money for them?

Reading let a contracted Akpan leave on a free just to get rid of him.

If Lowe was released on a free today he would end up signing at least one league below where we are right now. These clubs don't have money to pay for below average Championship players so we can forget making money from him. Giving him the captaincy only further highlights his inadequacies.

Evans is the only one we MIGHT be able to sell due to his international reputation, but I wouldn't expect any more than £300k for him.

Feeney has got to be one of the laziest players I have ever seen. I have tried to stick up for him on the basis that he can put a ball in but a winger at championship level needs far more attributes than that.

He did something completely unforgivable yesterday - shortly into the second half he cut in from the right around the half way line, played a poor ball across, it got intercepted and they hit us on the counter. That doesn't bother me as we are all guilty of losing the ball every now and then.

It was his reaction, or lack of, which upset me. He did absolutely nothing to attone for this. He should have been sprinting back and doing his defensive duties. He just strolled back about 5 yards despite the fact the Preston left winger was bombing on. Luckily their attack came to nothing. Immediately after this the sky commentator said Emnes was coming on and Feeney was hauled off, suggesting Coyle was equally unimpressed.

My pet hate in playing football is somebody not chasing back after they have lost the ball! Feeney shouldn't play again.

Bring on relegation and then administration and then another relegation if necessary , only way I can see to get rid of the Venkys ...

We will reach such depths with them only a matter of time ....

I really don't know where this notion of relegation(s) = Venks leaving. I see the club being gone before they are. They are not leaving and they could give 2 hoots about us dropping down divisions, they have shown that. No, the only way they leave is when there is no Blackburn Rovers left fir them to own.

I really don't know where this notion of relegation(s) = Venks leaving. I see the club being gone before they are. They are not leaving and they could give 2 hoots about us dropping down divisions, they have shown that. No, the only way they leave is when there is no Blackburn Rovers left fir them to own.

I hope you are wrong, what a horrible thought. I think many are clinging on hoping they do leave.

For at least 5 years we've constantly conceded goals from midfielders arriving at the edge of our box without challenge. Their first goal was a classic of it's kind. We have Evans and Lowe in central midfield, both are defensive players and yet neither is there to pick up the runner. Basics. Our central midfield is pathetic and whoever plays there is equally poor. I think Mulgrew is probably the best we have in that position but he hasn't played there because he's either injured or filling in at the back. What a mess.

How easy was Steele beaten for Preston's first goal !

Really? It was good strike by Johnson. The closing down was poor by The midfielders.

Second goal, I dont know why Lenihan even hand ball it. Not sure if the Preston striker would have scored.

The 3rd goal I would agree was poor. Steele should have got a better hand on it and tip it around the post.

Feeney has got to be one of the laziest players I have ever seen. I have tried to stick up for him on the basis that he can put a ball in but a winger at championship level needs far more attributes than that.

He did something completely unforgivable yesterday - shortly into the second half he cut in from the right around the half way line, played a poor ball across, it got intercepted and they hit us on the counter. That doesn't bother me as we are all guilty of losing the ball every now and then.

It was his reaction, or lack of, which upset me. He did absolutely nothing to attone for this. He should have been sprinting back and doing his defensive duties. He just strolled back about 5 yards despite the fact the Preston left winger was bombing on. Luckily their attack came to nothing. Immediately after this the sky commentator said Emnes was coming on and Feeney was hauled off, suggesting Coyle was equally unimpressed.

My pet hate in playing football is somebody not chasing back after they have lost the ball! Feeney shouldn't play again.

Feeney is a very strange player - was ok at Bolton apparently - but put him in a blue and white halved shirt and his game falls to pieces. Played ok a couple of matches prior to Preston - but seems to be a case of one step forward, two steps back.

Steele not good enough. Ridiculous price at £1m.

Who is buying him for £1m ? because from what I recollect we paid nowhere near that much for him.

Steele not good enough. Ridiculous price at £1m.

He was 3rd choice at Boro so if they paid a million or even rising to a million without years of add ons or a sell on then it's another scandal.

I was under the impression they got him cheap with the hope of turning him into a million pound keeper to sell. Then again they were paying Clint 10k pwk to sit on the bench after he previously played for a skint club for about 3 grand a week, allegedly !

Archived