BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Enders (Knob) V Mighty Rovers

tomphil

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As soon as Mulgrew left the pitch the writing was on the wall....only he and Emnes had a clue and deserve to be loosely called " players".... the rest were DIRE....and as for the management.......no words suffice

If Coyle thinks Lowe and Feeney ever deserve to wear that shirt again we really are finished....where do we go from here???

No surprise we conceded as soon as Mulgrew went off. He looked a class above in that back four tonight. I honestly think if Jason Lowe was a free agent and went on trial at every league two club in the country he wouldn't get offered a contract. Think a draw would have been a fair result but that's just Rovers for you. I'm not really that bothered anymore if I'm honest Time to drink the night away regardless 😂

I don't have Sky, who was the commentator that said the owners are putting £30m per year in ?

He needs putting right on twitter.

What are our wages/payoffs this year?

That always tends to gulf whatever transfer fees are going back and forth. This year's accounts should prove interesting reading regardless...

---

Struck me as Coyle just getting it wrong in the 1st half. Thought he could lump it up to Graham and Gallagher and sit back with Lowe and Evans, but Gallagher can't win a header, and Preston kept good ball control. We were dying for Emnes, Stokes, or even Byrne in the no. 10 role. You can maybe argue Coyle had the right idea being away from home, but we have the personnel to take on Preston skill-wise... Much better in the second half, but those first 20 mins or so were pretty awful.

Conway was completely anonymous, Marshall was walked over in RB in the 1st half (dare I suggest a game Lowe should have been returned to RB), Lenihan didn't play up to his recent standard... Frustrating one. I'd say Graham, Williams, and Mulgrew were the only ones who truly acquited themselves well. Maybe Mulgrew was hurting, but I was surprised Greer came on for him and not Lenihan.

Greer was completely lost for their third, a direct result of having to go in at centre back cold. Mulgrew showed that he's likely our best player, but what's the point when he can't play three games in a row without getting injured?

Lowe and Evans doesn't have an attacking notion between them which forces us to attack down the flanks, and while both our goals came from there we rarely troubled their goal otherwise. We either need a third player in there, or to switch one of them for someone with more attacking impetus who can still defend and not be bullied out of the game.

Marshall is wasted at right back, and Gallagher was ineffective and played too far from their goal. Graham is a very solid striker at this level though, and I though Conway was our only midfield player to ever cause them any trouble.

Decent period of play second half when pressing for an equaliser, apart from that bit of positivity - we were wide open from first minute to last. Evans and Lowe in the key centre mid area offer nothing. Feeney and Conway make up a pretty talentless midfield.

In other words, every team should fancy their chances against us given our weaknesses. We are nowhere near good enough to be any kind of force in a pretty poor league. I don't see how it's going turn around.

Much much better second half and a deserved equaliser imo. Thought we got unlucky with both the Evans and Marshall penalty shouts.

Why do we have to go behind before we show any urgency though? So frustrating

Stood directly behind the goal. Marshal wasn't a penalty, nor a booking, Evans was 100% penalty and red card.

The human eye is an incredible organ, nature's most exquisite creation, 80% of what we learn is through the eye. The eye consists of over two million working parts. The eye is the second most complex organ after the brain. So why have I just subjected mine to something akin to gazing at the sun for two hours?

The only descent voice I heard all night was from Don Goodman *I think* in commentary, he slagged off the owners by name for putting us in this position.

With just under 3000 fans in attendance why the fook are they not calling for the owners heads of a silver plate? I heard no anti-venky chants all night?

WHY?

With just under 3000 fans in attendance why the fook are they not calling for the owners heads of a silver plate? I heard no anti-venky chants all night?

WHY?

Cos maybe the fans wanted to backed the players and the team to win?

You really think some Venkys out chants are going to force Venkys out? Chanting will have zero impact on there..

You really think some Venkys out chants are going to force Venkys out? Chanting will have zero impact on there..

Deluded.

Any acceptance of what's gone on and the continued sh1t show does more harm.

I just felt saddened and offended when watching how badly we struggled tonight.

OMG man. You don't have to play the superfan card every five minutes. Gav's another one who's been supporting Rovers since you were in nappies.

Wake up and smell the chicken @#/?.

It's literally like the Matrix being a Rovers fan. Those who have seen "behind the curtain" can't just plug back in and pretend all is well.

Whilst it's clear as daylight that we are nowhere near fit enough for this league, the referee should take some blame. Whilst I didn't see their penalty, people around me said it was handball - fair enough. However, Evans in the 2nd half was, as Paul rightly states, a penalty.

It's fine margins that define results in this league, and if we improved our fitness then I'm sure we would improve - but we all know that coyle will continue with the same useless training regime and the likes of Graham, who is a quality finisher, will continue to suffer as a result of this.

Oh, and some of the conversations I heard around me today were... interesting. "People will shout at Lowe for playing backpasses but then when he plays forward passes he gets grief" I heard after Lowe blazed an easy pass out of play. Lowe wouldn't get the grief he does if he wasn't so @#/? @#/?.

Another cracker was this one - "I hate all the fake fans who don't even attend home games but come out for this one". Ever heard of boycotting? I guess the fact that I came to this game as a one off whilst boycotting home games due to my hatred of venkys makes me a fake fan? To be honest I didn't even know that I was coming to this game until a couple of days ago anyway as my dad bought tickets and told me a few days before. Some really do need to get a grip.

And these are the same fans that alsoI'll shout "venkys out" and th not even join in with the likes of a 1875 protest.

The fact that I got a 90/100 distinction on my grade 7 guitar exam this morning is somewhat tsinted by the match this evening. Sorry for the rant but had to get it off my chest.

venkys out

Stood directly behind the goal. Marshal wasn't a penalty, nor a booking, Evans was 100% penalty and red card.

Marshall got kicked with the defenders follow through, so agreed.

Evans looked like a pen, but I think the rules for double jeopardy of a penalty and a red card have been changed, I think it's a red card outside the box, and a penalty and yellow in the box.

In relation to the game we made it far too easy for them, sat back, and conceded 1 decent and 2 very soft goals. You can't expect anything from a game if you don't defend better than that.

Archived