BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RIP Rovers Official Message board

pk1875

Indeed, busier the board the better. I commented on the Steve Kean thread that inexplicably ended up at the top of the board t'other week on how many posters have vanished over the Venky reign of terror.

So get your pals over here!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Psycho and newbies!

Good board here in my opinion, plenty of debate certainly. Ozz, Ste, Mike and Glenn amongst other mods like Paul do a great job on here too. I'd say we are quite a right wing board when it comes to Blackburn Rovers!

DodgyGambit was another good poster if I recall correctly.

50 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Welcome Psycho and newbies!

Good board here in my opinion, plenty of debate certainly. Ozz, Ste, Mike and Glenn amongst other mods like Paul do a great job on here too. I'd say we are quite a right wing board when it comes to Blackburn Rovers!

DodgyGambit was another good poster if I recall correctly.

He used to be a good 'un on the old 606 boards too. A group from there started their own forum when the old messageboards were shut down, but I don't know if they ever made a go of it. Some really good posters from back then that I don't think made their way over here unfortunately. Just Vinjay I think and least said about that the better..

• Backroom
Just now, pk1875 said:

Killed the official board imo, does he post on here?

It was his forum initially if I recall correctly but don't think he posts anymore 

• Backroom
Just now, pk1875 said:

Yeah I used to post on here back then, wish I could remember the password for the old account lol

I'm a newbie I wasn't posting then - I think I was still on Roverstalk, best keep quiet about the fact that Nicko's 11 o clockers got me onto this place!

Still the day we signed Riquelme was magical!

57 minutes ago, pk1875 said:

Killed the official board imo, does he post on here?

I couldn't tell you to be honest...not somebody I've ever spoken with. Like Tom says, he was one of the founding members on here IIRC then moved over to the club...we all have to earn a crust I guess :)

On Wed Mar 01 2017 at 8:41 AM, Amarillo said:

The official forum's death knell has been a long time coming.

Shutting down the IMDB boards was a bigger travesty...

Agree. What a joke. The main reason i went on imdb

10 hours ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

He used to be a good 'un on the old 606 boards too. A group from there started their own forum when the old messageboards were shut down, but I don't know if they ever made a go of it. Some really good posters from back then that I don't think made their way over here unfortunately. Just Vinjay I think and least said about that the better..

Dodgy Gambit was indeed on 606, can't recall any more from that site though, are there any on here?

Honourable mentions to Ben Coops and yourself Reidy!!

3 hours ago, broadsword said:

Someone slagged him for "selling out", might have been RevidgeBlue if I remember correctly. Apologies if not.

Dave Birch would know better, but Grooby bought the site from someone else in 1996 I think it was.

Lee took over the site in April 1996 from Rob Ivison. Basically a one page effort back then. Lee morphed it into an early version of what we see today. Glen and SteB refined it into this super sleek model.

They were funny times back then, invasions by school kids trying to be cool, lots of other fans coming on, some with abuse, others with a more mature approach.

I particularly remember the Barnsley mob coming on regularly, and us reciprocating on their website.

Lot's of late nights for me back then.

If anyone sees Lee, say "g'day" from me.

38 minutes ago, Blue Cabbage said:

Dodgy Gambit was indeed on 606, can't recall any more from that site though, are there any on here?

Honourable mentions to Ben Coops and yourself Reidy!!

Indeed what happened to Andy "sickboy" ?

12 hours ago, Reidy You're a Star said:

I was on 606. SKH and Rover Shaun as well. Others went to Roverstalk and another that the name escapes me. Good to have away fans chatting on 606, stupidity aside. Maybe an away fans section on here would be interesting. Vinjay freely admits he had issues, writes to me from time to time and is decent enough. We need all these posters back as theyre leaving is consistent with the lack of interest, fan erosion, downsizing and general malaise at the club. When i first came here it was much busier and its reflective of our hateful owners the lack of interest across our support in so many ways. The official board was badly promoted and zealously moderated.

• Backroom
13 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I remember a Bolton fab on 606 called zulus, thousand of em :) and Garners Pint n'fags

Didn't he post on here too? I'm sure I remember a zulu.

16 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I remember a Bolton fab on 606 called zulus, thousand of em :) and Garners Pint n'fags

What was your 606 tag out of interest? Was it BAWA? 

On 02/03/2017 at 0:31 AM, Psychosoma said:

Well, I've joined up here on PK's recommendation since the club have managed to wreck the official boards just like everything else they manage to touch.

A couple of mentions above which was nice to see, so thank you! Hopefully the conversation on here is more regular than over there towards the end.

Such a shame really, Ive made a lot of real life friends through those boards, the away day trips I had 2006/2007/2008 and over to Europe are some of the best times I've had, so I'm thankful for them for that, but I dont buy for one second that its changing habits for people stop going there.

For me it is a mix of overmoderation, a poisonous atmosphere during Keans time and general malaise towards the club in general that killed it. Add to that the fact the club never promoted the board and its no suprise it became a haunt of a core group of regulars often talking to themselves. That it ends so unceremoniously, and only noted because PK managed to get a reply from them (they didnt even bother to answer my email) just shows how much they could really give a crap.

Personally I HATE facebook as a tool for communicating with other fans, theres no way of getting good regular debate going and no easy way to build up relationships with other regular posters, even the ones you disagree with!

Anyway, glad to be here and I'll contribute when I can! Am I likely to get slaughtered if I post anything to defend Venkys in the future? LOL

Slaughtered is harsh... tarred and feathered will suffice!

Welcome aboard.

Archived