BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan at home

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, Tom said:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was as you were after the game with Burton and Bristol drawing as well.

That's like one of those grammar quizzes - where to put the comma(s).

Let's eat Grandma.

Just now, Stuart said:

That's like one of those grammar quizzes - where to put the comma(s).

Let's eat Grandma.

Digs at grammar and spelling on here are a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. Surely something better to moan about?

18 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Why on earth are you banging on about him again? He was poor last Friday, he's been poor when he has played for us. He should never have been signed. He "lacks confidence", the only way he'll get that back is through game time. Who the hell are we to allow him 4-5 games to get him back up to speed? We're in the bottom three for heavens sake. A ridiculous signing all round.

Banging on? You mentioned and responded to a message about him. Seems more like a discussion to me. 

I don't get your point that a player needs 4-5 games to get his confidence back. It isn't match fitness. 1 goal can do that for a striker. 

We are going to need all of our squad over the run in. I just find slating players without giving them an opportunity pretty unfair. 

8 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

So they know even less than those who have seen him play very recently and say he's shi.te? Case closed. See Bobs post above for further rebuff

I am sure they watch as much of Wednesday as we do of rovers,so would have a far more fact based view of the player than we do after seeing a few minutes here and there since he signed. 

Two pretty fluffy rebuffs if you ask me :D

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Banging on? You mentioned and responded to a message about him. Seems more like a discussion to me. 

I don't get your point that a player needs 4-5 games to get his confidence back. It isn't match fitness. A goal can do that for a striker. 

We are going to need all of our squad over the run in. I just find slating players without giving them an opportunity pretty unfair. 

I am sure they watch as much of Wednesday as we do of rovers,so would have a far .are fact based view of the player than we do after seeing a few minutes here and there since he signed. 

Two pretty fluffy rebuffs if you ask me :D

Ha ha - yeah! 

He's gone out on loan because he's not playing well. Simple as that. He's had an opportunity, and he's been poor. In my opinion.

I've hardly slated him, just said he's been poor. If he's daft enough to read this message board then more fool him.

Anyway, this is the Wigan thread. If you want to talk about him start a new thread. "Crap strikers we've got on loan who Paul knows"

6 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Digs at grammar and spelling on here are a bit like shooting fish in a barrel. Surely something better to moan about?

Tom knows I'm only joking. Calm your skin down.

Although it did take me a couple of reads!

1 minute ago, bob fleming said:

Ha ha - yeah! 

He's gone out on loan because he's not playing well. Simple as that. He's had an opportunity, and he's been poor. In my opinion.

I've hardly slated him, just said he's been poor. If he's daft enough to read this message board then more fool him.

Anyway, this is the Wigan thread. If you want to talk about him start a new thread. "Crap strikers we've got on loan who Paul knows"

I will be back when he scores a winning goal in the run in :D;)

2 hours ago, LewisF said:

Didn't see the match last night so just basing off what I've seen before to be honest. Given everything people have said about Nyambe's performance last night, I probably should have included him.

On Feeney and Conway though, both are very hot and cold (although the same could be said for a lot of our players). I personally think Bennett's our most consistent winger, so any 3 of Conway, Mahoney and Feeney could have made it on my lineup. Went with Mahoney To provide a spark with his pace and trickery, but likewise Conway or Feeney could have just as easily made it there. 

A veritable wealth of riches! :unsure:

23 minutes ago, bob fleming said:

Ha ha - yeah! 

Good post Bob.

To cater for the likes of BDS why don't we have one thread called " where I can post ridiculously contrary posts so I can wind people up and get noticed"? Just a thought! Would save the rest of us a lot of trouble

Just now, 47er said:

Good post Bob.

To cater for the likes of BDS why don't we have one thread called " where I can post ridiculously contrary posts so I can wind people up and get noticed"? Just a thought! Would save the rest of us a lot of trouble

It is called discussion. Do you not like when someone disagrees with you princess? Don't worry we can set up a new thread "where I can post and everyone agrees with me and my view of everything is never challenged,it is my happy place" Just a thought :)

Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

In relation to Jaoa. You don't need to watch 10 episodes of Eastenders to know it's carp. So I will take the word of thos who have seen hin the most recently rather than remote overseas posters

Would you not just watch him yourself and form an opinion then? Ah no,I suppose it makes more sense to base on opinion off guys you don't know on a message board who have seen him play for about 5 minutes. 

Is being a "remote overseas poster" now a bad thing? Are we not all remote? Or maybe you are posting from brfcc HQ? In which case I apologise. 

Anyways, as a poster mentioned earlier that they would like to see Joao start against Wigan. I'm not sure myself. I think Gallagher and Graham probably link up best together. Although Graham doesn't really offer much apart from finishing. Tough one for Mowbray. 

3 hours ago, LewisF said:

Didn't see the match last night so just basing off what I've seen before to be honest. Given everything people have said about Nyambe's performance last night, I probably should have included him.

On Feeney and Conway though, both are very hot and cold (although the same could be said for a lot of our players). I personally think Bennett's our most consistent winger, so any 3 of Conway, Mahoney and Feeney could have made it on my lineup. Went with Mahoney To provide a spark with his pace and trickery, but likewise Conway or Feeney could have just as easily made it there. 

careful! there are readers of this board that get touchy about Bennett being called a winger......................it was politely suggested that I hadn't seen much of him if I thought he was a winger [ for the record I think he's an honest, but unspectacular winger/wing back in the Chris Taylor mould, mates of mine down here who follow Bristol City have a similar view from when he was on loan there].

Others would have him as a central midfielder - interesting debating position I guess.  

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Anyways, as a poster mentioned earlier that they would like to see Joao start against Wigan. I'm not sure myself. 

I'd give your head a wobble if you are not sure if joao should start this game.  If anything, I'd say that he reminds me more of a central midfielder, like a shhit william carvalho....I think he could do ok deeper...not a forward.

13 minutes ago, Glosrover said:

careful! there are readers of this board that get touchy about Bennett being called a winger......................it was politely suggested that I hadn't seen much of him if I thought he was a winger [ for the record I think he's an honest, but unspectacular winger/wing back in the Chris Taylor mould, mates of mine down here who follow Bristol City have a similar view from when he was on loan there].

Others would have him as a central midfielder - interesting debating position I guess.  

He isn't a winger. I wasn't getting touchy, I really don't care if you want to call him a winger or not, he just isn't one. You could maybe say he's a wide midfielder but he certainly isn't a winger.

I think we really should be beating them, at home. I can see TM trying to go back to the possession based flowing football he was talking about evidenced in the Burton* game as Wigan arent going to be as dominant in possession as Derby.

I can see him trying to get Gallagher, Graham and Emnes on together as well, maybe with Graham as a #9 with the other two playing off him either side.

A win would be massive, both for confidence and for the table but we need to hope those around us, especially Bristol and Burton mess up.

I have confidence in getting the result for once actually, but Rovers live to let us down these days!

Same team as Tuesday for me.

I have been watching every game on the player including the under 21 Cardiff game the other night. I too was excited to see Hoban return, but Elliot Ward looked even more impressive than Hoban in his comeback. Would like to see Ward /Hoban on the bench, which gives us the chance to push Mulgrew up into midfield if needed, as an option to change things up.

Tonys comments are interesting in that he predicted Derby to have a lot of the ball, so he selected a team and tactics appropriate for the game. Would hope we are more ball dominant against Wigan, wonder if any changes will be made to anticipate that. Would love to see Mahoney get a start at home.

Tony Mowbray is a proper Football Manager(Head Coach).

TM is a proper manager,we have to bank as many points as possible before the away games,but im sure we can get something out of them,brighton may suffer nerves after tuesday,norwich are poor,reading will be difficult and the other one escapes me.

Archived