BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan at home

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

would drop Nyambe or Lenihan after their good games on Tuesday and a clean sheet was achieved? Lenihan and Mulgrew were outstanding on Tuesday night and Nyambe was very good at right back But you have never like Nyambe anyway have you? wouldn't risk Ward yet either myself

Very strange thinking.

Surely Mahoney before Bennett?

Bennett has been our best player recently, Mahoney looked really nervy on Tuesday.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Bennett has been our best player recently, Mahoney looked really nervy on Tuesday.

I sorry but for me Mulgrew has been our best player recently.

Mahoney was asked to do a job for the team. But he did it. The team comes 1st

On Wed Mar 01 2017 at 4:13 PM, Mercerman said:

Can anyone seriously not see Rovers winning this one ?

Odds aren't great but 29/20 for a Rovers' win is good enough to earn a decent wedge.

Make sure you are wearing undies and i'll come over

• Backroom

I agree personally that Bennett has earned a place before Mahoney with Mahoney being an impact sub at the moment.

Thats not a slight on Connor as I would have Bennett and him as our two best wingers.

• Backroom
1 hour ago, rigger said:

Why

Also agree with this, a win would be fantastic but a draw wouldn't be absolutely useless.

I honestly can't remember Bennett playing well wide, he's always been good when playing behind the striker/midfield and even did okay when he played up front with Graham (I think) under Lambert last season, did well in the Burnley away game.

As has already been mentioned, Wigan have been decent away from home this season, so for me the match depends on how well we defend and we've been lucky in the last 2 games, long may it continue.

Rovers 2 Wigan 1 - The Mowbray bounce continues.

6 minutes ago, RV Blue said:

I honestly can't remember Bennett playing well wide, he's always been good when playing behind the striker/midfield and even did okay when he played up front with Graham (I think) under Lambert last season, did well in the Burnley away game.

His knee injury at Norwich took his pace away. Otherwise he'd be far better maybe a lower pl player.

But like Michael knightly 

I agree with the guy that said Mahoney on the right and Bennett on the left is our best wingers going forward. Feeney had been doing okay recently though and his speed is a problem for teams.

Mahoney was out best player on show for a couple of weeks there, I think he needs to be in the team.

22 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

His knee injury at Norwich took his pace away. Otherwise he'd be far better maybe a lower pl player.

But like Michael knightly 

Yep, apparently he was quick back in the day, not really anymore unfortunately.

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

I agree with the guy that said Mahoney on the right and Bennett on the left is our best wingers going forward. Feeney had been doing okay recently though and his speed is a problem for teams.

Mahoney was out best player on show for a couple of weeks there, I think he needs to be in the team.

Not a fan of playing wingers their opposite sides, would personally much rather have the left footed Mahoney on th left wing, and vice versa 

Just now, Jbizzle said:

TM said Graham would feature more in games we control more, ie the only change I think we will see Saturday. More returning to the bench would help.

I can see Graham starting on Saturday as you can see two games a week kills him. TM wants him fresh and ready for a 90 minute game. If he played a part on Tuesday he'd be knackered after about 50 off mine come Saturday 

Just now, RV Blue said:

Hope Graham doesn't get back in, he's basically just a Rhodes that scores less goals.

Graham has looked unfit lately but he can hold the ball up,bring others into play .Not as prolific as Rhodes in front of goal but a lot more to his game than your giving him credit for

Just now, islander200 said:

Graham has looked unfit lately but he can hold the ball up,bring others into play .Not as prolific as Rhodes in front of goal but a lot more to his game than your giving him credit for

Graham of last season, yes. Graham of this season, no.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Graham of last season, yes. Graham of this season, no.

Thats down to fitness of Graham and Coyle not doing proper fitness training and not having them with very high fitness rates. 

Coyle and his staff being clueless

Someone was saying a while ago Graham has been carrying a niggle all season that often stops him doing much between games. No idea if correct or not but might explain his fitness and workrate or rather lack of them this season.

Maybe a gaffer now who can manage it right instead of feeding him doughnuts, giving days off and still almost guaranteeing him a start.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Thats down to fitness of Graham and Coyle not doing proper fitness training and not having them with very high fitness rates. 

Coyle and his staff being clueless

I agree with you to some extent but players also have a responsibility to get themselves fit and Graham hasn't done that. I suspect last season he was playing for his retirement contract.

Archived