• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, LewisF said:

Steele

Lowe Lenihan Hoban Williams

Bennett Guthrie Mulgrew Mahoney

Gallagher Graham

I can't say I agree with that team but it shows we've got a bit of competition for places now.   That's been lacking most of the season. Other people would have Feeney, Nyambe, Conway, Emnes,  in maybe.  Ward if match fit,  Evans if fit,  Akpan if not suspended,  Stokes if not out of favour, Tomlinson for short bursts.

Greer and Brown in emergencies.

We'll need all those in the run in.

• Backroom

Gallagher and Emnes not been on it last 2 games, I'd be tempted to try Joao with Gallagher - but that could be a woeful decision in a big game 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I can't say I agree with that team but it shows we've got a bit of competition for places now.  Other people would have Nyambe, Conway, Emnes,  in maybe.  Ward if match fit,  Evans if fit,  Akpan if not suspended,  Stokes if not out of favour, 

We'll need all those in the run in.

Very true. Debated on which of our 4 predominant wingers (Mahoney, Bennett, Conway, Feeney) I should include as any of them could be chosen. Forgot about Evans too

felt mean to leave out Nyambe but I thought I'd include Lowe as he's more experienced given that this is a 6 pointer. Although having said that, I've not seen Nyambe play very much so he may well deserve to b first choice RB.

Just now, Tom said:

Gallagher and Emnes not been on it last 2 games, I'd be tempted to try Joao with Gallagher - but that could be a woeful decision in a big game 

I'd start Graham personally: we don't wanna be missing massive opportunities in a game such as this, and I think he would be the most likely to take the chances (along with getting in the positions)

Wonder how Emnes would fit in on the wing? Heard that he's played there previously 

Just now, RV Blue said:

Really not sure how you can drop Nyambe after last night, same with Feeney and Conway.

Didn't see the match last night so just basing off what I've seen before to be honest. Given everything people have said about Nyambe's performance last night, I probably should have included him.

On Feeney and Conway though, both are very hot and cold (although the same could be said for a lot of our players). I personally think Bennett's our most consistent winger, so any 3 of Conway, Mahoney and Feeney could have made it on my lineup. Went with Mahoney To provide a spark with his pace and trickery, but likewise Conway or Feeney could have just as easily made it there. 

Just now, LewisF said:

Very true. Debated on which of our 4 predominant wingers (Mahoney, Bennett, Conway, Feeney) I should include as any of them could be chosen. Forgot about Evans too

felt mean to leave out Nyambe but I thought I'd include Lowe as he's more experienced given that this is a 6 pointer. Although having said that, I've not seen Nyambe play very much so he may well deserve to b first choice RB.

I always believed if a lad is playing well enough to keep the shirt he should be selected. Somebody else should have to take it off him.  Having said that will Mowbray be the sort of manager that will leave Lowe out and chose another skipper. 

People have said Lowe is playing well so Mowbray has got the sort of headache managers like.

Just now, LewisF said:

I'd start Graham personally: we don't wanna be missing massive opportunities in a game such as this, and I think he would be the most likely to take the chances (along with getting in the positions)

Wonder how Emnes would fit in on the wing? Heard that he's played there previously 

Emnes doesn't look like a winger to me.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Forgot all about Joao. Maybe Mowbray should also.

I thought he looked a good player when he came on (and scored) at Ewood last season, but having read many people's views on him he doesn't seem the best. Didn't he score tons of goals coming off the bench last season?

edit: just seen his stats on wiki, 6 goals in 50 apps? Could have sworn he scored more than that as an impact sub for Wednesday last season

Just now, LewisF said:

I thought he looked a good player when he came on (and scored) at Ewood last season, but having read many people's views on him he doesn't seem the best. Didn't he score tons of goals coming off the bench last season?

I would wager a certain percentage of those slating him,haven't actually seen him play very much. In a way,he is an easy target due to his perceived link to Paul Senior. Why that is an issue,I don't know. I know a couple of Wednesday fans and they reckon he has a lot of potential. Just lacks in confidence sometimes. 

Just now, Gav said:

You shouldn't change a winning team, stick with the ones that started last night, and make sure Joao get nowhere near the first 11.

Just as to whether the relatively inexperienced Nyambe crumbles under the pressure of this massive game. But then again, it's not really any more of a risk than playing, for example, Lowe.

Either way, whatever the team, COYB

We all know Rovers have their own way of bringing you back to earth with a bang, also a way of losing important games.  I predict we are all going to be scratching our heads wondering how we managed to lose this game, battering the pie munchers for 90 mins only to succumb to a late gifted goal.

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would wager a certain percentage of those slating him,haven't actually seen him play very much. In a way,he is an easy target due to his perceived link to Paul Senior. Why that is an issue,I don't know. I know a couple of Wednesday fans and they reckon he has a lot of potential. Just lacks in confidence sometimes. 

Do those Wednesday fans go to games every week?

• Backroom
Just now, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

1-1.  12,300

The Saturday 4:45pm reality check:

The toothache in Coyle may have been removed but the rotting tooth in Venkys is still here.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was as you were after the game with Burton and Bristol drawing as well.

May be 4 teams eager not to lose 

6 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Do those Wednesday fans go to games every week?

No,but I would bet they have seen more of him play than any rovers fan. 

I see similar of fans of other clubs who say Jordan Rhodes level is the championship. I would bet most fans of premier league teams who say that,have seen nothing of Rhodes play. Now I am not debating what Jordan Rhodes level is,I am just saying that a lot of football fans have opinions on players they have seen little or nothing of. These opinions are usually based off stuff they hear others say. I prefer to give players a chance until I actually get to see a fair bit of them in action. 

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why on earth are you banging on about him again? He was poor last Friday, he's been poor when he has played for us. He should never have been signed. He "lacks confidence", the only way he'll get that back is through game time. Who the hell are we to allow him 4-5 games to get him back up to speed? We're in the bottom three for heavens sake. A ridiculous signing all round.

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

No,but I would bet they have seen more of him play than any rovers fan. 

So they know even less than those who have seen him play very recently and say he's shi.te? Case closed. See Bobs post above for further rebuff

2 hours ago, RV Blue said:

I'm going to dampen expectations a bit and predict a draw, every time we get our hopes up they come crashing down.

.....................Raya

Nyambe Hoban Lenihan Lowe

Feeney Guthrie Mulgrew Conway

...................Bennett

..................Gallagher

Although I wouldn't be averse to the same team as yesterday with Bennett in for Emnes.

Is Hoban back? Massive boost if he is.

Archived