SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan at home

id go with

steele

nyambe mulgrew lennihan williams

conway guthrie lowe mahoney

gallagher grahem

bring bennet for mahoney, feeney for conway and emnes for graham if we are not winning in the second half

i d love us to win it , but i just feel that its gonna be a disappointing saturday.

the last few days have been kinda good for Rovers, surley that thing wont last much longer...

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Fraserkirky said:

Someone mentioned that this was available to watch outside the UK. Any idea where?

I feel confident in Mowbray winning this type of game, I'm going 2-1 Rovers, Gallagher and Mulgrew from a free-kick!

COYB! 

It's on dplay.no/sport and probably other sites affiliated with eurosport or discovery.

17 hours ago, rigger said:

What is your definition of a must win game? Mine would be, a game that if we didn't win we would be mathematically relegated. All other games, in my opinion , are good to win. Games against other relegation candidates are important to win. 

'Must win' games are those you play when you are in a relegation battle (or even promotion race) and are expected to at least compete in - especially teams just above or below you who could catch you or go out of reach.

If you don't win these 'must win' games then you will be relying on other teams to do your job for you. If you wait until the last mathematical moment to target a game as 'must win' then you are too late.

Its been good listening to people speak about Rovers in a positive manner this week. Confidence is building, if we can be out the bottom three by the end of today then that confidence gets stronger. A draw today just tappers that off a little. A defeat punches a big hole in it.

Lets be honest, hard work is fine but we all know this team can only play for 60 minutes and then tires. I'd be surprised if any team in the league is as unfit as us. 

An unfit team low on confidence might as well give up now.

Lets get the momentum going a win today is key.

Just to join in with the current theme that this is a 'must not lose' game for me.

Would like to see Mahoney get a start and maybe it's time to bring Graham back.

Emnes was quiet on Tuesday so my team - Steele,Nyambe, Lenihan. Mulgrew. Williams, Mahoney, Lowe, Guthrie, Bennett, Gallagher and Graham.

The weather looks good over here at the moment and I hope it continues this afternoon.

I expect around 12,000 of us on Ewood, with maybe 2000 from pie land.

COYB

I don't get why people are putting Bennett in the team as a winger. He's poor out wide and usually ends up in the middle. This is why Gallacher ended out wide with the plank in charge. I can see the advantages of playing him in games where we'd benefit with 5 in midfield but to play as a wide man I'd rather see Feeney or Mahoney there.

With games coming thick and fast we need some fresh players today... would Put on Bennett and Mahoney and Graham today and rest  Conway, Feeney and Emnes on bench! Also nice to have Hoban and Ward back! Evans back for the 10 games run in!

• Backroom

Can I ask that we don't link or ask to be linked to any streams that aren't legal in the UK

Feeling nervous now, didn't feel this way under Coyle as there was always a feint hope he would be sacked if the result was bad but badly want Mowbray to be a success and save us.

My heart can't take a final 20 like on Tuesday, hopefully now the monkey of the first win under the manager is off our backs we can play with confidence and get an early goal.

My worry as always is I don't think we have the players centrally to control and dictate a game.

Just now, Tom said:

Can I ask that we don't link or ask to be linked to any streams that aren't legal in the UK

Feeling nervous now, didn't feel this way under Coyle as there was always a feint hope he would be sacked if the result was bad but badly want Mowbray to be a success and save us.

My heart can't take a final 20 like on Tuesday, hopefully now the monkey of the first win under the manager is off our backs we can play with confidence and get an early goal.

My worry as always is I don't think we have the players centrally to control and dictate a game.

Don't worry.

We are only playing Wigan !

Would suggest all supporters just sit back, relax and enjoy the football.  I honestly think the nervousness of the fans in those last 15 minutes or so against Derby transmitted  itself through to the players.

I am looking forward to seeing us get those vital three points............if Carlsberg did guaranteed wins!!!

It's nailed on today, just enjoy.

• Backroom
2 minutes ago, Mercerman said:

Don't worry.

Would suggest all supporters just sit back, relax and enjoy the football.  I honestly think the nervousness of the fans in those last 15 minutes or so against Derby transmitted  itself through to the players.

I am looking forward to seeing us get those vital three points............if Carlsberg did guaranteed wins!!!

But if you were a Wigan fan you could say don't worry it's only Rovers!

21 minutes ago, Mercerman said:

Don't worry.

Confident until you've just predicted a win

Archived