SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan at home

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
Just now, joey_big_nose said:

Fantastic result. Surprised Conway and Feeney both went off, both had good games.

Overall our defensive shape looked great. Well done Tony Mowbray.

Didn't think Feeney did anything particularly useful. Won a lot of corners because his crosses rarely beat the first man, but we're poor from corners anyway. Conway was decent but looked tired, so not surprised he was taken off too.

Starting to think we might actually stay up. Can't believe we've gone above Wolves. Lambert is struggling big time there.

• Backroom

Monumental result, astonishing that we've held onto 1-0 scorelines for half an hour in the last two games.

We'll play much better but all we cared about today was a win.

Epic.

15 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

Mulgrew should have seen red there not yellow, scissor after ball had well gone

Never a red with that referee. A poor challenge but he was being turned, and knew he had to do something.

Great win, and we look organised. Guthrie makes small mistakes but tries to be constructive, Lowe runs his socks off the ball is burning at his feet. Impressed by the back four today, especially Nyambe and Mulgrew (man of the match for me).

Hope this builds even greater momentum going forward!

Great result. 7 points in 8 days can't say fairer than that. Look what not conceding leads to, who would have thought it...

I also gather Coyle is on that channel 5 football programme tonight. Wonder what  sort of nonsense he'll come out with. Nothing on how Mowbray has got one point fewer in 8 days than he did for the rest of 2017 I'll bet.

Just now, Torgeir said:

Never a red with that referee. A poor challenge but he was being turned, and knew he had to do something.

Great win, and we look organised. Guthrie makes small mistakes but tries to be constructive, Lowe runs his socks off the ball is burning at his feet. Impressed by the back four today, especially Nyambe and Mulgrew (man of the match for me).

Hope this builds even greater momentum going forward!

Two feet from behind without touching the ball is a straight red mate.

Just now, JAL said:

Good win today but only two shots on target from the game shows just why the team are very close to relegation.

Really doesn't matter at the end of the day. We could have 10 and not score. 

Performances are improving. Defence is improving. We are getting results. 

Archived