BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan at home

I know a few on here don't rate him but for me Lenihan is developing into a very good centre half,a warrior and leader.Think he should focus on making that his position rather than centre mid.

Thought Mowbray got his subs spot on today.Although at the time thought Emnes would have been taken off instead of feeney.Can see Mahoney starting over Conway or Feeney Tuesday night

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got the 6 game deal, I suppose the sacking of coyle further influenced the decision, but I've missed Ewood this season.

thought it was a very close game and whilst we were fortunate to not concede (especially right at the death), we were also alternatively unlucky not to score more.

Feeney proved me wrong as I thought he had a very good game, although he does make the odd dodgy decision. Mahoney was a breath of fresh air when he came on, makes you get up off your seat and unlucky not to score. Makes a change with Mahoney actually being able to use both feet, as opposed to the predictable Conway who always cuts inside. Nyambe seemed to panic whilst on the ball, but overall did well.

a fantastic ball from Steele and first touch from Emnes, we'll take scrappy 1-0 wins all day long if it means safety.

what a massive win! COYB

Just now, Stuart said:

Great result today. It was a must win game and we won. Can't do better than that.

Not much between the sides and a moment of sublime skill from Emnes turning a bad Steele punt into a good ball, and excellent finish. Mahoney and Graham made a real difference when they came on as well. 15 minutes defending a 1-0 lead on Tuesday. 30 minutes today. Mowbray knows what he wants and is getting that extra 10% out of the players that earns the team that little bit of luck that they need.

Such a breath of fresh air when you don't have a manager that the fans detest. There's a real feeling that the Ewood crowd have united behind the new manager and this is translating to the team. We won't win every game but you can't argue with the start. What a shame we didn't get rid of Coyle sooner (and a shame we employed the charlatan in the first place).

Out of the bottom three - onwards and upwards.

So the Burton result wasn't too bad after all then? :P

Just now, islander200 said:

I know a few on here don't rate him but for me Lenihan is developing into a very good centre half,a warrior and leader.Think he should focus on making that his position rather than centre mid.

Is it worth disrupting a back 4 growing in confidence and understanding, in order to make way for Hoban and push Mulgrew into CM? Tough choice

Just now, wolfie said:

So the Burton result wasn't bad too bad after all then? :P

It was two points dropped. Let's hope we don't end up needing them.

No need for cheap digs though. It's a great couple of results and a little bit of momentum.

Onwards and upwards.

Another win and singing back on the terraces, what a good do!!

Poor first half with Rovers the better team, second half was better with 'the Emnes touch' being worth the entrance money!!

Mowbray has given the team some pride and belief.

Well done Rovers, can't wait for Tuesday.

COYB

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Hope not. Lambert is a poor manager, just like Coyle.

Are we finally allowed to say that on here now, or has his spin still not worn off on some? :unsure:

Just now, Stuart said:

It was two points dropped. Let's hope we don't end up needing them.

No need for cheap digs though. It's a great couple of results and a little bit of momentum.

Onwards and upwards.

Just a bit of gentle ribbing, Stuart. Thought the emoji might have been a clue.

1 minute ago, Dunnfc said:

Tangled together? No Mulgrew got spun, tried tripping the player over and failed so chopped/scissored him from behind. It was an appaling tackle. Thankfully he was only booked but it was easily a red, have a watch of it.

Whilst it was not a "professional foul" it was off the ground and both feet from behind.

At least the ref was consistent. If he didn't book the guy for cleaning out Conway on the wing in the first half the he set a precedent to 'be soft'.

I thought we defended the box well when  under pressure later on but we do allow crosses to cone in too easily.

Great assist by Steele for the goal.

Feeney and Conway have both been better lately. Was quite surprised they both went off in the same change but we scored fairly soon after so fair play to Mowbray.

Lowe was atrocious.

Just now, Hasta said:

At least the ref was consistent. If he didn't book the guy for cleaning out Conway on the wing in the first half the he set a precedent to 'be soft'.

I thought we defended the box well when  under pressure later on but we do allow crosses to cone in too easily.

Great assist by Steele for the goal.

Feeney and Conway have both been better lately. Was quite surprised they both went off in the same change but we scored fairly soon after so fair play to Mowbray.

Lowe was atrocious.

Agreed.

I said at HT to swap feeney and conway so feeney could patch connolly's pace on that side allowing for Conway to go up against an aging Warnock.

Just now, Phil T said:

Are we finally allowed to say that on here now, or has his spin still not worn off on some? :unsure:

You still need to be careful. 92% of posters fell for his guff. 27% were ready to leave their wives for him. I think a couple did, that's partly why he legged it. 

You still need to be careful. 92% of posters fell for his guff. 27% were ready to leave their wives for him. I think a couple did, that's partly why he legged it. 

Must be great on Fantasy Island, whats the weather like?

Great win today, long it may it continue.

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Think you're right imagine what cans of sh1t he would have bought with the Rhodes money given he has spent 15m on one player 

In fairness Costa was joining wolves whoever the manager was.He was brought to the club before Lambert was appointed.And he is a quality player.

Can see Lambert getting sacked soon though.

Just now, islander200 said:

In fairness Costa was joining wolves whoever the manager was.He was brought to the club before Lambert was appointed.And he is a quality player.

Can see Lambert getting sacked soon though.

I am wondering if he has a release clause in his contract that can be "activated" so that he does not have to be sacked :D

Just now, Gav said:

Must be great on Fantasy Island, whats the weather like?

You've been a resident for years. 

What's was it you said about Lambert again 'The greatest thing to happen to Rovers in 5 years and everybody knows it' or words to that effect.  

• Backroom

We are likely to be in it till the death but more results like today and we can pull more teams into it; i think Burton will be ok so we need to be looking to do more than 2 of Wigan, Bristol and Wolves.

Bristol worry me they have to sack their manager at some point and they could see a similar bounce.

Its back in our own hands anyway, a win on Tuesday now and we would be brimming with belief.

Mowbray is also making a concentrated effort to praise and woo the fans and it's working, as it is we all are together behind him, long may it continue!

45 minutes ago, punerover said:

Lambert has been found out for what he was, wiz only a tidly vidly marginally better manager than Bowyer.

That's after splashing out 13 million on a player as well, ouch!

Don't want to tempt fate but Mowbray is actually looking like a good appointment.

12 minutes ago, Doaksie said:

The team are very close to relegation due to the inept decision to employ Owen Coyle, and his subsequent dire 'management'. 

Tony Mowbray has been very open in his strategy for the remainder of the season - WIN AT ALL COSTS. The performances are somewhat secondary. We can worry about that in the summer, having hopefully gained the points to secure our Championship status. In that respect, 7 points from 9 is monumental. 

For a club like rovers it should ALWAYS be win at all costs. We are not those keaners from London talking crap about the West Ham way. A win is a win, it's not a beauty contest.

Just now, Tom said:

We are likely to be in it till the death but more results like today and we can pull more teams into it; i think Burton will be ok so we need to be looking to do more than 2 of Wigan, Bristol and Wolves.

Bristol worry me they have to sack their manager at some point and they could see a similar bounce.

Its back in our own hands anyway, a win on Tuesday now and we would be brimming with belief.

Mowbray is also making a concentrated effort to praise and woo the fans and it's working, as it is we all are together behind him, long may it continue!

Think Wigan gone.

Bristol have 6 at home and 5 away and their fixtures don't look too bad.  Easter Monday at Rovers will be a huge, huge game - could decide which of the two of us stays up.

Wolves in freefall at the wrong time and I think they are going to drop. 

2 minutes ago, LewisF said:

Is it worth disrupting a back 4 growing in confidence and understanding, in order to make way for Hoban and push Mulgrew into CM? Tough choice

Couldn't agree more. That back 4 need to play as much as possible, between now and the end of the season. They probably will be tired, but rotation isn't option in my eyes. 1 goal conceded in 3 games is bloody amazing, after what we're like defensively about 2/ 3 weeks ago.

What's was it you said about Lambert again 'The greatest thing to happen to Rovers in 5 years and everybody knows it' or words to that effect.  

When Lambert was appointed I said its the best thing to happen to the club since those ****s took over, did you disagree?

Just now, Mercerman said:

Think Wigan gone.

Bristol have 6 at home and 5 away and their fixtures don't look too bad.  Easter Monday at Rovers will be a huge, huge game - could decide which of the two of us stays up.

Wolves in freefall at the wrong time and I think they are going to drop. 

Lambert will be gone as soon as they drop into the bottom 3. Their new owners are looking for top flight football asap.  

Archived