BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan at home

13 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

That first touch though. Sublime

Emnes was fantastic in that passage of play. The Wigan keeper will feel a bit bad as I think he expected the shot to the far post. Watched it over and over again today on Youtube.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DE. said:

Managers are paid to make those types of decisions. Under Coyle, chances are Emnes stays on and then isn't available to play in the next match.

Was absolutely stunned when Wigan changed their minds on a substitution based on crowd reaction. That's a manager with no control. You could tell by the players' reactions at the end that they have no hope left.

I felt a bit sorry for Warnock I always liked him as a rovers player, hard grafter and good professional

• Backroom
Just now, JonnyP said:

I felt a bit sorry for Warnock I always liked him as a rovers player, hard grafter and good professional

He looked alright yesterday. Will surely get another Championship club if/when Wigan drop?

Thought Tunnicliffe was awful yesterday. Wigan fans don't seem to have a high opinion of him. Remember people bizarrely touting him as one that got away when he was briefly here... could never understand why. Always been a below average player who probably belongs a league lower.

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Managers are paid to make those types of decisions. Under Coyle, chances are Emnes stays on and then isn't available to play in the next match.

Was absolutely stunned when Wigan changed their minds on a substitution based on crowd reaction. That's a manager with no control. You could tell by the players' reactions at the end that they have no hope left.

Their manager wasn't there. He had an operation,so missed the game. Whoever was next in line bottles the call following the crowds reaction. 

Going off some of the line ups I have seen suggested by fans here, you don't let the crowd decide what substitutions to make. 

Psychologically a very bad day all round for wigan yesterday. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Their manager wasn't there. He had an operation,so missed the game. Whoever was next in line bottles the call following the crowds reaction. 

Going off some of the line ups I have seen suggested by fans here, you don't let the crowd decide what substitutions to make. 

Warren Joyce was sat on the bench yesterday with the rest of the team.

Don't think he was pulling the strings but he was in attendance.

• Backroom

He was shown about a thousand times on TV with his eye patch. A coach was running up and down the steps all game passing instructions from the manager to the bench.

Unless it was serious and the operation was needed badly ( I don't know his health background) I would have postponed it and rearranged the date, surely they were looking at the game yesterday as a must win for them also and their manager wasn't there??? 

If I was a Wigan fans I would have been pretty p/ssed to watch the rest fumble around over who to sub off, they were very poor and they didn't seem to have a plan A let alone a plan B. 

Just now, DE. said:

He looked alright yesterday. Will surely get another Championship club if/when Wigan drop?

Thought Tunnicliffe was awful yesterday. Wigan fans don't seem to have a high opinion of him. Remember people bizarrely touting him as one that got away when he was briefly here... could never understand why. Always been a below average player who probably belongs a league lower.

I would have liked to see more of Tunnicliffe during his time here. Looked a more complete midfield player than other players that got played. Thought he was actually one of their better players in the first half.

• Backroom
5 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

OK,I missed that. It was being reported that he wouldn't be in charge though? 

You would wonder why they changed their mind because of the fans at the game. A real lack of leadership 

He went against doctor's orders to attend. Probably wishes he hadn't bothered now.

5 minutes ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

I would have liked to see more of Tunnicliffe during his time here. Looked a more complete midfield player than other players that got played. Thought he was actually one of their better players in the first half.

I think his career since is an indicator he wasn't and isn't up to much!

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Genuinely, did I just read that Steeles kick was a "miss kick"? I'll save the original poster the embarrassment of trying to explain that one.

It was very quick thinking and fantastic delivery from Steele. Granted, it needed Emnes to have a sublime first touch, but you can't take anything away from Steele. There's no goal without his speed of thought and accurate kick.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

Genuinely, did I just read that Steeles kick was a "miss kick"? I'll save the original poster the embarrassment of trying to explain that one.

So he meant to kick it into touch? Well, at least that's consistent with his performance in the previous match.

Another one to scratch off the list folks. Don't want to offend anyone with an alternative opinion!

20 minutes ago, Ricky said:

He was there. Eye patch and all.

Detached retina apparently was the story amongst Wigan fans leaving the ground. Doctors told him not to attend but he decided otherwise.

Just now, TBTF said:

Detached retina apparently was the story amongst Wigan fans leaving the ground. Doctors told him not to attend but he decided otherwise.

Doctors said the cause was from watching sh/te Wigan football all season haha 

Just now, Stuart said:

So he meant to kick it into touch? Well, at least that's consistent with his performance in the previous match.

Another one to scratch off the list folks. Don't want to offend anyone with an alternative opinion!

Come on matey, a blind man on a galloping horse could see he meant that long ball out to Emnes.

As soon as Fulham sacked their manager he was immediatley recalled and put straight into their first team. 

Most games he played for Rovers he made a positive impact. How many Rovers midfielders since he was here can you say that about? I'm not saying he would have been a world beater but I think he could have offered Rovers something different. 

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Come on matey, a blind man on a galloping horse could see he meant that long ball out to Emnes.

To be fair it was quick vision but it took one hell of control or luck to make it a good pass.. Even as the ball was heading to Emnes it was odds on more likely to go out of play like most things he distributed or tried to on Tuesday night. If that had of happened the majority would be on here playing hell using it as a pointer about how his distribution is.

11 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Emnes did well had to pull off a worldie of a control to keep it in play but, yes, he certainly meant to punt it in Emnes' direction.

25 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've probably been Steele's biggest critic on here but that assist yesterday was brilliant.

We all slate Steele (and rightly so) when he drops a ball (literally) so it's only right to give him credit when he does something good.  Great kick , even better control by emnes and 3 points in the bag. Joyce had minor eye surgery. People saying he did well to turn up. I might be being harsh but I can't see why that would stop him managing the team. The world's gone soft.

Archived