BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan at home

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, wolfie said:

This clip starts with Steele's kick. It's a great angle to see what a fantastic kick it is.

Top class goal I slated him against Brighton but full credit to Marvin Emnes for his winning goal. Let's hope there's more to come but will he be at Rovers next season or will the agents be moving him elsewhere especially if they are offering Connor Mahoney poor money to stay.

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

:lol: you three should be a comedy troupe.

So I post a clip showing a good angle of Steele's kick and I should be in a comedy troupe? What are you even talking about?

What a superb goal, if that was in the Premiership they'd be showing it every 5 minutes on Sky.

The lads got talent, just needs a bit of confidence and an arm around him once in a while.

Take a bow son.

56 minutes ago, Gav said:

What a superb goal, if that was in the Premiership they'd be showing it every 5 minutes on Sky.

The lads got talent, just needs a bit of confidence and an arm around him once in a while.

Take a bow son.

Don't worry Gav, it won't have gone unooticed. Which means Swansae's fee will be bigger when he goes somewhere else.

Cheston will be sharpening his pencil whether we stay up or not.

4 hours ago, Jbizzle said:

Genuinely, did I just read that Steeles kick was a "miss kick"? I'll save the original poster the embarrassment of trying to explain that one.

To me it looked like another one if Steele's kicks destined for a throw in for them till Marvin brilliantly brought it down.  IMHO we are giving Steele too much credit, but that's just me.  Mmmm on reflection maybe not.

2 hours ago, wolfie said:

This clip starts with Steele's kick. It's a great angle to see what a fantastic kick it is.

I had thought Marvin's first touch was brilliant but watching that the second touch is better yet, before it even hits the ground he taps it to where he can run on to it.  What a lovely lovely goal out if nothing.

4 hours ago, dingles staying down 4ever said:

On previous evidence, he was probably trying to pass to Mahoney on the other wing though. lol.

People can and should point out where he has been poor, but the opposite should follow if he does something well.

Great assist. As USA said - Marvins control and touch to set up the run is top class. Finish bounces just on or behind the line. One of the goals of the season, can't think of many better bar Bennett vs Pool

Goals of the season so far for me:

Conway vs Burton (H)

Graham vs Derby (A)

Conway vs Rotherham (H)

Gallagher vs Wolves (H)

Bennett vs Blackpool (H)

Graham vs Man Utd (H)

Emnes vs Wigan (H)

Just now, LewisF said:

Conway vs Button (H)

Graham vs Derby (A)

Conway vs Rotherham (H)

Gallagher vs Wolves (H)

Bennett vs Blackpool (H)

Graham vs Man Utd (H)

Emnes vs Wigan (H)

Own goals of the season

hiring coil

sticking with coil

duffy away Cardiff take your pick which one 

2 minutes ago, Jbizzle said:

People can and should point out where he has been poor, but the opposite should follow if he does something well.

Great assist. As USA said - Marvins control and touch to set up the run is top class. Finish bounces just on or behind the line. One of the goals of the season, can't think of many better bar Bennett vs Pool

Would give him credit if he earned it.

From our seats (right where Emnes came and did his samba dance celebration) it went.

"Over hit by Steele"

"Argh, out of play again"

"Woah, what a first touch"

"That was brilliant"

Technically it's an assist but "great assist" is seriously stretching the truth. Next time somebody goes over in the box and wins a penalty we'll have to call that a great assist too.

Just now, Stuart said:

From our seats (right where Emnes came and did his samba dance celebration) it went.

"Over hit by Steele"

"That was brilliant"

Technically it's an assist but "great assist" is seriously stretching the truth. Next time somebody goes over in the box and wins a penalty we'll have to call that a great assist too.

You are welcome to that opinion but I couldn't disagree more, the goal doesn't happen without the skill and finish, but the space is opened by the run and pass. Fantastic assist, skill and finish. Great to be praising individual brilliance as opposed to lamenting individual mistakes.

Steele had been rocky at times, and agree with many who see his inconsistency, weakness at set pieces and often wayward distribution. I also think he shouldn't necessary be "given up on" like many seem to think is the answer.

Results will only improve confidence, we all know the mentality aspect of the game. If he can keep the ratio of goals conceded to 1 every 3 league games under TM, I'd expect us to survive.

Just now, Jbizzle said:

You are welcome to that opinion but I couldn't disagree more, the goal doesn't happen without the skill and finish, but the space is opened by the run and pass. Fantastic assist, skill and finish. Great to be praising individual brilliance as opposed to lamenting individual mistakes.

Steele had been rocky at times, and agree with many who see his inconsistency, weakness at set pieces and often wayward distribution. I also think he shouldn't necessary be "given up on" like many seem to think is the answer.

Results will only improve confidence, we all know the mentality aspect of the game. If he can keep the ratio of goals conceded to 1 every 3 league games under TM, I'd expect us to survive.

You're just not listening so why bother.

1 hour ago, Gav said:

Take a bow son.

If that had been Ibrahamovic it'd have been on the national news. 

Just now, Stuart said:

You're just not listening so why bother.

I am listening, you compared a well executed and thought out 60 yard kick to the winning goal, to a penalty winning foul. I disagree strongly. It is a great assist in my humble opinion, and as an ex-goalkeeper, I would've been asking for a pint from Marvin!

This is an individual example in one game. There is no need to prejudge the scenario based on Steeles average result when attempting those fading kicks down the line. 

31 minutes ago, LewisF said:

Conway vs Button (H)

Graham vs Derby (A)

Conway vs Rotherham (H)

Gallagher vs Wolves (H)

Bennett vs Blackpool (H)

Graham vs Man Utd (H)

Emnes vs Wigan (H)

Scored some crackers this season to be fair.

16 minutes ago, Stuart said:

"Over hit by Steele"

"That was brilliant"

As soon as he hit it I thought 'wow what a kick from Steele', never at one point did it look like he over hit it. Absolutely pin point.

It looked like a planned move to me. Steele was looking out left as he picked the ball up. Then he drop volleys a ball 70 yards out to Emnes who was a bit slow starting off but made up for it with a piece of sublime control of the ball.

There'll be one or two outfield players on our team who probably couldn't make that volley

Archived