BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Unsustainable Rovers

• Moderation Lead
Just now, Suhail Slayer said:

sounds like people waiting for a rich shaikh (not suhail) to ride into town and save us

why dont we (us) make a serious offer to buy for £1 ?

write off your debt

sell to us £1

Yes I am deadly serious

Can it wait until the end of the month when I get paid? Bit skint at the minute...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/4/2017 at 9:52 PM, Suhail Slayer said:

sounds like people waiting for a rich shaikh (not suhail) to ride into town and save us

write off your debt

sell to us £1

Yes I am deadly serious

It's a very simple question, and nobody can outright answer as to why they haven't accepted these alleged four offers over the years.

Perhaps each of the approaches are primarily based on the loans provided by Venkys to the club being written off, either in all. or in part. Perhaps Venkys are waiting for a buyer who will simply agree to pay more or all of the loans off than the current organisations who have approached them.

Perhaps Rovers is near the bottom of their concern list. Why focus your main efforts on a loss-making company, when you have other exponentially growing businesses that overwhelm those losses?

Perhaps there is something to hide that might incriminate them.

Perhaps it would be too undignified for Venkys to admit a business failure by selling up or going into administration.

Nothing they have ever done makes any sense..

They're not self-made, they've been gifted their wealth and quite honestly, they haven't got a clue what they're doing.

Makes you wonder who's standing in the shadows. Is someone else profiting out of their (and our!) misery, and is a road block to them selling? Are they worried about bodies being dug up?

Whatever is motivating them not to sell is stronger than the pain that £millions of losses is inflicting on them. Difficult to imagine they're doing it out of pride or spite.

51 minutes ago, broadsword said:

Nothing they have ever done makes any sense..

They're not self-made, they've been gifted their wealth and quite honestly, they haven't got a clue what they're doing.

Makes you wonder who's standing in the shadows. Is someone else profiting out of their (and our!) misery, and is a road block to them selling? Are they worried about bodies being dug up?

Whatever is motivating them not to sell is stronger than the pain that £millions of losses is inflicting on them. Difficult to imagine they're doing it out of pride or spite.

Suppose they have no misery about it, unlike ourselves? Suppose they are rich enough not to care?

Its that or a 3rd Party or fear of what would come out.

On 04/04/2017 at 8:52 PM, Suhail Slayer said:

write off your debt

sell to us £1

Yes I am deadly serious

I'm honestly not patronising you here, but it's the "write off your debt" bit that makes this a fantasy I'm afraid.

If it were even possible for Venkys to do that, and even if they were willing, there would (even these days) be a queue down the road to Pune a mile long of punters willing to buy Rovers for a pound.  

It's highly likely that the way the debt will disappear is if [or when] the bank calls in the loans, and/or Venkys London ltd is wound-up or liquidated.  That may cue up a feeding frenzy, depending on how much of an asset fire-sale occurred before the winding up.

The best I can hope for is that someone, somewhere is following Rovers' downwards trajectory and has the business acumen, recognises the access to protected assets, sees the club as being potentially undervalued and can get financial backing  to step in to buy the business at 'just the right time' just before the winding up.  Sadly many of these sort of folk are either money grabbing VC's, billionaire egotists, or gullible lunatics.

[that's Venture Capitalists, NOT Viet Cong, in case there's confusion ]

The Viet Cong would change our shirt to Red and Blue halves and the Red Rose to a Yellow star. 

Not having that.

Dont care if they do have a great underground network and agents galore.

The are also anti-revisionism so would not be acceptable to a lot of fans.

Just now, Mercer said:

I think relegation will be the tipping point (administration) for the Raos despite what the likes of Senior and Cheston may say. 

Been saying the same myself for a couple of seasons, I'd take that now if it gets rid of the swines.

Just now, Gav said:

Been saying the same myself for a couple of seasons, I'd take that now if it gets rid of the swines.

Relegation is a big worry to most fans. I also believe that plenty of us would indeed accept it, to get rid of these lot. There are no guarantees though, hence the big black cloud overhead.

Just now, 1arC said:

Relegation is a big worry to most fans. I also believe that plenty of us would indeed accept it, to get rid of these lot. There are no guarantees though, hence the big black cloud overhead.

Maybe a black cloud overhead is better than being @#/? s- hit on by chickens nonstop

9 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I think relegation will be the tipping point (administration) for the Raos despite what the likes of Senior and Cheston may say. 

Mid/lower-table League 2 will be the tipping point.

While there's pocket money to be made during a very busy relegation transfer window they will stick around.

1 hour ago, booth said:

Mid/lower-table League 2 will be the tipping point.

While there's pocket money to be made during a very busy relegation transfer window they will stick around.

There aint much left to sell now !

Just now, Mercer said:

There aint much left to sell now !

I just hope the rats can't get their grubby hands on Brockhall, I'm sure it'll have been discussed and looked at by the lawyers.

4 hours ago, Gav said:

I just hope the rats can't get their grubby hands on Brockhall, I'm sure it'll have been discussed and looked at by the lawyers.

Agree. 

My comment, "there aint much left to sell now", referred to the players !

18 hours ago, Gav said:

I have heard rumours that the senior training ground may be turned into a David LLoyd Leisure Club which would be permitted use as its leisure, with the seniors moving back down to the bottom where they used to be. Don't know if there's any truth in it.

15 minutes ago, MCMC1875 said:

I have heard rumours that the senior training ground may be turned into a David LLoyd Leisure Club which would be permitted use as its leisure, with the seniors moving back down to the bottom where they used to be. Don't know if there's any truth in it.

What I do know is the fans and people on the ground in Blackburn will be the last to know MCMC.

But you can rest assured that Charlie Cheston/man with no name and Venkys will be looking for any way to raise a few quid.

Lets hope the training ground is tied so tightly that the rats can't touch it.

PriceOfFootball twitter account is tweeting some interesting stuff about Huddersfields finances for anyone interested.  Seems they are going about it similar to how Burnley did first time around after spending years getting a solid infracstructure in place.  Owners loaning them money and taking a real gamble at going up then they'll presumably take it back.

11 hours ago, Gav said:

What I do know is the fans and people on the ground in Blackburn will be the last to know MCMC.

But you can rest assured that Charlie Cheston/man with no name and Venkys will be looking for any way to raise a few quid.

Lets hope the training ground is tied so tightly that the rats can't touch it.

The loans against STs etc are probably to keep the club going for next few months then they'll be praying for a few players sales to get us into summer along with whatever league or tv payments come in then.  If the owners don't stump up after that then what ? ST money borrowed and used upfront, no 10 mill influx of player cash likely this time around so we'll be relying on the owners loaning a hefty chunk in again c5 mill + not 5 or 600k.

If that's not going to materialize then we are likely going down the Bolton route of fixed asset borrowing or selling.

Didn't really know where to put this. It sounds like something that would happen here!

Former Arsenal and England defender Tony Adams has been appointed coach of Spanish side Granada until the end of the season.

Adams, 50, is vice-president of DDMC - a football club management company owned by Granada president John Jiang - and has been working with the team since November. 

Only three questions I can think of really. 

Is there any hope for us? 

What does the future hold? 

Will the @#/?s ever bloody go? 

My instincts tell me

Yes but only in so much as it's difficult to tell what's going to happen. Given experience, I would say the future is bleak, we're just waiting to find out exactly what form it will take, perhaps there'll be genuine cause for hope once we bottom out. But we're not there yet

Venkys won't sell at the moment due to reasons only known to them. If they really do have Skeletons in the closet that they don't want revealed to us then they'll Bury the club with a liquidation. But if there are Skeletons, and they got found out, what would be the repercussions? They'd lose the UK holding company and that would be it. They would only keep us to prevent an anticipated penalty, to gain an anticipated benefit or to wring out as much value as possible. I've filled out the first, it's obvious the second is about as likely as the second coming so therefore they're still getting something out of it. Perhaps by ring fencing income and subverting it around the holding company so that it goes direct to India. The only alternative scenario is that they're not really the owners but instead a proxy for shadow owners who are wringing value out whilst venkys wither on the vine. This is still the third scenario just the faces change. 

Will they ever go? Well under the third scenario, yes but only if they can't get any more value out. I think this is close to happening as there's only a very small transfer expenditure. So yes, I think their departure might only be a couple of years away, likely as not via an administration as this would enable someone to come in and pick up the club unburdened by enormous debts. 

The only other scenario is that they're completely mad and/or clinically insane/retarded. In which case, God  knows what will happen

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Simple... You know the list of creditors... If I was battersby find the big ones, offer a deal/incentive to get them to chase the debt quicker or if they can or call it in. That might hurry the show up 

Do we have any particularly major creditors other than Venky's themselves? Genuine question as I don't know.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Do we have any particularly major creditors other than Venky's themselves? Genuine question as I don't know.

2.5 million football creditor coinciding with the VLL accounts. Not Rhodes 2.44 instalment that was the year before so just who is this? Given we have loans less and not amounting to this it needs identifying.

can someone with possible interests be prepared to write off money loan it knowing it won't come back and structure the agreement to trigger an early recall on amounts owed? 

Weve got roughly 7 million of yearly creditors other than that it's the vs

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, RevidgeBlue said:

If I had access to 60m of other people's money I'd happily suggest a similar sort of proposal as well. It's great gambling when it's other people's money at risk and not your own.

Realistically though there's no merit whatsoever in the proposal from Venky's point of view. Everything would hinge on us returning to the Premiership in the 2-3 seasons before the pot of investors money runs out. After that they lose any  control over what  happens. So they may want to try and muddle on in the hope that the right managerial appointment and/or an exceptional batch of academy starlets sees us scrape into the PL only to find the majority shareholders have wound us up over their heads thereby liquidating their investment.

Conversely, if things didn't go as well as hoped and debts were still mounting they might want to get out be be tied in to an escalating mountain of debt indefinitely.

I would have thought that if they wanted out at any point any deal would have to entail them being free from any future liability even if they accept substantially less than they would ideally like. 

was that not the point Rev? It stopped them having to put any more money in which I would have thought at least merited a discussion rather than outright lies from V's. The biggest turnoff was probably that they wouldn't have been able to trouser £10million from hanley and Duffy sales with Senaca in control

Archived