BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

This is the first question on the list!

100%

At some point yes, and in fairness we probably aren't that far away from that point. One Board member last night did say "What actually needs to happen to make us properly go after this lot!?" (The clear inference being that they felt we were already at that point). 

Perhaps you need a militant wing 😁

• Like 6

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It’s a very difficult one but at some point does the Trust have to just draw stumps and say ‘that’s that’ with this ownership and their Blackburn based board/representatives?

Obviously their board will have their own opinions.

Personally, I’d argue that (even aside from WATR members calling for protests themselves) the moment their board might turn unilaterally is if the spirit of the MoU is abandoned when talking with the club, as that would be Rovers representatives going back on a signed agreement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wilsdenrover said:

Perhaps you need a militant wing 😁

After last night's meeting, I think my fellow Board members will smile at this post, and in particular the fact that it is me involved in this exchange... 

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

After last night's meeting, I think my fellow Board members will smile at this post, and in particular the fact that it is me involved in this exchange... 

What was the overall consensus on the state of Rovers currently?

And what's the direction of travel now?

53 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

The Sinn Fein/IRA analogy was often used a few years back, when certain individuals operated within the Trust and another group....

• Like 3

7 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Did the meeting get pulled forward?

I think someone here said on one of the topics there was an emergency meeting and/or internal debrief yesterday or the day before.

To be honest it’s difficult to see what swag and his cohorts could possibly say. Sometimes clubs do things that are so fucking stupid and amateurish it makes the papers. We’ve made one of those calamitous mistakes 3 times in a year but keep the faith lads.

I know the trust are keen on opening the lines of communication but I’m not sure why. They’re just kept in the dark and fed shit. I remember during the protest days I went to one of these meetings at uncles jacks pub in lower Darwen. The concencus was folk there wanted to open lines of communication up with the decision makers (I was hoping it would be more nominating someone to whack Kean with a sock filled with pool balls type meeting 😂). Here we are 14 years later different group or name or both but still trying to reach that communication rainbow. 

Edited by matt83

24 minutes ago, Ben-2000 said:

Perhaps the Trust haven't been able to get an answer from the club re meeting. Wouldn't surprise me with the lack of communication from the club.

Or the club organise it on a day that’s already gone. 

• Like 2

A secret meeting that was secretly filmed and then secretly leaked all over the internet. Oh and the secret minutes transcribed. The most diabolical useless ceo hiding behind a few players, who looked bewildered, dragged out as a buffer between him and some random fans.

This is a dysfunctional football club and possibly the strangest one on the planet. 

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, matt83 said:

A secret meeting that was secretly filmed and then secretly leaked all over the internet. Oh and the secret minutes transcribed. The most diabolical useless ceo hiding behind a few players, who looked bewildered, dragged out as a buffer between him and some random fans.

This is a dysfunctional football club and possibly the strangest one on the planet. 

Re the filming…that’s CCTV at the venue. One imagines disciplinary action will take place regarding the member of their staff that leaked it.

BRFCS was invited (at relatively short notice) & @J*B attended on our behalf. Josh has reiterated on X that the thread from @glen9mullan covers the main areas of discussion. 

@RoversTrust have also promised output following the meeting. As to who was invited & by whom I have no further information I can share.