BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

26 minutes ago, lraC said:

It’s ironic really, as even another 10,000 season tickets, at the current price, would not make a difference.

Venkys presided over the collapse and fall from the premier league in 18 months, so how anyone can blame anyone but them, is a mystery. 

Yep if we got 15k home fans every week which would be fantastic for a town like Blackburn it still wouldn't make very much difference. That's a point lost on the crowd knockers who'd still moan that we didn't get 20k.

Most clubs at this level need outside funding and a lot still lose 10/20 million a season. These lot have created that kind of model here yet we often get out performed by clubs who lose a lot less.

We should have been a sensible trading club years ago when Bowyer put value into the squad, What happened ?   they stopped signing players then had a fire sale to rake in 30 million.  Replaced with a load of trash, got relegated and lost even more money, a repeat of that wouldn't be surprising if and when the academy conveyor belt hits its glass ceiling.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

If you take Adam Wharton out , there's not a right lot of quality left ! 

Hyam , Carter (on a good day) JRC and Szmodics possibly .....

Makes a mockery of letting Lenihan, BBD  and Rothwell go on frees ...

I would add Britain, Hill, Sigardsson and Morton, so that is 8 of the outfield 10.

4 minutes ago, rigger said:

I would add Britain, Hill, Sigardsson and Morton, so that is 8 of the outfield 10.

When I have seen Sigardsson he has been terrible , Britain very in and out and a bit chicken ..Hill is a Bournemouth player who I think is a good footballer .

21 minutes ago, Waggy76 said:

When I have seen Sigardsson he has been terrible , Britain very in and out and a bit chicken ..Hill is a Bournemouth player who I think is a good footballer .

Your statement was our lack of quality apart from the five you mentioned. The other four that I mentioned, are in my opinion quality players who this season play for the Rovers.

6 hours ago, wilsdenrover said:

It’s ridiculous isn’t it - I guess some people just don’t want to see the truth.

Bear in mind though, the reptile brained apologists ARE in the minority. The majority of fans have walked away. Attendance figures and season ticket sales show this.

If and when venkys depart, some of them will be back.

Just blindly supporting whatever shit is served up to you and defending the people that are destroying the club does not make you a 'real fan'. It makes you an accomplice.

I suspect that many of those 'supporters' would be cheering on a pile of dog shit as long as you painted it in blue & white halves. Then no doubt would be on the attack against anyone that dared to point out that our once great club has been replaced by a pile of shit.

Personally I believe that the real supporters are those of us who hold venkys and their acolytes to account for what they have done.

If you support venkys in any way, you do not support Blackburn Rovers.

Edited by Upside Down
  • Like 2

My take FWIW :-

“We’ve been naughty but it was nothing to do with Blackburn Rovers & if you won’t let us do this then the club will be in trouble & nobody will come out of this with any credit - if we get a bank guarantee will you pretty please let us send them some money ?” That kind of thing…

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Can't enlarge it (matron) .... what does it say exactly. Where is the £11m from and where is it going? Have the financial restraints now eased? 

IMG_0233.thumb.jpeg.53b9052f071459e1e807597b15fb54a9.jpeg

Cash flow has certainly been eased, and immediate liabilities dealt with. Restrictions still exist while Venky’s remain under investigation.

We will be able to function and pay wages for now, and we will probably open the Blackburn End if we get a home draw in the FA Cup. They may have to do the same again in the not too distant future(although with one high court judgement I’d expect it to be an easier process going forward). Don’t expect any transfer warchest come January, but at least we won’t have to flog Wharton on the cheap to keep the lights on.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

IMG_0233.thumb.jpeg.53b9052f071459e1e807597b15fb54a9.jpeg

Cash flow has certainly been eased, and immediate liabilities dealt with. Restrictions still exist while Venky’s remain under investigation.

We will be able to function and pay wages for now, and we will probably open the Blackburn End if we get a home draw in the FA Cup. They may have to do the same again in the not too distant future(although with one high court judgement I’d expect it to be an easier process going forward). Don’t expect any transfer warchest come January, but at least we won’t have to flog Wharton on the cheap to keep the lights on.

thanks

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Sweaty Gussets said:

Really well presented. Excellent work. 

Thank you.  The November Newsletter, sent out early this evening, is in the news section of the new website.  Our Heritage lead, Steve Williams, will drip feed stories over the coming months on the ‘Heritage’ section.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

And I finally get the newsletter each month!

Thank goodness for that 😊.  We have also put a new membership system in place and have moved away from PayPal.

A lot of changes were required to drive the Trust forward following from the good work of the past.  The Board members are all active with their own responsibilities yet coming together, usually via Zoom, to bounce ideas of each other and to try and ensure we do not suffer from silo working.  We won’t always get it right but we are moving in the right direction.

• Like 4