BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

3 hours ago, miqaayil said:

Why don't the trust take up a full page advert something like ...

"MISSING : OWNERS OF BRFC , if found please inform us "

OR 

"BRFC : LOOKING FOR OWNERS FOR PREMIER LEAGUE PUSH" 😀

Do it like the unicef add starving neglected baby looking for its owner. Then put the pictures off here where ewood is rusty weedy mess. 

• Like 5

The biggest issue SW is failing in is his constant droning about how he wants to engage with the fans and support - he needs to tell the owners that the fans expect engagement and communication from them as well as he and that it’s now an urgent issue which is causing serious consternation 

• Like 2

• Backroom
On 04/09/2023 at 17:42, miqaayil said:

Why don't the trust take up a full page advert something like ...

"MISSING : OWNERS OF BRFC , if found please inform us "

OR 

"BRFC : LOOKING FOR OWNERS FOR PREMIER LEAGUE PUSH" 😀

If enough Trust members suggest/support the idea…

2 hours ago, 1864roverite said:

The biggest issue SW is failing in is his constant droning about how he wants to engage with the fans and support - he needs to tell the owners that the fans expect engagement and communication from them as well as he and that it’s now an urgent issue which is causing serious consternation 

Not that he shouldnt try but as if theyd listen. They are a lost cause.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, just had news letter.

Though have a question.

The club has always done consultation meetings as per the EFL guidelines, and I see you are planning one with SW and GB.

However unless you are a paid up trust member you must pay £10 to attend?

Why is something that has always been free to supporters now going to cost supporters £10 unless they join the trust?

Given membership is a few hundred on the trust (a low % of the supporter base) this is not the best way to gain additional traction and should be reconsidered.

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Though have a question.

The club has always done consultation meetings as per the EFL guidelines, and I see you are planning one with SW and GB.

Why is something that has always been free to supporters now going to cost supporters £10 unless they join the trust?

Given membership is a few hundred on the trust (a low % of the supporter base) this is not the best way to gain additional traction and should be reconsidered.

But since membership of the Trust is only £10 amd even that's a once only.....?

1 hour ago, glen9mullan said:

Though have a question.

Completely agree Glen. The issue has already been raised by one of our board members that any price should not have gone out in the newsletter. Given that we still need to finalise details with SW/GB it is very premature. It certainly hasn’t been agreed by the trust board, and is therefore an error.

Personally I agree we ought to be making it free, though we might have to have some sort of ticketing system as we don’t want to be either turning people away, or even worse ending up with an empty room.

I think the consultation meetings are a slightly different issue in that the club believe that they are now meeting their EFL obligations via the fans forum (I’m not sure I’d agree). We have previously requested they be re-instated. Although the output will likely be similar to a consultation meeting, this idea would be a Trust initiative rather than a club one though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Miller11 said:

Completely agree Glen. The issue has already been raised by one of our board members that any price should not have gone out in the newsletter. Given that we still need to finalise details with SW/GB it is very premature. It certainly hasn’t been agreed by the trust board, and is therefore an error.

Personally I agree we ought to be making it free, though we might have to have some sort of ticketing system as we don’t want to be either turning people away, or even worse ending up with an empty room.

I think the consultation meetings are a slightly different issue in that the club believe that they are now meeting their EFL obligations via the fans forum (I’m not sure I’d agree). We have previously requested they be re-instated. Although the output will likely be similar to a consultation meeting, this idea would be a Trust initiative rather than a club one though.

Thanks Duncan

5 hours ago, Miller11 said:

Is there a way of seeing if the EFL agree with this?

Edited to add - As I’m sure you know, this is the regulation - I’m not certain the fan’s forum covers this (specifically re 128.1.2.)

IMG_1228.thumb.jpeg.98e1237d09991abd2198ffeebd40add8.jpeg

Edited by wilsdenrover

Interesting bit in the newsletter (cheers for the email, @Mhead2 ) about the 23rd December being the next Trust takeover day and hoping for a 20k crowd. 

Obviously Watford won’t fetch too many, so to get close to that kind of crowd I presume it’s been agreed with Swag that it will be a tenner?

Good choice of game, as it will presumably still be an afternoon KO and there will be plenty of exiled fans arriving back for Christmas, families getting together and taking in a game, more enticing than our other festive fixture (NYD) etc.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

• Backroom
10 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Interesting bit in the newsletter (cheers for the email, @Mhead2 ) about the 23rd December being the next Trust takeover day and hoping for a 20k crowd. 

Obviously Watford won’t fetch too many, so to get close to that kind of crowd I presume it’s been agreed with Swag that it will be a tenner?

Good choice of game, as it will presumably still be an afternoon KO and there will be plenty of exiled fans arriving back for Christmas, families getting together and taking in a game, more enticing than our other festive fixture (NYD) etc.

Who knew a bit of knowledge about the locals could go so far, eh?

Hi Rovers! Heading to the Leicester Game and would like to offer 2 adult tickets and 2 children prior to my order for a family who may be struggling to go to games. Could someone help me find someone they may know. E-mail Rovers trust prior to season tickets but never got an answer. I documented my experience with the club. So just a small gesture for just my second trip to Ewood Park in 30 years! 

• Like 9

10 hours ago, roverstdt said:

Hi Rovers! Heading to the Leicester Game and would like to offer 2 adult tickets and 2 children prior to my order for a family who may be struggling to go to games. Could someone help me find someone they may know. E-mail Rovers trust prior to season tickets but never got an answer. I documented my experience with the club. So just a small gesture for just my second trip to Ewood Park in 30 years! 

Try and contact Rovers Community Trust. They do lots of good work in the community and could perhaps point you in the right direction.

https://www.rovers.co.uk/community/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Backroom

What is going on at We Are The Rovers? At the AGM I stepped back with the intention being to become a co-opted board member (Heritage) rather than elected, but was subsequently deleted from the WhatsApp group (ooo, bitchy) so I considered myself excommunicated.

I didn’t mind this too much as stepping down a touch was precisely because I couldn’t attend many meetings, due to my boys. I was still willing to contribute, but clearly nobody on the board felt I had a voice with any value.

Now I’m being told that the Chair has similarly felt ‘encouraged’ to step down? Doesn’t sit right with me after the solid (imo) progress made in the last 6 years after inheriting a board of two fantastic people wishing to step down themselves,  so almost an empty room.

I’ve given 5 years of volunteering, pioneered the Marketing Prospectus, and been fucked off to one side without any explanation or gratitude, and now the Chair has also stepped away. Don’t get me wrong, change can be needed and be a very good thing, but the nature of these changes hasn’t sat well with me tbh.

Can any board members please shed light? I have my own opinions on what (or who) has happened, but I’m open to changing my mind and appreciate I only really know my side of the story.

• Like 3