BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Rovers Trust

1 hour ago, rigger said:

I've never met Vladamir Putin, But I reckon he is a bit of an arse.

He just needs more time, the Russian people need to stick with him. And maybe appoint a director of football...etc.

Edited by Blow-in
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mike E said:

In a meeting with me, as acting Secretary of RT at the time (October 2021), he told me verbatim:

1.'Businesses and commercial is more important than fans in the ground'. He dismissed my response that a full ground would be more attractive to sponsors and other commercial opportunities, surely?

2. 'NFTs are the way forward for us to generate more revenue', despite that technology having peaked around 2015, so clearly behind the times.

3. He justified his belief that 'fans in the ground aren't as important anymore' by telling me he was a Hull fan, but his son supports Arsenal because of a YouTube personality he likes. I replied, that just meant he couldn't market his own club to his own son, so how can you market BRFC to ambivalent commercial interests? Again, no answer.

4. He also insisted 'there's nothing special about BRFC compared to other clubs'. Now while I understood that he was repeating the outsider view, it occurred to me that he SHOULD know what is special about BRFC and how to sell it to commercial interests (halves are relatively unique, most successful town club in the world, and our most significant rivalry is with the last town club to win the league before us over 60 years ago).

5. He reeled off a list of marketing qualifications, and wasn't happy when it was pointed out (can't remember if it was Duncan or John) that Simon Williams (our most successful marketing person in recent decades) only had a BA and wide-ranging experience and proof of results from a marketing standpoint, rather than giving me a list of letters after his name.

Basically a bloke full of ego and bluster, but no results.

And we have had (and still have) too many of those self serving egotistical types here.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mike E said:

In a meeting with me, as acting Secretary of RT at the time (October 2021), he told me verbatim:

1.'Businesses and commercial is more important than fans in the ground'. He dismissed my response that a full ground would be more attractive to sponsors and other commercial opportunities, surely?

2. 'NFTs are the way forward for us to generate more revenue', despite that technology having peaked around 2015, so clearly behind the times.

3. He justified his belief that 'fans in the ground aren't as important anymore' by telling me he was a Hull fan, but his son supports Arsenal because of a YouTube personality he likes. I replied, that just meant he couldn't market his own club to his own son, so how can you market BRFC to ambivalent commercial interests? Again, no answer.

4. He also insisted 'there's nothing special about BRFC compared to other clubs'. Now while I understood that he was repeating the outsider view, it occurred to me that he SHOULD know what is special about BRFC and how to sell it to commercial interests (halves are relatively unique, most successful town club in the world, and our most significant rivalry is with the last town club to win the league before us over 60 years ago).

5. He reeled off a list of marketing qualifications, and wasn't happy when it was pointed out (can't remember if it was Duncan or John) that Simon Williams (our most successful marketing person in recent decades) only had a BA and wide-ranging experience and proof of results from a marketing standpoint, rather than giving me a list of letters after his name.

Thanks Mike and I agree with your previous post about him. 

Fans in grounds is the more important especially for clubs like Rovers who aren't global brands like United, Liverpool or City. 

I still don't understand what the obsession is with NFT's and I agree with you on point 3. 

Lets hope we appoint someone who understand the local area community and how to attract fans back to the club

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike E said:

Slam..Dunk

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

And we have had (and still have) too many of those self serving egotistical types here.

Too right.

I remember watching "Sunderland Till I Die" and cringing at that slimy CEO, Martin Bain. I couldn't help thinking of Paul Senior..

Then there is Paul "You're playing with the big boys now " Agnew!

Not to mention the litany of other crooks, no-marks and clowns, bequeathed by this toxic ownership.

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 5

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Thanks Mike and I agree with your previous post about him. 

Fans in grounds is the more important especially for clubs like Rovers who aren't global brands like United, Liverpool or City. 

I still don't understand what the obsession is with NFT's and I agree with you on point 3. 

Lets hope we appoint someone who understand the local area community and how to attract fans back to the club

Question begged...Why and how TF did Fielder get through the door, let alone get his sweaty feet under the table?

12 hours ago, Mike E said:

What a fucking arse wipe.

An absolute nothing person.

• Like 1

On 24/04/2023 at 09:54, Mike E said:

Jesus Christ!...what chance have we got with people like this being involved in the Club?

8 minutes ago, rigger said:

Who gave him the job in the first place ?

Darrenrover, formerly of this parish, hinted that he was appointed directly by Venky’s and would work independently of and was lined up to eventually replace Waggott.

I doubted this as soon as I met Fielder, and having met the two together it was very clear Waggott was his superior.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

Darrenrover, formerly of this parish, hinted that he was appointed directly by Venky’s and would work independently of and was lined up to eventually replace Waggott.

I doubted this as soon as I met Fielder, and having met the two together it was very clear Waggott was his superior.

If even Waggott is deemed to be your superior then you really are in trouble…

• Like 1

Have we heard a single thing from Swag this season (or any ‘board member’)?

Now I don’t particularly want to hear anything from the cretin, but considering we have underground owners too it’s a notable wall of silence from ‘the board’.

I said back when Broughton was appointed last summer that this wasn't being done to improve matters or take us in a new direction. It was being done to distance Waggott and Pasha from any accountability, layer the operation and allow blame to be apportioned elsewhere.

Mowbray filled that role for them for the last 5 years with only Waggott appearing from time to time to bluff his way through e.g. after he was rumbled on the Brockhall stunt

They realised when Mowbray went that eyes would turn in their direction for answers and leadership. Oh dear. Solution? Well they'd be hard pressed to find a competent manager willing to do what Mowbray did and run the entire club with his mates, so the alternative is to get a Broughton in to 'run it' whilst they can hide away upstairs calling the shots but taking none of the blame when things go wrong.

And boy has it worked. I've seen an array of reasons and people blamed for our January debacle yet none seem to be the owners' rep or CEO (the two most powerful people at the club).

• Like 7