BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Mowbray stays as manager

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

And lucky he did. You know how some of our fans can get hysterical :)

Yeah fair play to him but lets hope he doesn't change his mind after his Pune trip where i expect there'll be a contract extension on the table for him, maybe he does as well ;)

15 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Yeah fair play to him but lets hope he doesn't change his mind after his Pune trip where i expect there'll be a contract extension on the table for him, maybe he does as well ;)

As long as they don't offer him a job in one of their other businesses! #businessvenkysstyle

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

As long as they don't offer him a job in one of their other businesses! #businessvenkysstyle

Well they do seem to run their core business with a rational decision process. 

• Backroom

Take sentimentality out of the equation and there are few if any reasons for Mowbray to jump ship to Ipswich.

Our squad is at least as good and may even be better than Ipswich. Even if Venky's only give him a couple of million to spend it'll probably be a couple million more than Evans will give him. In terms of debt both clubs owe a shit ton to their owners so nothing different there. He'd have to start from square one in getting to know the players and overall structure, and he'd have a pretty tough act to follow in Mick McCarthy, who has frankly worked miracles keeping Ipswich competitive in the Championship with the resources available. 

Rovers have issues but we are a club on the up with some decent players who clearly have a lot of respect for Mowbray. With all due respect to Ipswich, he'd be a fool to leave here and go there. He's a smart bloke and I think he's well aware of that - I'd be stunned if he even entertained the idea, but by the sounds of it he's fully focused on Rovers.

5 hours ago, DE. said:

Take sentimentality out of the equation and there are few if any reasons for Mowbray to jump ship to Ipswich.

Our squad is at least as good and may even be better than Ipswich. Even if Venky's only give him a couple of million to spend it'll probably be a couple million more than Evans will give him. In terms of debt both clubs owe a shit ton to their owners so nothing different there. He'd have to start from square one in getting to know the players and overall structure, and he'd have a pretty tough act to follow in Mick McCarthy, who has frankly worked miracles keeping Ipswich competitive in the Championship with the resources available. 

Rovers have issues but we are a club on the up with some decent players who clearly have a lot of respect for Mowbray. With all due respect to Ipswich, he'd be a fool to leave here and go there. He's a smart bloke and I think he's well aware of that - I'd be stunned if he even entertained the idea, but by the sounds of it he's fully focused on Rovers.

Bet he earns more here than he would there too. Is also able to just get on with the job here too with owners that are not even seemingly interested in the day-to-day running of the club.

“All we have achieved is getting promoted out of League One.

“That doesn’t rank that highly in my list of personal achievements.”

He added: “Blackburn Rovers shouldn’t be in League One so while the achievement is great, it’s not high on my achievement list because I expect it.”

10 years ago (West Brom) were going to the Premier League to play Manchester United and that made me proud and you look forward to that fixture list and you’re playing Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal.

“That’s what I want for this club, then you feel a pride.”

• Backroom
8 hours ago, JacknOry said:

Bet he earns more here than he would there too. Is also able to just get on with the job here too with owners that are not even seemingly interested in the day-to-day running of the club.

I'm not sure, I think Evans pays his managers a decent amount but it's on the proviso that less money will be made available for transfers & wages. I don't think Mick would have hung around for as long as he did without a decent deal in place. 

2 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

He added: “Blackburn Rovers shouldn’t be in League One so while the achievement is great, it’s not high on my achievement list because I expect it.”

10 years ago (West Brom) were going to the Premier League to play Manchester United and that made me proud and you look forward to that fixture list and you’re playing Tottenham, Chelsea and Arsenal.

Tony is spot on there. Nice to be promoted but realistically if not for Coyle we would never have been playing at such a level to begin with. A wrong has now been righted but this summer we'll see whether Venky's have really learned anything from their mistakes. 

3 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Tony my man...! 

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

I share that view, we want to be back in the Premier League as soon as possible as that is where Blackburn Rovers football club should be. 

I remember the 1st few seasons we were in the PL back in 92 to 96. Those are some of the greatest memories I will ever have. The other great football memories I have are the Mark Hughes days of manager. 

Type of mentality I prefer to hear but it's sometimes a mix with Mowbray. Not sure why he singles out United though Rovers have more importance attached to that fixture (or at least ought to) than West Brom do.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

I share that view, we want to be back in the Premier League as soon as possible as that is where Blackburn Rovers football club should be. 

I remember the 1st few seasons we were in the PL back in 92 to 96. Those are some of the greatest memories I will ever have. The other great football memories I have are the Mark Hughes days of manager. 

Hodgson's first season? Souness? 

5 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Type of mentality I prefer to hear but it's sometimes a mix with Mowbray. Not sure why he singles out United though Rovers have more importance attached to that fixture (or at least ought to) than West Brom do.

Hodgson's first season? Souness? 

under Hodgson we should have finish top 3 not 6th. 

I admired what Souness did but he lost the plot the final 16 months he was here. 

under Hodgson we should have finish top 3 not 6th. 

I admired what Souness did but he lost the plot the final 16 months he was here. 

Kinda like Hughes has this season (not forgetting his horrendous spell at QPR but he seemed to have moved on from that) but you don't seem to take that on board.

A few solid signings - Championship equivalents of Smallwood and Downing, and some decent loanees from the PL. Not kids who don’t have experience, not Murphys or Etuhus. Pros who have experience of success in this league and have a point to prove.

• Backroom
43 minutes ago, Stuart said:

A few solid signings - Championship equivalents of Smallwood and Downing, and some decent loanees from the PL. Not kids who don’t have experience, not Murphys or Etuhus. Pros who have experience of success in this league and have a point to prove.

Agreed. No 'marquee' signing needed. Sensible signings to fit our playing needs on the pitch.

While I have rough ideas of what I'd like to see, I have faith Mowbray will do a reasonable job.

Just now, Mike E said:

Agreed. No 'marquee' signing needed. Sensible signings to fit our playing needs on the pitch.

While I have rough ideas of what I'd like to see, I have faith Mowbray will do a reasonable job.

What's reasonable?

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

Kinda like Hughes has this season (not forgetting his horrendous spell at QPR but he seemed to have moved on from that) but you don't seem to take that on board.

Not interest in Hughes at QPR as I was talking about my greatest Rovers memories not football memories. 

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Agree on no marquee signings needed. Stuart makes good point but I think we should at Shrewsbury Jon Nolan. Plus a couple of others in league 1 as I feel they could step up to Championship level. We need a target man striker who knows the championship.

I have faith Mowbray will do a good job on recruitment level

Not interest in Hughes at QPR as I was talking about my greatest Rovers memories not football memories. 

Agree on no marquee signings needed. Stuart makes good point but I think we should at Shrewsbury Jon Nolan. Plus a couple of others in league 1 as I feel they could step up to Championship level. We need a target man striker who knows the championship.

I have faith Mowbray will do a good job on recruitment level

We need players that are too good for the championship !

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

So you do have the ability to remember!!!!

But football fans don't have memories according to some.

Always wondered what selective memory was.

Archived