BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Champions League 2017-2018

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should be annoyed if Real fans are stupid enough to celebrate already. Who wouldn't be? Typical stupidity of football fans. Then again just noted Liverpool haven't even played their 2nd leg yet! Sums up my enthusiasm for televised football these days.

Agree with Liverpool's tendency to complain though!

Let's be honest, Real Franco are the worst for assuming privilege. They have the government and/or their own bank to bail them out if they over spend and believe they have a divine right to acquire any player or manager they wish. Whoever wins tonight, I hope they stuff the symbol of Spanish Fascism and misplaced arrogance into next week. They are another level to what some call FUP.

44 minutes ago, Norbert Rassragr said:

Let's be honest, Real Franco are the worst for assuming privilege. They have the government and/or their own bank to bail them out if they over spend and believe they have a divine right to acquire any player or manager they wish. Whoever wins tonight, I hope they stuff the symbol of Spanish Fascism and misplaced arrogance into next week. They are another level to what some call FUP.

Kinda like the Spanish equivalent of United in some ways though the latter exploited other issues rather than having the support of a dictatorship. The whole Catalonia v Spain grudge with Barcelona/Madrid outweighs anything in England really. There's certainly nothing in this country that tops it politically. I'm not gonna get into the whole "biggest this, biggest that" though there are other games just as big in a purely footballing sense. I guess Liverpool could kinda be the "Barcelona equivalent" if they were truly as ostracised as they think they are. They probably see themselves as Catalonia equivalent in a way as some call it the "People's Republic of Liverpool". I think the people of Catalonia have suffered just a little more than self pity city though.

Sky not bid for Spanish football next season, that's £18 million saved, they should spend that on football league and show more efl games. Not surprising, rovers v Peterbrough got more viewers the other week than Barcelonas match. 

3 hours ago, Tom said:

Didn’t Liverpool have an open top parade organised for their premier league win a few years back?

I think those things are more "provisional plans" than outright saying it was definitely going to happen. With health & safety being like it is now that's probably why! 

3 hours ago, AAK said:

Sky not bid for Spanish football next season, that's £18 million saved, they should spend that on football league and show more efl games. Not surprising, rovers v Peterbrough got more viewers the other week than Barcelonas match. 

Bizarre especially since the viewers were probably mostly neutral. Though some would have been Rovers/Peterborough fans and some may have been Barcelona fans.

Anyway more on the La Liga rights situation here. It's not BT as some may have imagined...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43976560

Real Madrid at least qualified as Champions though. I'll make certain exceptions (defending trophy holders even if they didn't win their domestic league would be one) but generally prefer teams that won their domestic leagues to win it. It's one of UEFA's many faults though obviously not as bad as FUP. C Ronaldo's egotism irks though and I've always liked Barcelona more than Real. Obviously I never want United to win it champions or not. As for Man City (obviously I like City more than Liverpool so it would be different if it was them in the final despite not qualifying as champs this season) they deserve to deliver a big FU to UEFA more than most. PSG to an extent as well I guess. As for the Europa League I wouldn't be so bothered if the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, placed teams in the major leagues were allowed to enter that. Some might think in certain years the Europa would be a higher standard if that was the case (such as this season with City and Barcelona dominating their domestic leagues if they reached the Europa final in that scenario) but so be it. 

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I can see the final being 4-3 either way. I hope Liverpool win it.

Me too because I’m a Barca fan. 

Really enjoyed the Roma v Liverpool game tonight. Those fans are bloody loud and still singing proudly after the final whistle. 

If Liverpool defend like that RM will tear them a new one.

They can score goals but concede for fun.

Salah has gone a bit quiet after a long hard season and I hope he gets his mojo back for the Final and the WC.

I hope Liverpool win the Final but also like Real.

1 hour ago, AllRoverAsia said:

If Liverpool defend like that RM will tear them a new one.

They can score goals but concede for fun.

Salah has gone a bit quiet after a long hard season and I hope he gets his mojo back for the Final and the WC.

I hope Liverpool win the Final but also like Real.

Apart from the two wonder goals he scored in the first leg of the semi final ???

39 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Apart from the two wonder goals he scored in the first leg of the semi final ???

I meant in most recent games. OBVIOUSLY, well to me anyway.

Salah, a player having a fantatic season, is one of the main reasons that I will watch the Final, Ronaldo too, who always has a great season.

I hope Salah is on top form

Liverpool made it hard but are in the final.

It was funny watching. Even at half time yesterday, knowing that Liverpool were up 7-3 on aggregate that they could lose it at any stage, and they almost did.

Salah was quiet, but it didn't matter as Mane was exceptional. Barring injuries, I expect the same 11 in the final. Lallana may be fit by then giving them an extra option.

Roll on May 26th, it will be a good final.

Over the two legs Bayern should have walked to the final. Easily the better team over both legs. But real are there again and as much as I really want Liverpool to win it I can't see anything other than an easy night for Madrid. Alexander Arnold will get destroyed on that side. He is great going forward but my God he has absolutely no positional sense or awerness and I wouldn't want him anywhere near that England squad just yet. 

3-0 Madrid but I hope I'm wrong 

3 hours ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Over the two legs Bayern should have walked to the final. Easily the better team over both legs. But real are there again and as much as I really want Liverpool to win it I can't see anything other than an easy night for Madrid. Alexander Arnold will get destroyed on that side. He is great going forward but my God he has absolutely no positional sense or awerness and I wouldn't want him anywhere near that England squad just yet. 

3-0 Madrid but I hope I'm wrong 

They should have. Bayern missed so many chances, and made daft mistakes.

I wonder how well Alexander-Arnold would do with van Dijk next to him? Lovren is prone to losing the plot, van Dijk isn't.

2 hours ago, speeeeeeedie said:

They should have. Bayern missed so many chances, and made daft mistakes.

I wonder how well Alexander-Arnold would do with van Dijk next to him? Lovren is prone to losing the plot, van Dijk isn't.

It would certainly aid his development to have a defender like van dijk at the side of him. He has all the attributes to be a top player and I believe he will be but he's alot farer away from the finished article than he is being portrayed in the media. 

Bayern were unlucky. They should have had at least one nailed on penalty with the Marcelo handball and they were so wasteful in front of goal, not to mention the Bayern keeper forgetting the back pass  rule and having what is known in the industry as a complete brain fart but madrid haven't got to that many finals by chance and I fear a rude awakening is on the cards for the red side of mersyside

Anyone watching the arsenal game. I've escaped to the pub before work to watch it why the in laws are round. Bellerin has been shocking first half. Still don't know what the hype and constant links to Barcelona are all about. Overall they look well set up with a decent game plan. Then I went for a leak, came back, looked at the screen, Wilshire is rolling round holding his knee and arsenal are one nil down. Boy did they blow that first leg at home. I can't see anything but another European exit and arsenal tv going on for the rest of the night :D 

Don't know if it's just me but for me the prospect of the CL final is a very strange one. 

On the one hand, neither side can defend and both are great going forward so in itself it should be a very entertaining game. 

On the other hand it's a match up between one side currently 15 points off the pace in La Liga against another 21 points behind the Premier League Leaders. Who cares? The battle of the also rans - a bit like a Watford / Leicester FA Cup Final. I'd have been able to take it a lot more seriously if it had been Citeh up against one of the winners of the other European Leagues.

Plus the Liverpool fans' sense of entitlement is already almost unbearable  *** because they were brilliant in the 70's and 80's.  If they win this they'll be even more insufferable.

*** Nearly as bad as those of our fans who think the League 1 title is beneath us!

:D :P

Archived