SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rochdale Away

RV Blue

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Keith Hill in his Rovers days. I think I can name them all but struggling with the guy on the left of the back row (behind Barker). Was he the one we spent decent money on (50k ish) and he didn't do a lot? Think he was Scottish.

Image result for keith hill blackburn rovers player

Ally Dawson..

26 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Keith Hill in his Rovers days. I think I can name them all but struggling with the guy on the left of the back row (behind Barker). Was he the one we spent decent money on (50k ish) and he didn't do a lot? Think he was Scottish.

Image result for keith hill blackburn rovers player

With Chris Price looking like a young Jack Nicholson. And another Rochdale connection with Tony Diamond.

Patty is sat a bit close to those trophies really, with those lugs he blends in a bit too well.

Dawson, Miller, Hendry, Hill, Mail

Price, Barker, Diamond, O'Keefe, Gennoe, Millar, Gayle

Sellars, Curry, Patterson, Reid, Sulley, Ainscow, Garner.

Enjoyed watching that team. In fact some of my happiest Rovers memories were under Don Mackay - especially away from home, we seemed to win 2-1 on a regular basis.

Just now, oldjamfan1 said:

Patty is sat a bit close to those trophies really, with those lugs he blends in a bit too well.

Enjoyed watching that team. In fact some of my happiest Rovers memories were under Don Mackay - especially away from home, we seemed to win 2-1 on a regular basis.

If you coud have one player to play for us now out of that squad who would it be ?  Possibly Nicky Reid for me. Not the best player there by far but one who'd roll his sleeves up, get stuck in and lead by example. I never saw him take a backward step.

Gennoe, Hendry, Barker, Garner, Sellars  were all top class.

The way we're fixed for centre halves at the moment Keith Hill would get a game.

19 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

These were also good days for me, i followed them home and away ,i also remember many trips to Plymouth for some reason.

I met CH on the day he arrived at the club, a lovely man who had time for anyone.

Going back on the DM era i recall a long unbeaten run that ended at stoke,if i remember correctly  something like 20 games ,so many memories with a lot of those players ,i have one with scott sellars but my favorite was Simon garner after he either got two  yellows or a straight red at Huddersfield ,we left the ground and spotted him near the coach having a drink,almost certain he had a fag in his hand as well,still had time to have a chat with us....

Barker, Sellars & Garner during the summer would come and join us down at Witton Park Astroturf  for a friendly match, different times. Garner's speed of thought and short back lift was awesome, with the ball in the back of our net before I could blink! 

Anyone who can remember Ally Dawson playing has a great memory !

I remember his flash Golf GTI though, would be worth an absolute mint that in todays classics market.

12 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

Any update on tickets sold? I believe our allocation is just over 3k for this.

Around 2.5 k as off yesterday i think.

It will be interesting to see how we line up. Evans did 90 minutes for NI last night and Mulgrew has this potential injury. Ideally you wouldn't want to play a game without at least 1 of those in your team this season. Two important players for us.

On that basis, I'd go:

Raya

Caddis Ward Downing Hart or Doyle

Smallwood Evans

Chapman Bennett Conway

Samuel 

I chose that out of lack of choice really. Ideally we'd have other centre halves but these are the pieces we have to play with. Williams is suffering a crisis of confidence and that's why I have left him out. Evans can be replaced with that young lad Rakeem if we're doing well. 

2 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

It will be interesting to see how we line up. Evans did 90 minutes for NI last night and Mulgrew has this potential injury. Ideally you wouldn't want to play a game without at least 1 of those in your team this season. Two important players for us.

On that basis, I'd go:

Raya

Caddis Ward Downing Hart or Doyle

Smallwood Evans

Chapman Bennett Conway

Samuel 

I chose that out of lack of choice really. Ideally we'd have other centre halves but these are the pieces we have to play with. Williams is suffering a crisis of confidence and that's why I have left him out. Evans can be replaced with that young lad Rakeem if we're doing well. 

Is Dack back? 

5 hours ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Trophies: Lancashire Cup & Full Members Cup

Archived