BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Oldham away

JBiz

We need to be going to teams who sit low in the table and winning if we are expecting to get anywhere near promotion. 

Could really do with a performance to go with the win really, as we’ve not looked overly convincing in the last couple of games. I’ll take a scrappy win every week though if that’s what it takes.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, 4000Holes said:

Why Chaddy?  Please give some reasons, as Antonsson has been scoring.  Not questioning your opinion but follow it up with some reasons as you can't just leave like that as the reason maybe you just don't like him?  I am sure that is not the case but give us your reasoning.

Just want someone with pace, skills and tricky on the break that would give us something extra in games like this

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I thought you rated Antonsson as a wide player ?

I do..just think Chapman skills and tricky would get us some extra on the counter attack. 

7 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Just want someone with pace, skills and tricky on the break that would give us something extra in games like this

I do..just think Chapman skills and tricky would get us some extra on the counter attack. 

I think Mowbray was pretty clear at the Supporters Consultation that Chapman isn't going to start from the beginning for a while yet (barring injuries), especially not away from home.

Can't see any changes for this game , Champman on bench Usual back 5  , Whittingham to start with Smallwood in midfield , Dack Bennet and Antonsson behind Samuel 

He'd be a fool to change the formation after our success on the road. Two banks of four again, rather than the 4-2-3-1 against Gillingham:-

Raya

Caddis Ward/Downing Mulgrew Williams

Bennett   Evans   Smallwood    Conway (if fit)

Dack

Samuel

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

He'd be a fool to change the formation after our success on the road. Two banks of four again, rather than the 4-2-3-1 against Gillingham:-

Raya

Dack

Samuel

That'd be my team given the failure of anybody who played in the recent Bury game to grab a shirt.

• Backroom

I'd also go with the above... I'd have Nuttall on the bench though after another 2 goals midweek. Surely Tony can't keep ignoring him? He's only on a one year contract, if he doesn't play he'll be off like a shot in summer.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

I think Mowbray was pretty clear at the Supporters Consultation that Chapman isn't going to start from the beginning for a while yet (barring injuries), especially not away from home.

Not yet listened to it yet so didnt know that

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Raya

Dack

Samuel

No to Ward. Downing played 3 and 3 wins and 3 clean sheets

26 minutes ago, nathan_rovers1 said:

Bloody hell, I called and purchased mine this morning and they say 3000.... 

Always same with Rovers fans, we always shift a load last few days. Just going off twitter and they replied to some saying 200 left, so presume that means 3300 sold mate

20 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

My team for this game would be the same starting 11 that started the last league game apart from Antonsson out and Chapman in

I presume you didn't go to the Bury game then Chaddy? Chapman's performance there showed you exactly why Mowbray won't be starting him any time soon (as well as Mowbray's insights into his lack of footballing nous at the Supporters' Meeting).

Looking like another cracking following has been the case all the time one thing is for certain the support from the stands is phenomenal and always has been despite the off the field antics over the past seven years or so.. Looking forward to it can't believe it's been so long since we last met Oldham in a league game at boundary Park.. Well before the prem days I remember a certain good Friday game were Frankie Bunn tormented Rovers to death and if memory serves me right at the time Oldham still had wooden steps at the top of the covered home end 

48 minutes ago, only2garners said:

I presume you didn't go to the Bury game then Chaddy? Chapman's performance there showed you exactly why Mowbray won't be starting him any time soon (as well as Mowbray's insights into his lack of footballing nous at the Supporters' Meeting).

No I didnt. Was working that Tuesday night. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Mowbray said Chapman wont start soon due to his inability to defend but I'm not too sure that Antonsson is any better in that regard.

Yeah I agree, that's why I've gone for Conway. For me Antonsson either plays up front alongside Samuel or he's a sub to bring on if we need a goal with 20 mins to go. I wouldn't start him on Saturday at any price.

I've gone for Samuel with Dack behind him.

Archived