BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Just now, JimEdd said:

In my opinion, Dack and his agent will make the final decision on whether or not he moves.  I think the Rovers will do their best to keep him, but one scenario seems to stand out.  Dack is London born and bred; played as a boy for Charlton, moved on to Gillingham and a move back down south may tempt him.  If Fulham sell Cairney, which is on the cards, for £10m plus, Dack would be a ready-made replacement and they would have the funds to come in with a substantial offer.  This may tempt the player, and Rovers to let him go.  Hope it doesn't happen, but if the player wants to go, little point in keeping him.  Who wants an unhappy player?

He's nothing like Cairney as a player.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, islander200 said:

There isn't really anything suspicious about Dack being linked with other clubs if he was at any other club in this division and had performed the way he has then the same links would be appearing .

The season before last when he was performing so well for Gillingham  Bristol City had a 2 million bid rejected and supposedly Crystal Palace had an interest aswell. 

This is why 750k seems such a steal. There must be a hefty sell-on fee in there or something.

Just now, islander200 said:

There isn't really anything suspicious about Dack being linked with other clubs if he was at any other club in this division and had performed the way he has then the same links would be appearing .

The season before last when he was performing so well for Gillingham  Bristol City had a 2 million bid rejected and supposedly Crystal Palace had an interest aswell. 

Ya, exactly, interest is to be expected. It's between him and Powell for who is the best player in the league imo. 

If I was Waggot or Cheston or whoever makes the decisions I'd say £10 million for Dack or go elsewhere. Simple as that. He's worth far more to us as our player than he is someone elses. The money we earn from promotion will be more than £4 million and the money we can sell him for between 5-10 in the summer anyway. There's literally no worth to selling him now.

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

If I was Waggot or Cheston or whoever makes the decisions I'd say £10 million for Dack or go elsewhere. Simple as that. He's worth far more to us as our player than he is someone elses. The money we earn from promotion will be more than £4 million and the money we can sell him for between 5-10 in the summer anyway. There's literally no worth to selling him now.

Ah deferred gratification!

Do the crooked Indians know about that one?

Just now, JimEdd said:

In my opinion, Dack and his agent will make the final decision on whether or not he moves.  I think the Rovers will do their best to keep him, but one scenario seems to stand out.  Dack is London born and bred; played as a boy for Charlton, moved on to Gillingham and a move back down south may tempt him.  If Fulham sell Cairney, which is on the cards, for £10m plus, Dack would be a ready-made replacement and they would have the funds to come in with a substantial offer.  This may tempt the player, and Rovers to let him go.  Hope it doesn't happen, but if the player wants to go, little point in keeping him.  Who wants an unhappy player?

We've fallen for that old trick before. Supposedly Rhodes, Gestede, Cairney, Marshall, Hanley and Duffy were all desperate to leave the club and poor old Rovers could do nothing to keep them once they had decided they wanted to move.

I think we can safely say that the club and its ancillary staff behind the scenes were more than happy to offload those players, and that all of them with the possible exception of Gestede, could have stayed had the owners and their friends not had a sudden thirst for cash and decided to sell whoever they could. Lets remember that Gestede was the only one who moved up a division. Rhodes, Cairney, Hanley, Duffy and Marshall joined direct rivals and Rovers were more than happy to allow that to happen.

The giveaway is that if Rovers had really been reluctant to let them go then there would have been rumours of improved contracts offered to try and keep them or at the very least reinvestment of the proceeds to rebuild. The fact the money disappeared suggests it had long been earmarked for other things than improving the club.

Blaming the player is just a mechanism to deflect blame away from Venkys and their friends and towards the players - hoodwinking fans into thinking the club remains ambitious and that they aren't to blame for selling the fans favourites to rivals.

That's why I worry about the coming week - the minute we start hearing 'rumours' from the media gang about Dack being tempted/having his head turned then we can see the same process repeating itself.

Last week it was Norwich, this week Cardiff, I’m sure next week will be Leeds, etc.

Someone’s desperate to sell him for us, even NIXON (chief of the brigade trying to sell our players) thinks that it’s made up rubbish.

I’m yet to see a reputable source that weve actually received or rejected a bid.

Dack won’t leave this window.

Just now, Gav said:

Dack only signed for us in the summer, he's going nowhere unless he's forced out.

He's not Premiership class and also go as far as to say he's not top half Championship either.

Mulgrew is

Not yet perhaps but he certainly has the potential to be. I reckon he could be top half championship class now. Hopefully we will find out next season.

13 minutes ago, JimEdd said:

He strikes me as anything but unhappy why should he be his football is going great and he was supposedly angling for a move from Gillingham all last year, well he got one.  You telling me that going to Bristol or Cardiff would cure his homeboy woes which he was quite happy to forsake 6 months ago ?

Fulham may be tempting but will they splash what it would take of that 10 mill to get an unproven player at that level, doubt it.

If Dack does get sold it will be on the last day of the window (classic Venkys) so rest easy for another week yet.

I don’t think he’ll leave.

If Cairney moves for big money I think Rovers have a % sell on clause (according to Rich from the LT). That will help.

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

and you would be wrong :) 

Woah, woah, woah BDS. Gav isn't "most fans". He can see quality where others can't. His football knowledge blows all of ours away. Way back in 2015 he saw the class of Lowe - listen to him. Outside of Chaddy Gav is easily our most knowledgeable football man on these boards. The only fan to see Lowe's qualities. Outstanding.

1 minute ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Woah, woah, woah BDS. Gav isn't "most fans". He can see quality where others can't. His football knowledge blows all of ours away. Way back in 2015 he saw the class of Lowe - listen to him. Outside of Chaddy Gav is easily our most knowledgeable football man on these boards. The only fan to see Lowe's qualities. Outstanding.

Look, he isn't top 10 championship, no wait, top 6, no sorry, top 2, actually Premier league, no top 10 premier league, actually I meant top 4, no no scratch that,  good enough for Barcelona or Real, so deal with it!  

14 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Top half, top 8 and finally he settles on top 6 

8 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Look, he isn't top 10 championship, no wait, top 6, no sorry, top 2, actually Premier league, no top 10 premier league, actually I meant top 4, no no scratch that,  good enough for Barcelona or Real, so deal with it!  

stooges_primary.jpg

Just now, JacknOry said:

You have to admit it was funny. At least this means you do think he he is good enough for top half, just not quite top 6.

He is good enough for Fulham (7th) and Middlesborough (8th) , but clearly not good enough for Sheffield Utd(6th) and Bristol city (5th). It is that black and white, now stop being silly :) 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is good enough for Fulham (7th) and Middlesborough (8th) , but clearly not good enough for Sheffield Utd(6th) and Bristol city (5th). It is that black and white, now stop being silly :) 

I think he should change it to top 4 

Its more than just the money. Everything is trending upwards at the minute.

The sale of Dack would put a real dent in that.

Unless Dack asks to move, we should be rejecting all bids .

If he is really set on a move then we pursuade him to wait until the summer and then we will let him move on

The stakes are to high at the minute for us

Just now, FGS5635 said:

Its more than just the money. Everything is trending upwards at the minute.

The sale of Dack would put a real dent in that.

Unless Dack asks to move, we should be rejecting all bids .

If he is really set on a move then we pursuade him to wait until the summer and then we will let him move on

The stakes are to high at the minute for us

Exactly, whatever we can get for him now - we would still be able to get for him in the summer and possibly more.

3 hours ago, JHRover said:

Unfortunately you've just disproved your own argument there using Cairney as the example. Looking at him now he's one of the most sought after players outside the Premier League and has become an integral player for Fulham in two promotion pushes. Newcastle were rumoured to be interested and were quoted £20 million and WBA were looking last week with reported £15 million bids. Yet we sold him unnecessarily a couple of years ago for just £3 million, despite his obvious potential and importance.

How have I disproved an argument that we will receive more money if we sell him next year whilst in the championship than sell him whilst in league one ??  :rolleyes:

Archived