BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

I hope he's better than Harper. I'd rather have Lowe.

I don't see the point in bringing in another midfield player unless they are a definite improvement on what we already have or if we are buying someone like Camps who has potential.Im happy with our window so far but am a bit bemused with all the loan deals when Mowbray said he wanted permanent transfers

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, roversfan99 said:

Edging his bets? Doesnt sound like him.

More loans would go against Mowbrays insistence that he doesnt like to overly rely on loans with Antonsson, Chapman, Payne and Armstrong already at the club.

Bennett has found a new home, one more pacy permanent winger would finish off the squad and see us ready to push for the top. Lowe would bring the happy fans atmosphere right down.

I agree on the winger point but we haven't really been linked with anyone like that all window and judging by yesterday it would appear TM thinks one or both of Payne and Armstrong can operate wide.

Just now, islander200 said:

I don't see the point in bringing in another midfield player unless they are a definite improvement on what we already have or if we are buying someone like Camps who has potential.Im happy with our window so far but am a bit bemused with all the loan deals when Mowbray said he wanted permanent transfers

There is always the possibility that Nixon is talking out of his chuff.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree on the winger point but we haven't really been linked with anyone like that all window and judging by yesterday it would appear TM thinks one or both of Payne and Armstrong can operate wide.

True but I just personally think that Armstrong isnt a winger, and to have someone like Chapman who stretches the play opens things up for Dack/Payne/Graham.

Just now, roversfan99 said:

True but I just personally think that Armstrong isnt a winger, and to have someone like Chapman who stretches the play opens things up for Dack/Payne/Graham.

I agree. It's just my reading of what TM is thinking.

Does anyone stalk Chapman on social media? Any further news on his progress?

10 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I hope he's better than Harper. I'd rather have Lowe.

I am not as down on Lowe as some posters on here - however he has been out injured a lot - and one of his main attributes was his athleticism. Personally would much prefer to see Tomlinson or Travis given some game time, rather than going back - he was the past, time to move on.

3 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

There is always the possibility that Nixon is talking out of his chuff.

Yeah but one reason why I believe he has heard something about Lowe is when he was initially linked he kind of scoffed at the link and said he didn't see where he fitted in.If we are looking for a midfielder surely it should be someone who is a passer of the ball someone in the mould of a younger Whittingham not a water carrier and injury prone like Jason Lowe we already have Corry Evans for that

Just now, islander200 said:

Yeah but one reason why I believe he has heard something about Lowe is when he was initially linked he kind of scoffed at the link and said he didn't see where he fitted in.If we are looking for a midfielder surely it should be someone who is a passer of the ball someone in the mould of a younger Whittingham not a water carrier and injury prone like Jason Lowe we already have Corry Evans for that

"Could" he not just be recycling the original Andy Bayes link?

(He said hopefully)

Although if you're looking for like for like cover for Whittingham and Evans (perform in fairly useless fashion and be injured half the time) I guess Lowe would be ideal.

3 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I agree. It's just my reading of what TM is thinking.

Does anyone stalk Chapman on social media? Any further news on his progress?

Dack consistently ribs him on there because he is now winning what seems to be a nutmeg competition between the two. Dack got one in the mesmerising run he did not too long ago. 

• Backroom

Would another loan mean one of ours get terminated or made permanent?

We currently have 4 domestic loans how many can we have?

Would love Chapman to sign permanently 

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Me too but id like to see him play after his injury first. 

So hang on, Nixon says we’re after a CM (where we have injuries), and it’ll either be Lowe (previously broke by someone else) and if its not Lowe, it will be somebody else somewhere in the world? Jesus...

118DEB1A-1176-484B-958C-DC4FD2572BBA.png

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

But he loves the club....discuss haha

I don't care if he has tattoos , shares and his middle name is Jack walker I never want to see him at ewood again unless he's in the stand watching his mates reminiscing about the luckiest years of his life

Just now, Oldgregg86 said:

I don't care if he has tattoos , shares and his middle name is Jack walker I never want to see him at ewood again unless he's in the stand watching his mates reminiscing about the luckiest years of his life

There is that, I suppose!.

A certain agent(Simon Conning?) put all the younger players on club shattering contracts. I remember Agnew having the gall to come on Radio Lancs and say the "emergence" of Jason Lowe was the reason for Salgado losing his place. Not Lowe's fault, of course, but I can't ever forget it.

As for making him captain with Mulgrew at the club....State of Denmark/rotten etc

I suspect any talk of J Lowe coming back is only mischief making on Nixon's part. He's an arse with an axe to grind and our recent success will be seriously rankling with him. Desperate measures in an attempt to mix a bottle in my eyes.

I just hope that our intrepid owners don't score yet another own goal before 1st Feb. Roll on midnight on 31st Jan!

29 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

But he loves the club....discuss haha

If Jason Lowe comes back it should only be with his seat in the stand and his season ticket to watch others do what he can't do on a football pitch in a blue and white shirt.

5 hours ago, Tom said:

not sure there is a limit on how many you can have at the club but only 5 can be named in match day squads, and no more than 4 from any single club I think that was brought in after watford loaned a few from another club owned buy the owners.

Archived