BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

Just now, islander200 said:

In fairness earlier today someone on Twitter was giving him the credit for the scoop on the Bell signing and he didn't take it said he wouldn't take credit for a signing he didn't break.He doesn't post much Rovers news these days and has come up with some rubbish but he did have contacts at rovers back in the day it was him who broke the Santa Cruz story amongst others 

He throws in that shit from time to time to quell those of us that see through him.  He is a journalist and not a very good one at that. He makes a living out of being very vague, then claiming anything that happens. been following him for many years.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom
17 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Most of his tweets are a variation of the following

"Team A interested in player. Long way to go yet. Manager also looking at other options,including possibly one or two out" 

He blocked me for pointing this out 

Followed by a retweet with 'aye' when one of his many links comes off

The most accurate I have seen recently is Peter O'Rourke

17 minutes ago, Tom said:

Followed by a retweet with 'aye' when one of his many links comes off

The most accurate I have seen recently is Peter O'Rourke

Few people laughed off Peter O’Rourke stories in the summer saying he’s always off the mark, but as you say he has been the most consistent by a long shot since then. Broke the likes of Whittingham.

11 minutes ago, islander200 said:

Nixon reckons we are in for a midfielder. I really hope we don't see Lowe coming back to the club.Id like to see us take a chance on Camps.Whoever we bring in should be an upgrade on what ever we already have.Our youngsters can act as squad fillers

I'd rather we went for Camps who may well turn out to be a good player rather than Lowe who I don't think ever will.

At the game today in hospitality care of the Fleetwood chairman's best mate and was told the Bell deal was definitely 300k plus a sell on clause which he wouldn't elaborate on, so guess it's relatively high. Fingers crossed he comes good for us!

Just now, schoey said:

At the game today in hospitality care of the Fleetwood chairman's best mate and was told the Bell deal was definitely 300k plus a sell on clause which he wouldn't elaborate on, so guess it's relatively high. Fingers crossed he comes good for us!

I'm guessing the sell on clause was the hold-up in the deal.

13 minutes ago, schoey said:

Seems pointless when he was going to be free in summer.  He's not even a guaranteed starter. Unless they would be due compensation for him? 

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Seems pointless when he was going to be free in summer.  He's not even a guaranteed starter. Unless they would be due compensation for him? 

I have no problem with signing on fees, all clubs do it. Just of they are being too greedy, 10% id say is enough.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

I meant pointless paying a transfer fee with sell on if he is available for £0 in summer.  Signing on fee fair enough. 

Yeah i get ya...but if free we probably wouldnt get him as other clubs be sniffing.

5 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I'd rather we went for Camps who may well turn out to be a good player rather than Lowe who I don't think ever will.

Read an ITK on a Birmingham forum earlier state that the Lowe deal was a favour to an agent. 'Arry and an agent? Who'd a thunk it.

5 minutes ago, LDRover said:

Read an ITK on a Birmingham forum earlier state that the Lowe deal was a favour to an agent. 'Arry and an agent? Who'd a thunk it.

You'd be surprised just how many transfers are exactly that ... Club wants player A who is interesting other clubs   Club Speaks to his agent ..offers to also sign player B from another club in a another window who is also a client of said agent if agent can persuade player A to sign for their club .... I am sure we can all think of transfers , not just at our club where you think .."Why have they signed him" ...answer is repaying favour to agent

41 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I half suspect Stokes ended up here as a makeweight in the Mulgrew deal because Celtic wanted rid of the overpaid waster.

Stokes had quality - but he is just another that sees football in pound signs.

16 hours ago, rovers11 said:

I think a CM will probably come in and then that will be it for this window. You'd have to say it's been a 10/10 window so far. Added real pace and quality, and no one has left. 

If it was based purely on squads on paper, we should go on to win this league. I also feel this squad would do pretty well in the championship. Miles better than the one that got relegated last year. 

I would temper that by saying the quality in League One is appalling, so I would reserve judgement until we test the players at the higher level (should we get the chance)

Just now, islander200 said:

Reading his Twitter he says Lowe is live but we are also looking at a midfielder from the Prem on loan and it will be one or the other.

Edging his bets? Doesnt sound like him.

More loans would go against Mowbrays insistence that he doesnt like to overly rely on loans with Antonsson, Chapman, Payne and Armstrong already at the club.

Bennett has found a new home, one more pacy permanent winger would finish off the squad and see us ready to push for the top. Lowe would bring the happy fans atmosphere right down.

Archived