BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The January 2018 transfer thread

J*B

All that stuff about loving Hibs and wanting to settle back up there :lol:

A mercenary desperate for cash probably handled by some jack the lad well connected grease the wheels agents I can see him going somewhere else for ten minutes then pulling some similar homesick, can't settle stroke.

Shameful thing is this goon will score a bagful at a decent league one club but let's face it he doesn't give a toss about that or bothering to train.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I'd expect a season of consolidation first, BDS. I think bouncing through the leagues is beyond us because I doubt Venkys will give us any serious investment next season. I still expect us to be milling around the kind of figures we have done in summer/winter. A promotion may just rekindle their interest and maybe Baz will chip in with another decent fee. Other clubs have shown that spending isn't necessarily going to guarantee success though (Villa) so the idea of success being impossible without big money transfers is wrong.

However we have to learn mistakes from our last 3 seasons in the Championship. You simply cannot sell the better players and replace with the type of players we were buying, churning them up from the dregs of the transfer market and expect success or even stability.

Good post. If we go up Mowbray will ,in my opinion, have undoubtedly bought a year or two where he can consolidate us in the championship. If anyone disagrees with that ,I will fight them!

A lot depends on the backing he gets I suppose. The job he has done this season has been fantastic when you consider how low we were under coy...ugh I can't even say his name, last season. He has built a lovely team. 

2 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

I am not convinced. Agents will be involved, they always are. There must be an established way of conducting any transfer, in particular who pays the cockroaches fees.

If it is the reason then the usual party responsible for payment is objecting.

Is that us or Fleetwood?

Whoever it is I hope they stand up to the parasite.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

My god,Best and Stokes upfront against us the next day. You couldn't write that shit. 

Foreign owned team signing players from the same old pot? Well I never. 

Very happy with adding Bell.

Although Williams has done ok for the last couple of seasons, on this evidence he is a marked improvement, a lot of threatening composure when on the ball.

Yet he seems a natural wing back to me, and I wouldn’t be surprised if we pushed him even further forward.

Let’s Gareth Bale him. Bell will be playing for Real in 5 years mark my words. Maybe just the one Ballon D’Or.

I don’t think Mowbray’s experiment of 3-5-2 should be written off completely.

It was the personnel, and everyone was unsure of the quality of opposition initially.

When Lenihan is back, with Nyambe looking good, it will allow us to get more of our best attacking players on the pitch - which at most levels is far more important than who stands where at kick off.

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

It might well be inconsequential in the end. I hope it is. But at this stage the reason we've not got into the top 2 for any period of time is because we've slipped up against the poorer sides too often. If we're going to break in there and then stay there we'll have to be better at dispatching the likes of Wimbledon, Northampton and Doncaster etc.

I don't think we will win every week. I'm merely trying to point out the reason why we haven't, to date, occupied a top 2 slot - namely that we've too often dropped points against the poorer sides in the league.

The principal reason we are not in the top 2 is the very poor start we made to the season. We took just 17 points out of the first 33, dropping 16 points including losing 2 out of the first 3 games.  If we had made a better  start, say 21 or 22 points (still not brilliant), we'd be clear of Shrewsbury and vying with Wigan for top place. 

You have to look at the overall picture, not just our results against the top and bottom sides. 

Archived