BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers v Bury

• Replies 765
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Be interesting to get some thoughts on what people think the best team and formation should be given the players that have returned? 

Raya

Nyambe Lenihan Mulgrew Bell

Smallwood

Bennett     Dack    Payne

Graham Armstrong

or

Raya

Smallwood Bennett

Payne  Dack Armstrong 

Graham   

or he might go 3-5-2

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Nyambe     Smallwood  Bennett      Bell

Dack

Graham Armstrong

Just now, JacknOry said:

Raya

Smallwood

Bennett     Dack    Payne

Graham Armstrong

or

Raya

Smallwood Bennett

Payne  Dack Armstrong 

Graham   

or he might go 3-5-2

Raya

Lenihan Mulgrew Williams

Nyambe     Smallwood  Bennett      Bell

Dack

Graham Armstrong

Reminds me of the old General Studies A Level multiple question exam. Just randomly tick boxes, sometimes get it right and anyone can pass. I did and I did.

24 minutes ago, Darwen Rover 007 said:

Be interesting to get some thoughts on what people think the best team and formation should be given the players that have returned? 

I'm not sure if he's mentioned it but Chaddy likes 3 at the back.

My attempt at FM FWIW (that isn't a formation):-

A flap-free Raya in goals.

Nyambe, Lenny, Mulgrew and Bell across the back 4.

Smallwood and Travis in midfield. Based on the fact Travis looks a very positive and talented lad who looks forward when he gets the ball. As others have said we look to have a quality player there.

Bennett, Dack, Armstrong. Bennett because he adds balance and width and has a phenomenal work-rate. Armstrong is a striker really.

Graham - 9 goals in 8 games at home or summat like that.

Raya

Nyambe  Lenny Mulgrew Bell

Travis Smallwood

Bennett           Dack              Armstrong

Graham

Lewts, Conway, Downing, Payne,  Whittingham, Nuttall, Samuel, Williams, Evans, Antonnson, Toimlinson, Gladwin, Caddis to fight for places on the bench.

Chapman to be straight in the 1st team when he's fit and offered a 10 year contract and a street named after him.

It's an embarrassment of riches really for League 1. Like Mogga said, if he doesn't get this squad up (said before we signed Payne and Armstrong) he's not much of a coach. Sorry if repeating this upsets some people:P

9 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I'm not sure if he's mentioned it but Chaddy likes 3 at the back.

My attempt at FM FWIW (that isn't a formation):-

A flap-free Raya in goals.

Nyambe, Lenny, Mulgrew and Bell across the back 4.

Smallwood and Travis in midfield. Based on the fact Travis looks a very positive and talented lad who looks forward when he gets the ball. As others have said we look to have a quality player there.

Bennett, Dack, Armstrong. Bennett because he adds balance and width and has a phenomenal work-rate. Armstrong is a striker really.

Graham - 9 goals in 8 games at home or summat like that.

Raya

Nyambe  Lenny Mulgrew Bell

Travis Smallwood

Bennett           Dack              Armstrong

Graham

Lewts, Conway, Downing, Payne,  Whittingham, Nuttall, Samuel, Williams, Evans, Antonnson, Toimlinson, Gladwin, Caddis to fight for places on the bench.

Chapman to be straight in the 1st team when he's fit and offered a 10 year contract and a street named after him.

It's an embarrassment of riches really for League 1. Like Mogga said, if he doesn't get this squad up (said before we signed Payne and Armstrong) he's not much of a coach. Sorry if repeating this upsets some people:P

A decent coach could fashion a mid table L1 side from that bench. Not sure about the keeper though.

32 minutes ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Reminds me of the old General Studies A Level multiple question exam. Just randomly tick boxes, sometimes get it right and anyone can pass. I did and I did.

Correct - basically we dont have a clue who or how we will line up. Those are my three favourite guesses though - ill still get stumped on all three though.

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Smallwood and Travis in midfield. 

Except for the tiny detail you missed out about Travis being suspended for the next two matches. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Like Mogga said, if he doesn't get this squad up (said before we signed Payne and Armstrong) he's not much of a coach.

Quite an uncowardly statement by any manager's standards.

10 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

...and Northampton. More false dawns than a transvestite convention.

These are the games we should win. We aren't a bad side at home, second best in this league playing the team with worst away record, so our quality should register 3 points.

It'll be a good TV shop window for some but with the added incentive of going top everyone will up their game.

coyb :rover:

21 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

Me too mate ha ha. I never attended a single lesson and still got an A Level. Bonkers!

14 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Or a stupid and arrogant one. I'll judge him by his actions. Let's hope we don't have a left back on the wing again tomorrow just because Mogga once saw their right-back cross the halfway line.:rolleyes:

Mowbray doing anything right doesn't fit the narrative does it?

Just now, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Mowbray doing anything right doesn't fit the narrative does it?

The only narrative is we have to go up. Let's hope the resolution to the narrative arc is that Mowbray doesn't get sacked for failing to achieve it. The chances of that happening when you change your team to counter Oldham's right-back are quite high.

If you see things differently please elaborate?

Gutted that it's not on iFollow. *Hint hint*

I'll settle for any win, no matter how it comes. We've seen how even teams at the top can cock up unexpectedly, so I'll be happy for us to get through it with a scrappy win.

14 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Or a stupid and arrogant one. I'll judge him by his actions. Let's hope we don't have a left back on the wing again tomorrow just because Mogga once saw their right-back cross the halfway line.:rolleyes:

Might be the other side he cuts off tonight if that LB plays .....

Get into em !!!!

44 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

No. He looked technically adept but he seemed to think slower than anybody else on the pitch. He is part of the squad though and that was what my post was about.

Stop digging blueboy, your obvious dislike of Mowbray is clear, if we fail to go up you can spend the summer saying 'I told you so' but until then keep that powder dry :P

Archived