BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Championship 2018-19

Just now, JHRover said:

Another gamble on an inexperienced manager by a relegated club. Fair do's to them they're putting their faith in a young highly rated British manager but like with Moore at WBA he's got no experience of working in the pressurized environment of the Championship.

I think its a good appointment and someone who will get Swansea back the team they were under Martinez and Rodgers playing style wise. 

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

I think its a good appointment and someone who will get Swansea back the team they were under Martinez and Rodgers playing style wise. 

That’s all well and good, but if they don’t win football matches, he’ll be out on his ear post haste.

This isn’t a do at you by the way Chaddy, but I also don’t know who Swansea think they are by talking about a ‘philosophy’ as though they’re Barcelona. Delusions of grandeur or what?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Would you have him at Rovers ?

Yes if Mowbray leaves but hope Mowbray stays along time here. 

12 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

That’s all well and good, but if they don’t win football matches, he’ll be out on his ear post haste.

This isn’t a do at you by the way Chaddy, but I also don’t know who Swansea think they are by talking about a ‘philosophy’ as though they’re Barcelona. Delusions of grandeur or what?

Not for me. 

I would like to Rovers have philosphy that is played from academy level to first team level..clearly sometimes you need a plan B and play differently

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Saw on Twitter from one of their fans...

’you don’t play that amount of games at this level without being a decent player’

?

I was saying exactly this to a bloke at work today.

He has played lots of games because he has played lots of games, starting game after game when he should have been a squad player - at best - making late substitute appearances to kill a game, and all thanks to Gary Bowyer. That became self-fulfilling, with him then being the most experienced player at the club once all of the decent players were sold. Then on that same basis, Coyle made him captain and built the team around him. Guess what, we got relegated!

His comments about making tackles is so disingenuous. He’s never been near a tackle. Unless of course he has a part time job...

93D251AC-1E92-4499-80B0-9F5FB31C0A56.jpeg

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I was saying exactly this to a bloke at work today.

He has played lots of games because he has played lots of games, starting game after game when he should have been a squad player - at best - making late substitute appearances to kill a game, and all thanks to Gary Bowyer. That became self-fulfilling, with him then being the most experienced player at the club once all of the decent players were sold. Then on that same basis, Coyle made him captain and built the team around him. Guess what, we got relegated!

His comments about making tackles is so disingenuous. He’s never been near a tackle. Unless of course he has a part time job...

93D251AC-1E92-4499-80B0-9F5FB31C0A56.jpeg

Bit dodgy around the shoulders but a decent cut none the less. :)

22 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Bit dodgy around the shoulders but a decent cut none the less. :)

That round the edges is exhaust gases emerging from his fantastic engine warming up to set the championship on fire

Edited by perthblue02

5 hours ago, arbitro said:

I can't be bothered listening but he looks like he has been on the weights. Normally being too bulky slows you down, he'll be running in reverse soon to match his passing.

I couldn't believe how bad he was when I first saw him play. I went through the usual check list and apart from running around he didn't tick any of the usual boxes.  He never got any better either.

1 hour ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I couldn't believe how bad he was when I first saw him play. I went through the usual check list and apart from running around he didn't tick any of the usual boxes.  He never got any better either.

But by the end of his Bolton contract he’ll have spent a decade in the top 2 divisions

Not sure the modern game is all it’s cracked up to be.

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Media reports suggest Steve Bruce will walk away from Villa

I thought he would from the moment the final whistle went against Fulham. He has a history of walking away from clubs and my guess is he will use the financial problems as an excuse. And he will be back on the merry-go-round in no time at all.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

But by the end of his Bolton contract he’ll have spent a decade in the top 2 divisions

Not sure the modern game is all it’s cracked up to be.

When I read he'd played in centre midfield for the England U-21 team I was expecting to see a young David Dunn or a young David Batty. What I saw was a short guy who was really technically limited with nothing about him that would suggest he would play more than a game or two at first team level. His awareness of what was going on around him was poor also. He looked slightly better at right back without ever really looking the part.

9 hours ago, arbitro said:

I thought he would from the moment the final whistle went against Fulham. He has a history of walking away from clubs and my guess is he will use the financial problems as an excuse. And he will be back on the merry-go-round in no time at all.

Cant blame him tbh..

Its a mess at Villa and the personal issues he had to deal with during the season. Maybe it time for a proper break and some family time

57 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Cant blame him tbh..

Its a mess at Villa and the personal issues he had to deal with during the season. Maybe it time for a proper break and some family time

But he has to accept his responsibility in the mess as he was the manager with a huge budget and allowed to sign players and take in expensive loans. He failed to get them promoted and now it looks like he will conveniently hide behind the off the field stuff. He has walked away before several times and has had nine managers jobs in eighteen years.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But he has to accept his responsibility in the mess as he was the manager with a huge budget and allowed to sign players and take in expensive loans. He failed to get them promoted and now it looks like he will conveniently hide behind the off the field stuff. He has walked away before several times and has had nine managers jobs in eighteen years.

Sorry but the owner is at fault he authorised the loan deals and transfers. 

Huge budget? 

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Sorry but the owner is at fault he authorised the loan deals and transfers. 

Huge budget? 

Are you saying Bruce didn't have a huge budget?The owner authorised the signings but surely it was Bruce who chose the players. 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Bruce walking away would be the easy option. He had a very good budget last season and while he was there. He also signed loads of players on loan. Not getting that squad promoted is a failure and it’s his failure. The chairman deserves credit for backing him, if anything. 

That being said, I rate the guy as a manager and he has a good record, but like anyone, he’s not above criticism.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 2

60k a week for John Terry, 50k for Micah Richards, 50k for Agbonlahor, 40k for Lansbury, 40k Jedinak, 40k James Chester, they were paying 40k a week of Snodgrass’ wages. Hutton 30k a week, Kodja 30k, they brought in Chris Samba. It goes on and on.

An enormous squad with easily the biggest wage bill in the division. So yeah a ‘huge budget’.

Edited by Mattyblue

1 hour ago, K-Hod said:

Bruce walking away would be the easy option. He had a very good budget last season and while he was there. He also signed loads of players on loan. Not getting that squad promoted is a failure and it’s his failure. The chairman deserves credit for backing him, if anything. 

That being said, I rate the guy as a manager and he has a good record, but like anyone, he’s not above criticism.

I wouldnt blame him for walking for family reasons. Cant be easy losing both parents within such short space of time. 

But Villa has wasted of money on players. Some of money being spent there on wages are far too much. 

1 hour ago, Ladyboys of Bank Top said:

So it was Venkys who got us promoted and not Mowbray? 

Mowbray got us promoted but Venkys back Mowbray plan.

2 hours ago, islander200 said:

Are you saying Bruce didn't have a huge budget?The owner authorised the signings but surely it was Bruce who chose the players. 

He hasnt spend loads of money compare to previous managers like Di Matteo. Spend money on rubbish players. 

46 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

60k a week for John Terry, 50k for Micah Richards, 50k for Agbonlahor, 40k for Lansbury, 40k Jedinak, 40k James Chester, they were paying 40k a week of Snodgrass’ wages. Hutton 30k a week, Kodja 30k, they brought in Chris Samba. It goes on and on.

An enormous squad with easily the biggest wage bill in the division. So yeah a ‘huge budget’.

Only Samba, Snodgrass, Lansbury and Terry are his signings. 

McCormack is on about 60 k isnt he?

Whilst you are right @chaddyrovers that we can only sympathise with Bruce regarding his sad personal circumstances. On a totally seperate note his signingw have been in the main poor and the gamble of money he spent has now backfired, regardless of previous managers.

Also signed Hogan, Bjarnason, Neil Taylor, probably 1 or 2 more and they havent really worked out. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Whilst you are right @chaddyrovers that we can only sympathise with Bruce regarding his sad personal circumstances. On a totally seperate note his signingw have been in the main poor and the gamble of money he spent has now backfired, regardless of previous managers.

Also signed Hogan, Bjarnason, Neil Taylor, probably 1 or 2 more and they havent really worked out. 

I would agree most of signings have not work out

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only Samba, Snodgrass, Lansbury and Terry are his signings. 

McCormack is on about 60 k isnt he?

Was he only on loan to whichever A League team had him?

As for Bruce, he decided to keep on Gabby I'dbangthewhore and co. and did not bite the bullet and cancel their contract like we did with Best. Yes, that would have been a hard hit financially but getting rid of wasters can improve a squad spirit. The signings he did make were not good enough, so tough. Walk away Steve like you have done so often and let someone else pick up the pieces.

• Like 1